Inquiry Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
I was thinking he might not be home also, as someone else said, might also be out of the country. Anyway, don't "assume the worst"- no one seems to have had "issues" with him...a little patience & I bet you hear back within a couple days. Automated replies can be very frustrating...that's the world we're in though.

I thought he had a retail store but I might be mistaken, so I figured at least calling would get a response but perhaps the number listed is his personal. I have read some excellent things about Bob and more importantly his snakes (I turned to Bob after have a nasty run in with CV exotics from NH). I will keep my fingers crossed!

Old 01-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #12
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Heck, I dunno, but I am incredulous that any shipper of live reptiles, in January no less, would ship without first receiving confirmation that the recipient would be home and available to take delivery of that live animal.

What am I missing here?

That is why I called and emailed him - I even stayed home from work this morning thinking it was shipped. Luckily I don't believe so as the tracking indicates nothing. The temps are in the 20s here

Old 01-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #13
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
I thought he had a retail store but I might be mistaken, so I figured at least calling would get a response but perhaps the number listed is his personal. I have read some excellent things about Bob and more importantly his snakes (I turned to Bob after have a nasty run in with CV exotics from NH). I will keep my fingers crossed!
Rachel,
Bob doesn't have a retail store, although he is a mega breeder of pythons, and other reptiles.

I've known Bob for over 25 years, you'll be taken care of, be patient, he maybe out of the country, or just busy...

Rest assured, Bob is definitely a good guy!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 01-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #14
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Rachel,
Bob doesn't have a retail store, although he is a mega breeder of pythons, and other reptiles.

I've known Bob for over 25 years, you'll be taken care of, be patient, he maybe out of the country, or just busy...

Rest assured, Bob is definitely a good guy!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
Hi Lynn,
Thank you for your response - I actually just got another one of those weird shipping labels so I honestly think they are just automated. I'm not going to worry - until I receive an actual shipment notification from FedEx I'll assume he won't ship without contacting me. I just want to make sure i can be available - I know it happens all the time but I've never ordered a live reptile online so the whole process is new to me. Thank you again

Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 PM   #15
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
Thank you for your response - I actually just got another one of those weird shipping labels so I honestly think they are just automated. I'm not going to worry - until I receive an actual shipment notification from FedEx I'll assume he won't ship without contacting me. I just want to make sure i can be available - I know it happens all the time but I've never ordered a live reptile online so the whole process is new to me. Thank you again
It can be stressful but this time of year in particular you have to be patient. The seller has to track the weather has his location, at your location, and at the midpoint FedEx hub (usually Memphis TN) to determine if it's safe to ship or not.

I usually have my incoming critters sent to my local hub for pick up. That way if one does come in unexpectedly it's not sitting on my doorstep.

Fortunately my boss is also understanding about having to take off work with little or no notice due to unexpected life events. Come to think of it, he does that more often that I do.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #16
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
It can be stressful but this time of year in particular you have to be patient. The seller has to track the weather has his location, at your location, and at the midpoint FedEx hub (usually Memphis TN) to determine if it's safe to ship or not.

I usually have my incoming critters sent to my local hub for pick up. That way if one does come in unexpectedly it's not sitting on my doorstep.

Fortunately my boss is also understanding about having to take off work with little or no notice due to unexpected life events. Come to think of it, he does that more often that I do.
I just received shipping confirmation without communication.. I am a little concerned because Bob never got into contact with me but there is a FedEx hub right next to my work so I was able to get it sorted out..

Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #17
Ed Clark
Is not shipping confirmation a communication?

Old 01-30-2018, 10:32 PM   #18
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
I was hoping for a reply to my email(s) not a shipping confirmation from FedEx. If I was unable to hold him at a FedEx location he would have been sitting out in 20 degree weather when I got home, since I had no contact with the seller to work out a shipping time. I was under the impression that a seller would contact you to ensure you would be available for the receipt of your animal... perhaps I am mistaken here.

It is very well possible I had unrealistic expectations of the online ordering process..although I don't think communication is really that unfathomable. Apparently I am wrong.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #19
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Without some kind of back and forth, feels more like an ultimatum than communication. I'm not sure how these automated websites work but I can understand the buyer's trepidation. I can say I've bought from Bob Clark in the past and was a satisfied customer. This was before the shopping cart style website though so we had established a dialogue and agreed upon a shipping date.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:36 PM   #20
Ed Clark
Not a good idea to ship a live reptile in 20* weather.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!