High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 21 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #201
monkeywrench133
Well, it was worth asking

Old 01-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #202
Scott Ashton
Dan:

Help me out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
Ok, first off when I started getting snakes I was working/volunteering at a rescue and some snakes I got there, and the ones I purchased were kept there as well. I then moved to a friends where I rented two rooms. One for the snakes and one for myself. When money got tight and I could not afford both, I lived in the car and gave the snakes their room. I have not lived with my mom in several years, but due to owning snakes could not go back when I had no where to go ( I am 22 so I have been out of my moms house since 18, except for a several month stay in between houses and to house sit once). I eventually lost the place I was keeping the snakes due to a personal conflict with my landlord/friend. I moved them all to my friends basement and slpt on their couch and payed them 50 a week plus all increases in utilities. Their landlord came over saw the snakes and said if they were not gone by Monday, my friends had to move(this was on a friday I believe). You can check I had post on several sites looking for someone I could pay to board my snakes locally and I would come and care for them daily, search it on here, although I may have removed it, dont remember(would have been early september some time). No one responded, and that post actually led to the loss of my kingsnake account becuase they said I was advertising and I argued with Ginger over there and she kicked me off. I was lucky enough sunday niught to get in touch with a friend with a full basement at her businees who let them stay there temporarily against her landlords wishes. If I am such an awful person or a liar I do not think that all these people would help me at their risk. Finally time ran out there and my friend moved stuff around in his own bedroom and snakes room to allow my stuff to stay there. At this point I had a lot of personal demons and decided that if I truly cared about my animals they would be best in the hands of someone who could give them proper care. ALso as far as breeding, it is hard to cycle snakes and keep them interested in breeding when you are moving every month or so, and in different cages, and atmospheres. Also I have never bred before, they were pets, and future breeders when I was ready for the challenge. The two female balls that cycled did it on their own, no temp drop at all. They are also not big enough to breed (800 grams and 450 grams) nor are they old enough (19 months). I also didnt have the manes to invest the money to make the money, when your broke, you are broke. I agree the decision lost me a lot and a lot of potential income, but for the sake of my animals I do not regret it. My only regret is selfish regret that I dont have them anymore. I will always miss them and they will always be loved, but for now pictures and updates will have to suffice. Hope this answered everything, oh and I got back to CT on tuesday AM about 230, have no idea what the date was, but the tuesday after thanksgiving. Take care, Dan M.
That would have been Tuesday, 11/28/06

Post #182

Quote:
He is also a friend and I was hanging out over there. I got the radiator fixed right after I got back because the car boiled over the next day after work. I was just saying I happened to be over there last night for a poker game, which I won and if someone had wanted to talk to him for proof he was available. Thank for understanding the fact that I do care a lot. Also out of the 700 in expenses, not all was out of pocket. David threw in $225 towards expenses and the kid I traded with in MO threw in $100, so only $375 actually came out of my own pocket. Plus I bought them all brand new bags and bins for the trip so another 40 bucks or so there. All in all as I said, well worth every minute and every cent. I could not have asked for them to go to a better more suitable establishment.
That would have been Wednesday, 11/29/06.

Post #187

Quote:
No my mechanic is great. I had the car back with in 2 hours and I didnt even make an appointment, just showed up and they sqeezed me in. His father owns the shop and is a great guy. Its nice to have friends I must say, for you it may be time for a new mechanic lol. Actually they also fixed my blinkers and defrosters that werent working for free. There was an electrical problem from the previous owner who fried the system. I hate my car, but its motivation to work that much harder. THanks again for the vote of confidence. Dan M.
So the car was repaired on 11/29/06.

On Monday, 12/04/06 you posted this:

Quote:
Did anyone on here go the the Berks show this past weekend?? I was wondering how it went and what was there. I was heading there and my radiator blew up, so needless to say I didnt make it and still spent money. Just curious if I missed out or if it was awful. The last time I made it out there was this past February. Thanks, Dan.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=91783

The Berks show to which you refer (also known as the "Hamburg show") was held on Saturday, 12/02/06. Your radiator blew while you were on your way to the show? When did you leave for the show?

The previous weekend you gave up the vast majority of your herp collection because you couldn't afford it, but now you were going to spend some cash at the reptile show in Hamburg?

Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #203
Cat_72
WOW Scott.....some very interesting questions.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #204
Jim O
I'm smelling something and it ain't roses.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:16 PM   #205
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I'm smelling something and it ain't roses.
Psssst, Jim, check your shoes......you may have stepped in something on the way into this thread, because someone is full of it.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #206
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn

05-15-2004, 08:35 PM #1
Hanibal Lector

Name : Damon Smith

Trader Rating: (0)

Warning Level: 0 Selling entire breeding colony of Morphs, Boas, Pythons, others and all supplies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am selling my entire breeding stock of python morphs and many other species of boas and pythons as well as all my caging and thousands of supplies. Too much to list. Email to inquire. Chances are very good that I have what you are looking for.

Here is a partial list of some of the animals that I have available:

Albino Reticulated pythons
Het albino Reticulated pythons
Tiger het albino reticulated pythons
Super tiger reticulated pythons
Tiger reticulated pythons
Albino granite burmese
Granite het albino burmese
Albino labyrinth burmese
Albino paternless burmese
Green patternless rock pythons
Hybrid rock/burmese pythons
Ceylonese pythons
all carpet species
most boa species, terrestrial and arboreal
Some tri color colubrid species

All of the above are adult snakes, many of which are currently gravid. I also have eggs in incubation for sale as well as offspring. Make no mistake, I am not hard up for money and I know what everything is worth so please don't make ridiculous offers. I am going to patiently get full market value for every last snake. All of my snakes are 100% healthy and have been kept in fully closed colonies. Everything I have is captive born. All but 2 are very docile and easy going. I offer a full year guarantee on every animal.

In addition to the above I am selling all my caging and supplies. My cages consist of visions, neodeshas, and many home made but very well build multi-unit rolling cages. Email for pictures. Also available: Hundreds of sweater box cages, misting systems, humidifiers, incubators, rolling work stands for cleaning bowls and replacing papers, three full sized freezers, hundreds of rabbits, thousands of rats, rat breeding supplies, rabbit breeding supplies, high quality rabbit and rat food tonnage, etc, etc, etc.

I will accept only cash, bank cashiers checks, or money orders. I will certainly consider any newer model recreational vehicle/motorhome that is no older than 2 or 3 years and in near pristine condition. Preferably exceeding 35 feet. Will also consider a travel trailer, also near new, preferably large with either gooseneck or standard hitch.

I will not ship any of these animals. They are person to person pick up only. I want to know where every snake is going and who is buying them.

Seems to be a repeating theme with this scumbag, no matter what name he's using to fool the rubes.
I can't find the rest of this old classified ad that Wes added to this thread, but I do remember a couple months (maybe more) after Damon posted this ad in 04 he claimed everything was sold, and he was going to drive around the country and see everything as he had plenty of money already(which he admitted he made from drugs btw). Now, shortly before High End Herps shows up summer of 05 we know Damon was busted in AZ and still had his reptiles. This showing that he only pretended to sell his off collection. Now, what possible reasons are there for someone to try and convince everyone they are out of reptiles when they really aren't? Not only that it's been shown that High End Herps has a few of the same snakes Damon use to post pictures of when he was using the name Brian Smith.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #207
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR
I can't find the rest of this old classified ad that Wes added to this thread, but I do remember a couple months (maybe more) after Damon posted this ad in 04 he claimed everything was sold, and he was going to drive around the country and see everything as he had plenty of money already(which he admitted he made from drugs btw). Now, shortly before High End Herps shows up summer of 05 we know Damon was busted in AZ and still had his reptiles. This showing that he only pretended to sell his off collection. Now, what possible reasons are there for someone to try and convince everyone they are out of reptiles when they really aren't? Not only that it's been shown that High End Herps has a few of the same snakes Damon use to post pictures of when he was using the name Brian Smith.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=39152

Old 01-11-2007, 10:20 PM   #208
BenR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
That's not the same one. He had another one in the Python classifieds that was a couple pages long from questions and different replies he made. I also remember prices being listed which were fairly high.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #209
Chameleon Company
Scott,
Columbo would be proud ! Do you wear an old raincoat, and as you walk away, turn and say "Oh, just one more thing" ? If the reptile market ever crashes, you and Ritchie should gumshoe. Dr Owens, you can address the medical needs of those that they perforate !

Old 01-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #210
HerpVenue
Damon Posted his entire collection for sale on 5/15/2004
he supposedly sold EVERYTHING by 6/23/04

He lied.

but according to some folks who posted, he did not do any bad business. He just lied.

so now we know he still has his collection.
A collection that seems to be identical to David's

I am going to be judgmental here for quite a bit.

Dave and Tracy Barker, they own only a couple of "Sites"
And yet They both manage to always look classy and CLEAN.

Ralph Davis only owns a building or two.
And yet he always manages to LOOK CLEAN.

here we have David and Tawni who can afford SEVERAL Buildings
Can she at least afford a bath too? Maybe afford some shampoo for her matty wig....err hair.
Can she buy a mop and a broom?

Her picture looks to me like someone who is also trying to hide her identity.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart