Better late than never - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:30 AM   #1
Merab
Better late than never

Well I guess the title may give a little bit of background. I joined (what 2 years ago) and just now got to this. Oops. I did more reading than posting. I love reptiles, they have always fascinated me. I've had Iguanas, Turtles, and Leopard Geckos. I really wanted to have a snake, but never could due to my mom's phobia. Now I live on my own so mom does not get to have a say. Of course I spent lots of time researching ball pythons and finally decided to get one, but instead came home with three. 1 male bumblebee, 1 male pewter, and 1 female normal. I doubt that any breeding will come of this. I only picked up the female because 1. I think that the wild type is actually pretty cool and 2. I held her and really liked her.

I am a bio major in college so animals have always been a interest of mine. In fact I have sneaked a few in my room..shhh don't tell. Of course none of them stayed long usually a day or two, because they were stray pick ups that my parents and I ended up keeping. So in my current possession is a cat named Silas, a Aussie Lab mix named Sadie, and the 3 ball pythons. Luckily my alter ego is a preschool teacher, so the gecko and turtle were able to become classroom pets while I was living on campus. Unfortunately that means I cannot have them back because the kids are attached to them. I believe that is a good thing though since the kids could actually enjoy them and learn from them.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
Charis
Hello! And a belated welcome for a belated intro!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons, leopard gecko, turtle