Bad Guy UndergroundReptiles, Deerfield. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Chamaeleonidae
UndergroundReptiles, Deerfield.

I would just like to inform everybody how a conversation turned into something bad with underground reptiles. They claimed to be able to sex their mellers chameleons they have for sale on kingsnake.com, so I sent them an email asking them how this is possible. They did not like that I was challenging them I guess. They basically called me a coward, immature, and stupid, so horrible customer service from them. I have also bought chameleons in the past from them and not been given a refund when they have died. I dont know if this is the kind of stuff I should be posting here but I figured I needed to let people know. If you would like to see the full conversation (and Im allowed to post it) let me know. I really needed to get that information out. Almost every reptile I've bought from them died or had some sort of medical problem as well, I once bought a chameleon from them and brought it back when I had seen it has an abrasion on its leg, one of the employees thought he could "pop" what was on his leg and ended up breaking the chameleons leg, it died the next day.....This was all events that happened in the past, I own many chameleons and am quite successful with them, now and know better than to buy from them. They also threatened to call the cops on me for sending them e-mails and posting on their youtube channel about their business.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Utta
Please post emails, vet bills(if any) and make them aware of this thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
Paul Kent
I think the best way to go about it would be to let it go. Were they acting like asses (if thats what they said), sure but that doesnt warrant a bad guy post.

If all your animals had problems in the past than we should have heard about it then, not now when your mad that they were rude to you. Im not saying your lying, just saying the timing makes it sounds like revenge instead of fact.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
night_adder
I am a close friend of underground reptiles and i saw the emails that was sent. You were actually being rude and verbally assaulting the staff. I also heard about your insulting phone calls and things that went down with your youtube account highjacking. Underground Reptiles is a great place. The animals are always in the best condition and taken care of in an excellent manner. They are always on top of things and happy to help with any concerns. Please disregard this child's comments as they hold no merit. Underground is actually considering getting the police and cyber crime division involved for harassment, slander, and hacking accounts.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
rcarichter
Just my two cents. I purchased a leaf-tail from Underground a few weeks ago. I was very nervous about buying a wc animal, but it's the only way to get started with satanics. They were extremely nice and helpful on the phone, and the animal was a my house, in perfect condition, two days later. It was far more colorful than their ad depicted. I would not hesitate to do business with them again.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
Harpy254
I myself frequent their store and their animals are always healthy and the husbandry is tip top, I also have bought 2 boas from them, both fantastic in every aspect. Just wanted to add my experience.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Kaiyudsai
UNDERGROUND REPTILES.... GOOD GUY!! not bad

I've dealt with them and had a good experience...... I would buy from them again..... They gave me great service.... called me to make sure the boa made it, and that I was happy with it........

It's really not fair to give them a bad guy post...... Just curious.... you said you've bought things from them in the past and had problems..... if it was such a bad experience before then why did you go back to them???? Just doesnt add up....

I think the guys name is Dave... but I may be incorrect..... I do know this... he was fanatical about his boa constrictors and very proud of the bloodlines he has.... he seemed to have a real passion for the reptiles.... and the customer service was perfect

Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
ageber
I have to say, we have purchased 2 tegus from the underground. Their staff was incredibly helpful. We were at a show and as busy as they were, they spent a good hour with us without knowing if we would buy anything. The animals we got were and are still doing great. Its been almost a year. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. Perhaps you got a sick animal but if you have lost several, perhaps it is not the animals but the husbandry that needs to be re-addressed. Just a thought.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
UndergroundReptiles
What Underground Reptiles has to say.

I would just like to inform everyone that the person who has written this post is one of two young men, who are 13 and 14 years old. In fact they have not purchased anything from us. This all got started about 5 days ago when these young men first decided to start writing us about the treatment of some imported meller's chameleon's we have for sale that they saw on a kingsnake ad and youtube video. They immediately started a save the meller's campaign on chameleon forumns. We first explained to them that their assumptions of poor treatment were misguided and inappropriate and went over very specific care of theses animals, including, watering, feeding, cage size, and environmental temps and humidity. They proceeded to continue their rants and questioned are expertise. They began sending us insulting and vulgar comments, as well as posting comments on youtube as well. We finally decided to tolerate no more after repeated emails, phone calls, hacking and spamming our youtube accounts and now this fauna thread. Through some tracking work we finally got a hold of one man's parent and he was sincerely apologetic and desisted from any further behavior. The young man who wrote this has yet to have his parents contact us. So we are being forced to contact forums and other websites as well as take legal actions for these kids behavior. I truly believe that these kids should be taught a lesson and have any their accounts with these reptile forums and youtube suspended and should definitely make some apologies. Negative comments are one thing harassment and hacking is another. Thank you for hereing our side.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
tinmantribe5
1 post slammers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamaeleonidae View Post
I would just like to inform everybody how a conversation turned into something bad with underground reptiles. They claimed to be able to sex their mellers chameleons they have for sale on kingsnake.com, so I sent them an email asking them how this is possible. They did not like that I was challenging them I guess. They basically called me a coward, immature, and stupid, so horrible customer service from them. I have also bought chameleons in the past from them and not been given a refund when they have died. I dont know if this is the kind of stuff I should be posting here but I figured I needed to let people know. If you would like to see the full conversation (and Im allowed to post it) let me know. I really needed to get that information out. Almost every reptile I've bought from them died or had some sort of medical problem as well, I once bought a chameleon from them and brought it back when I had seen it has an abrasion on its leg, one of the employees thought he could "pop" what was on his leg and ended up breaking the chameleons leg, it died the next day.....This was all events that happened in the past, I own many chameleons and am quite successful with them, now and know better than to buy from them. They also threatened to call the cops on me for sending them e-mails and posting on their youtube channel about their business.
This is terrible to come on hear with no prior credetials and slamm someone Grow up Kid! I have bought my first tort from underground reptiles about 4 years ago if its the same and Mister Bo Jangles is a Stud!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!