High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #121
fuscusking13
Bobby..

Was that last question in your post for me?? If so I do not know who is in the picture. To be honest I have only been in the online herp world for a little over 18 months, and fauna since March of 06, so I really dont even know the whole Damon story at all or who he was. Apparently he has some enemies, that much I can tell, lol. The new bigger pic is too blury to be of help in my opinion. Anyway back to work.....Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #122
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
There are some things that I find a little disturbing about HEH, they haven't answered the questions asked of them, David may, or may not be someone else, not sure if I even care about that. We all have baggage.

I noticed a number of members voting negatively on HEH's Fauna Good Guy Certificate. To me that spot is reserved for members who have done business with an individual, or if the individual had done something so egregious that you don't want Fauna's stamp of approval on them(as in the case of TSE). HEH isn't there yet, IMO. In fact I've only seen good comments from the ones that have actually done business.
I diagree, your trader rating is for people that has done business with you. This can be seen on every post.

The GGC is more for what people think about how you run your show. JMHO.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #123
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
Was that last question in your post for me?? If so I do not know who is in the picture. To be honest I have only been in the online herp world for a little over 18 months, and fauna since March of 06, so I really dont even know the whole Damon story at all or who he was. Apparently he has some enemies, that much I can tell, lol. The new bigger pic is too blury to be of help in my opinion. Anyway back to work.....Dan M.
Well sure, but you are trying to tell us that by that picture that you do not have a clue who it is? All I can say, if it was me or someone I know, I could tell.

Also, IMO you seem real fast to answer the questions posted for David. Why?

Old 01-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #124
Donnie Smith
I do not have a dog in this fight. I am attempting to stay neutral in this one.

The way I see it:

David and Tawni appear to feel that they don’t HAVE to answer any questions as, in their opinion, the accusations have no merit. I can fully understand how they feel. It’s never a good day when your business practices are called into question. If you feel that you are being unfairly singled out, oftentimes, it is advantageous to simply not respond to any accusations or questions. I can absolutely see how this would infuriate an honest business person and make them wish NOT to provide any answers to any of the questions being raised.

Even so, the party in question has expressed interest in protecting their good name. They have repeatedly posted that this is “hogwash” and other descriptive terms as well. If it were me in their situation, I would want to do everything within my power to prove the naysayers wrong. I am proud that my small business is relatively untarnished and I would like to keep it above suspicion. If someone were to say that I were a well known “Bad Guy” and not who I say I am, I would go out of my way to prove otherwise.

David and Tawni, this website was not put up to drag good people down. It was created to expose the bad people to the rest of the community and protect Us from Them. You can see why it is a concerning thing for one person to hide behind an assumed identity. In the past, you have even been involved in helping to expose someone who may have been posting under a false identity (see http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...731#post426731 for details). I feel that it is in your best interest to stop evading these questions and answer some of them… Starting with Ritchie’s. Otherwise, people are going to start making assumptions based on the information given. Currently, the way I see it: the “against HEH side” has amassed a fair amount of circumstantial evidence linking you to a shady character. You have rebutted by stating that you really are a nice guy. Unfortunately that places your word against their evidence.

Please reconsider your statement that you are “done with this nonsense”. I don’t think it’s nonsense… I think that this board exposes many bad guys. Right now, public opinion is leaning toward you being one of them. Maybe it’s time to make an attempt to reverse this.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #125
Wilomn
Quote:
There are some things that I find a little disturbing about HEH, they haven't answered the questions asked of them, David may, or may not be someone else, not sure if I even care about that. We all have baggage.

I noticed a number of members voting negatively on HEH's Fauna Good Guy Certificate. To me that spot is reserved for members who have done business with an individual, or if the individual had done something so egregious that you don't want Fauna's stamp of approval on them(as in the case of TSE). HEH isn't there yet, IMO. In fact I've only seen good comments from the ones that have actually done business.
Some of us are sure that this guy IS damon henyen. Do a search on brian smith too, another of his aliases. You may change your mind if you too decide it's the same person.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #126
Chameleon Company
Kevin,
I am going to have to lean with you regarding the GGC. In my book, the "C" stands for Certification, and I can't certify based on a hunch, etc. This has come up before regarding the outing of dubious folks who had an otherwise GGC, where some seem to have voted just for lack of any bad dealings, without regard for lack of any good ones too. I would suggest to all that a "GGC" is a specific award, which as HEH has done, can then be posted as a medallion on a website. I am not a fan of the process, have only voted 2-3 times where I had specific dealings and additional knowledge, and I see it as more than a trader rating, not less. To each his own though.

I am no fan of any alias, running from the law, etc. If David is Damon, I have no trouble with it being a concern to others, and I would not do business with someone in hiding regardless, if I knew it to be so. There is also a certain amount of hypocrisy in anyone with an alias belittling anyone else, and I would find it unwise for any such entity to be active in any forum. I believe that I have read the entire thread, and if someone could put a link to any scamming etc activities (not the legal issues), or a post number indicating where David or Damon etc has ripped someone off, I would appreciate the effort.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #127
Griz
Quote:

Kevin, the polls are left up to individual interpretation. There are no clear cut rules on who can vote and why. Let me quote Rich here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
Well, this is where this section comes in. This is a proactive method for people to know the good guys to deal with by them having a certification medallion displayed on their website that indicates them being in good standing with the members of this site in relation to how they do business.
The certificate indicates that the user is in good standing with the members of this site. CLEARLY, HEH is not in good standing with multiple members of this site due numerous unresolved/unanswered questions. If David would resolve these issues then I will happily remove my vote assuming the resolution proves him to deserve such.

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #128
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
I am no fan of any alias, running from the law, etc. If David is Damon, I have no trouble with it being a concern to others, and I would not do business with someone in hiding regardless, if I knew it to be so. There is also a certain amount of hypocrisy in anyone with an alias belittling anyone else, and I would find it unwise for any such entity to be active in any forum. I believe that I have read the entire thread, and if someone could put a link to any scamming etc activities (not the legal issues), or a post number indicating where David or Damon etc has ripped someone off, I would appreciate the effort.
Jim, there are quite a few threads on Fauna regarding him. Do a google search on this name and they will pop up. He also went by the user name of damon j heynen. Here is but one thread ----> Damon

Griz

Old 01-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #129
fuscusking13
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Well sure, but you are trying to tell us that by that picture that you do not have a clue who it is? All I can say, if it was me or someone I know, I could tell.

I honestly cant tell from the photo, I gave my opinion based on what I can see and that is that they are not the same person, however as stated before I could be wrong. I met the guy once in my life for a couple hours and that is it.

Also, IMO you seem real fast to answer the questions posted for David. Why?
I am not sure what you mean here, I was confused at who the last question was directed at, and answered it either way to save my time and yours. As for the colony thing, I was just trying to help answer one of several unanswered question because truthfully I get sick of seeing the same questions repeated over and over, so I figured one less repeat I have to look at would be nice, and I happened to know the answer. I guess I should try to be less helpful in the future??? Anyway have boats to insure and loans to process, I will check back in after lunch, as soon as I actually have time to heat it up lol. Take care, Dan M.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #130
HerpVenue
You are right.
small world.

Website is registered in Cali
Damon is from Cali

Damon was last seen going to the south.
you are in the south.

damon pretends to have a big business
you pretend to have a big business.

damon is interested mainly in burms retics and their crosses. (but keeps other snakes)
you are interested in the same.

damon does not answer questions.
you do not answer questions.

damon doctors his pictures
you doctor your pictures

damon builds his enclosures
you build your enclosures

damon offers 4 month guarantee
you offer four month guarantee

damon offers lifetime exchange
you offer lifetime exchange

damon want the little people to afford "high end" stuff
you want the same.

damon had an open colony but claimed to have a closed one
you also have an open colony but claimed to have a closed one

damon always cried that anyone can come here and make accusations on anyone else without needing proof
You had a "friend" tell you the exact same thing and then you proceeded to cry about it like damon does
freind = your alter ego named damon

Damon disappeared
You appeared a couple months later

He hates Bob & Mike
You hate Bob and Mike

he only has one or two customers vouch for him
you only have one or two customers who vouch for you.

damon built his own facility
you guilt your own facility

damon claimed that reptiles was his sole source of income.
you claim that reptiles is your sole source of income

The list above is getting longer

Now to a different topic.

Quote:
Recent quote All I know for sure is he is definately in Louisiana, and has an established facility there, and lots and lots of snakes. The quick tour I took was at least an hour in just one of his facilities, so he definately has a good sized collection. Take care everyone, Dan M.
Quote:
past quote I met David at one of his quarentine facilities and was very impressed. He builds his own custom cages and everything was well cared for. No distgusting cages, and everything was well cared for and very tame. There was only one snake I saw that even had a bad attitude. This is one of several of his facilities and there were many snakes there, in the 100's. He also had another facility on the property for the breeding of food animals, which was kept up very well as well as the snakes.
So you only took a tour in ONE of his facilities.
What made you think he had SEVERAL?
Did he drive around pointing to buildings on the street and saying they were his?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart