Beardies and Veggies - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
bruce1420
Question Beardies and Veggies

When should bearded dragons begin to eat vegetables on a regular basis? My dragon is about 3 1/2 months old, and i feed him gutloaded crickets 3 times a day as well as a bowl of greens that i leave in his cage all day. He's in great shape, 14 inches and hefty, but he seems to show little interest in the greens, though he will eat some of them every couple of days.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
DragonCharm
It seems to pick up slowly over time, have patience and he'll come around.

Old 08-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
CheriS
When they are started on them at the breeders, most eat greens really well, but if they did not get started on them in the beggining, it can be hard to get them eating greens regularly until they are several months older. Just keep trying and they will start, I had one that I was throwing out good salads for almost 6 months, now at 4 years she eats more salads with pellets than anything and a boy that is 4 years also that eat no cricekts, a few supers a week but lots of pellets and greens.

The ones that are started on greens slowly taper off on the insects as they get older and increase eating greens.. so just give him som time and he should start to eat them more.

BTW... the fact he eats some greens even is good!

Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Reptileking636
I agree with what Cheri said, i just hatched out some babies about a month ago and kept them on greens from the start and they love them. But all of my adults had to be broken in Now they all like their greens.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
DragonCharm
Mine have greens available from day 1, some still are a little slow to really start chowing hard on them.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
beardiedragon
I offer my babies greens and pellets from day one also. The advantage a breeder has is dragon see, dragon do. It is much easier getting the subsequent babies to eat what the older ones do if they see it.

these are some 4 month old BDs.

and some that are just a few weeks old

Old 09-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #7
DAND
Thumbs up Nice!

Bennett,

Great looking group you have there!

Old 09-17-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
Reptileking636
yeah definately, ill have to get something from you in the not so distant future!

Old 09-17-2005, 03:46 PM   #9
beardiedragon
thanks, they are eating me out of house and home so anyone looking for a BD can pick up a sweet deal. I need to move some of these guys.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
Xelas
isnt that cage bottom bad for beardies? Dont their little toes get stuck in there and get hurt (cut or broken)??? How is that better than sand or that dirt stuff?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!