Chinese coronavirus - Page 62 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-04-2020, 09:33 PM   #611
WebSlave
Quote:
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), however, said the Sunshine State would not reverse course on its reopening.

“We're not going back, closing things,” he said on Wednesday. “I don't think that that's really what's driving it. People going to a business is not what's driving it. I think when you see the younger folks — I think a lot of it is more just social interactions, so that's natural.

What the heck does THAT mean?

Looking at Leon County, which is north of us, they have 1,638 total cases right now. What does the age demographic look like for that county?

Quote:
Demographics of Cases

Median Age: 24
Yeah, that tells us a LOT!

Man they are falling all over themselves to not blame the demonstrations, riots, protests, etc. for the increase, aren't they?

Old 07-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #612
WebSlave
Interesting statistic: Approximately 26 percent of ALL COVID-19 cases confirmed in Florida since March 1, 2020 were diagnosed this week.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2020, 01:32 AM   #613
WebSlave
It just keeps getting better and better.....

Quote:
‘Unknown pneumonia’ deadlier than coronavirus sweeping Kazakhstan, Chinese embassy warns

Wendy Wu Published: 10:51pm, 9 Jul, 2020
  • Statement from embassy warns that death rate is ‘much higher’ than coronavirus and says local authorities have yet to identify cause
  • Kazakh authorities have reimposed Covid-19 lockdown in some parts of the country amid a spike in pneumonia cases last month

The Chinese embassy in Kazakhstan has warned of a deadly “unknown pneumonia” after the former Soviet republic reported a spike in pneumonia cases since June.

“The death rate of this disease is much higher than the novel coronavirus. The country’s health departments are conducting comparative research into the pneumonia virus, but have yet to identify the virus,” the embassy said in a warning to Chinese citizens in the country.

While the Chinese embassy described the illness as an “unknown pneumonia”, Kazakhstani officials and media have only said it is pneumonia.

It was not clear why the Chinese embassy had described the illness as “unknown” or what information it had about the pneumonia.

The embassy’s website, citing local media reports, said the provinces of Atyrau and Aktobe and the city of Shymkent have reported significant spikes in pneumonia cases since the middle of June.

Shymkent and the capital city of Atyrau are 1,500km (930 miles) apart, while the distance between the capital cities of Atyrau and Aktobe is 330km (205 miles).

The Chinese embassy said that so far there have been nearly 500 pneumonia cases in the three places, with over 30 people in a critical condition.

The country as a whole saw 1,772 pneumonia deaths in the first part of the year, 628 of which happened in June, including some Chinese nationals, the embassy continued.

“The Chinese embassy in Kazakhstan reminds Chinese nationals here to be aware of the situation and step up prevention to lower the infection risks,” the embassy statement said.

Saule Kisikova, the health care department chief in the capital Nur-Sultan, told the news agency Kazinform: “Some 300 people diagnosed with pneumonia are being hospitalised every day.”

The agency also said there had been 1,700 pneumonia cases nationwide in June – more than two times the number in the same month last year.

Kazakhstan announced a state of emergency on March 16 to tackle the spread of Covid-19. The lockdown was lifted on May 11, but restrictions and quarantine measures have been reimposed in some areas following the surge in pneumonia cases.

Kazakhstan’s President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said in a televised address on Wednesday that the situation was still serious and it was too early to relax restrictions.

He added the country was “in fact facing the second coronavirus wave coupled with a huge uptick in pneumonia cases”, according to the Russian news agency Tass.

The Chinese embassy said on Tuesday that the number of Covid-19 cases in Kazakhstan had reached 49,683, including 264 deaths.

Late last month officials warned about the rise in pneumonia cases. Kisikova said that doctors were finding 600 people a day with pneumonia symptoms, compared with 80 a day before the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, the Singapore-based website CNA reported.

“Every day, 350 to 400 patients are hospitalised in the city with either Covid-19 or pneumonia,” she said.

SOURCE: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...nia-kazakhstan

Old 07-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #614
WebSlave
New cases spiking again in Florida after a small dip. Notice the change in data for the number of deaths compared to the capture I did from yesterday and how the updated data applied to prior days changes the picture quite a bit. The death count is not real time, and as stated on the site, they will update the numbers for even two weeks ago as additional counts come in. So if I am reading that correctly, the death count will be at least a month or more behind the actual count for new confirmed cases. So we are not seeing the resulting deaths from the new spiking of cases yet.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2020, 09:53 PM   #615
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
It just keeps getting better and better.....
It's hard to know whether one has found a pearl of truth or another piece of intentional disinformation.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:23 AM   #616
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It's hard to know whether one has found a pearl of truth or another piece of intentional disinformation.
Yeah, "MADE IN CHINA" sure seems to be rather tricky these days, doesn't it?

Old 07-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #617
Lucille
From the NYT: Florida reported more than 15,000 new coronavirus cases, the highest single-day total for any state -- including New York -- since the pandemic began.

Rich I worry about you every day.

Old 07-12-2020, 05:58 PM   #618
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
From the NYT: Florida reported more than 15,000 new coronavirus cases, the highest single-day total for any state -- including New York -- since the pandemic began.

Rich I worry about you every day.
Yeah, things aren't looking so good here in Florida lately. But don't worry about Connie and I. We haven't really let our guard down, no matter what anyone was saying about "opening up" stuff. We are still doing curbside service at Walmart for light grocery shopping. Fortunately the grand cherokee has a power rear hatch, so we don't have to get out of the vehicle or have any contact with anyone there. Then we go to the post office twice a week after hours. Connie goes into the post office wearing mask and gloves. Actually ordered something online and they threw me a curve ball by sending it USPS when it should have been via UPS. Got a notice today that it has to be picked up at the counter. Connie jotted a note on the card asking them to put it in a lock box or call me. If they can't fit it in the lockbox so we can pick it up after hours, I will just have to refuse delivery and have it shipped back to the seller. The contents are not worth the risk of going into the post office during regular hours.

Connie and I took a drive yesterday just to get out of the house, so we drove up to a farm to see if they still had watermelons for sale. They did, and it was a self service honor system type thing so we wound up buying three of them and putting the money into the drop box. Kind of crazy to drive 150 miles just to get some watermelons, I guess.

Anyway, I'll post the images I captured yesterday of the daily and weekly infections in Florida, then I'll post the latest ones from today in a followup post. What strikes me as interesting is that the graphs appear to be monkeyed with. The scale is changing which makes the graph appear to be less worrisome than it really is. Well to me, anyway. The data is coming from the FL Dept of Health so I'm guessing they may be under some political pressure to make the numbers look less telling than they really are. IMHO, of course.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #619
WebSlave
Charts as of yesterday (07-11-2020).
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #620
WebSlave
Notice how the appearance of the graphs doesn't seem to change much, but pay attention to the numbers on the left showing the scale. That seems to be telling the real story.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!