Leopard Gecko breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Trisha_Anne88
Stop! Leopard Gecko breeding

Hi Guys!

so i got my first Leo back in November last year.. well I fell in LOVE!! I would like to breed her. SO, here is what i am asking. I would like advice, tricks, tips ANYTHING, to help me get started. I am looking for a diagram for an incubator box or one for sale. Like I said, this is all NEW to me. I have been doing LOTS of research, I know how to tell the gender, proper breeding weight, Brumation period... I just need advice on how to PROPERLY go about introducing a male to my female and have successful breeding. THANKS! If you live in Washington state my number is 425-697-0858.
ANY kinds of books, reading material...ANYTHING!! Email or Text me.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Kristi23
Not many breeders brumate leopard geckos. There is a ton of info out there including the herptoculture of leopard geckos. Make sure you know genetics before you even buy a male. If you don't know your female's genetic background, don't breed her.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Trisha_Anne88
I never thought about that. How can i tell the genes? Dominate, Co-Dominate or recessive?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Kristi23
You would need to know what the parents were.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Trisha_Anne88
Well I know what the parents are.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Kristi23
Ok. So the parents genetics would tell you what she is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!