Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 28 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #271
Elizabethlea27
Did something else happen I'm not aware of? I know she made a "check out" thread on rtb.net... OF COURSE not related to this drama.

Other than that any news?

Old 12-22-2010, 04:43 AM   #272
Elizabethlea27
Ok here ar a coupe questions I've had stewing for a while... where is the missing addendum at the end of the burm's necropsy report? And what are the "granules" reported in the brain? Could they be inclusion bodies? The pathology report stated something in the last addendum available for viewing to the effect that they needed to test further to identify what the granules were - then the next addendum or next page is gone. Well...I want to know if those granules were in fact inclusion bodies, or if they were tested, or what the next addendum on that report said.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 AM   #273
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Ok here ar a coupe questions I've had stewing for a while... where is the missing addendum at the end of the burm's necropsy report? And what are the "granules" reported in the brain? Could they be inclusion bodies? The pathology report stated something in the last addendum available for viewing to the effect that they needed to test further to identify what the granules were - then the next addendum or next page is gone. Well...I want to know if those granules were in fact inclusion bodies, or if they were tested, or what the next addendum on that report said.
Anything at this point could be indicators of IBD in the collection. The missing addendum could show something or it could just not be evident for irrelevance. The thing about the disease is that there is no standard for it to present in any specific pattern in any given animal. There are typical symptoms, but there are completely asymptomatic symptoms. It is very much similar to how HIV acts in humans and FIV acts in felines. Can be dorment forever and strike without warning.

The reason I say this is because, at this point, it does not matter if there is further proof IBD occurred in the collection. There is the one proof. That singular proof is enough to convince any responsible, intelligent, non-greed driven person to lock down their collection and/or euthanize animals as needed or as precaution. When you have a confirmed case of IBD, no animals should come in and none should come out. For how long? In my opinion? Permenantly. You switch from breeder to just hobbyist at that point, or you euthanize the collection, destroy the cages, bowls, hides, heating equipment ... everything and sterlize like you should be living in a bubble. Because no one knows exactly how this disease acts, it's impossible to say you have gotten rid of it or prevented it.

An animal can carry IBD for its entire life and never present symptoms. At that point, you need to assume all of your animals have it. And while I will stress the utmost importance of quarantine, but it is not a fail safe to save you from IBD. If the animal has it asymptomatically, six monts to six years may do nothing to show it to you.

However, in thhis case, it is obvious strict quarantine was not in place so Ashley really has no arguement that it happened to a single animal and the rest were unrelated. It happened while it was in the same room as those animals, therefore, all of the other animals are suspect to IBD, as is Yvonne's collection. But Ashely, as we have seen in typical patterns of people revealed of their true selves on the BOI, is having a hard time just owning up to the fact and admitting to doing responsible actions for her animals. Yes, she stopped selling some of the animals for now, but IBD can very well already be on its way to other collections to animals she has already sold. It could be dorment in those little Bolivians and the people who have them should be made aware to make the decision on if the animals should be allowed to thrive, never leaving quarantine, or euthanized to avoid the risk. I can tell you which one I would choose, but everyone here should know how I feel regarding culling for the betterment of the hobby already; it's an evil necessity.

A lot of this could have been avoiding had she been an adult about it from the get go ... but I guess I can go further by saying this should serve as a lesson to people looking to get into this hobby. Doing it quickly and irresponsibly will always have disasterous affects. Maybe RAS (SP?) is involved with her, I do not know, and I do not know the exact number of animals she has, but her lacking concern for their ultimate well-being will be the unfortunate demise of these animals and it is sad because IBD is a horrible death, even if euthanizia eventually ends the suffering.

I doubt she is going to post here much anymore. RTB.net is doing a good job of protecting her from people questioning her (a mod said if you have nothing nice to say go say it on the BOI on her "farewell" post) and a lot of the members there are still kissing her backside. So, she'll stick where the roses still cover up the smell of what she thinks does not stink. Sadly, hearing "Another one bites the dust" in the back of my head seems to have become the anthem of breeders who are shown to be no better than what backyard breeders or puppy mills are to dogs.

While she will be unable to operate in the "public eye" with breeding and selling the animals, I am sure she will continue to do it and continue to contribute to the disease that the very mention of causes the hair to rise on the back of the necks of most people in this hobby. I know it makes me cringe, and few things of such a nature bothers me, but that is because I know if I am ever unfortunate enough to become familar with this disease, then my animals will either be donated as research subjects for it or euthanized because of it.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #274
sally-dog
Quote:
I doubt she is going to post here much anymore. RTB.net is doing a good job of protecting her from people questioning her (a mod said if you have nothing nice to say go say it on the BOI on her "farewell" post) and a lot of the members there are still kissing her backside. So, she'll stick where the roses still cover up the smell of what she thinks does not stink. Sadly, hearing "Another one bites the dust" in the back of my head seems to have become the anthem of breeders who are shown to be no better than what backyard breeders or puppy mills are to dogs.
This, unfortunately, is the truth. I don't know what could be done about it, honestly, but this is exactly what's happening. What's worse is that she appears on that site for long periods of time- which is more than enough time to post her thoughts her and at least TRY to save face. That's more than enough time for her to lend Elizabeth support for a problem she created. No, she's sending the creator of this thread (Amrcnwmn) PMs telling HER to correct information that she could easily do herself.

I really, really wish the mods at RTB.net would post a warning similar to the one at RTB.com- and LOCK the thread so there will be NO dispute, if they feel it would cause people to fight.

Apparently, she's "leaving". Her reasons are stated in that thread, but I have to think it's a little too coincidental that she is "leaving" after being exposed like this. Not only is she spreading parasites and disease, she's also a DEADBEAT!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #275
reticguy76
excellently worded above. and i agree, if one has a confirmed case of ibd in their collection, it should no longer be a business or breeding hobby. no more snakes bred, no more snakes in or out. ive had cats diagnosed with fiv at 2 years old and go on to live to be 13 or 14 years old, but they are kept as the only pet and they are kept strictly indoors and no pets come to visit. these animals have the potential to live fairly normal lives with these diseases, if they remain dormant in them. if a person has two snakes (and they are not in it to breed) and one dies with ibd type symptoms, whether you get a necropsy done or not, that isnt a reason to put the other one down. just as most people dont put their cats down if one is diagnosed with fiv (assuming they are not breeding those cats). however, i know that if God forbid i had a snake that died and/or starting showing classic symptoms of ibd, because i dabble in breeding, i would euthanize all mine and have all mine tested (of course i am more blessed than the average person, in that i get a pretty significant discount in necropsy charges. lucky for me !!). the point is, as stated, one confirmed case is enough to take drastic and immediate action, either no more breeding and no more animals in or out, or euthanize disinfect the whole area, as well as cages and anything else associated with the snakes, and either wait a significant amount of time before obtaining any new animals or relocate where they will be staying

Old 12-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #276
sally-dog
I encourage all members on RTB.net that have read this thread and do NOT like what she is doing, to NOT post on her threads. If the mods won't post a warning, the only other suggestion I have is to ignore her posts.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #277
ShadowAceD
She is not leaving RTB.net, she is just "not going to be around as much" or something to that effect. It is a temporary thing until the heat dies down over here and is successfully extinguished over there, I assure you.

It has everything to do with this current situation. She can pretend it does not, but that is not really going to make anyone believe it. Some people mistake "Peter Pan" and its belief systems for truth rather than fiction. Maybe we should all start clapping our hands and see if that revives whatever remnaints of her shattered ethics remain decaying inside of her rotting morals.

While I can understand the desire to avoid "drama" on forums, I am absolutely appauled by RTB.net's disregard for the potential devastation that can come from all of this. It is as if it is a daycare center trying to keep the peace between a group of Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts arguing over if Thin Mints or choclate bars are better. It is an injustice to the reptile community as a whole and, to me, shows how spineless and callous people can be when the dog is not soiling their front yard. The mentality of "it is not happening to me, therefore, does not pertain to me" is massively destructive. That may seem a bit dramatic, but it is the facts.

For a group of people to turn their back on this situation when understanding it and trying to prevent it is so essential to our entire community is disgusting. The mods over there have created their own "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy regarding this irresponsible mess and it serves only a singular message: we protect our good ol' boys even if it is at the cost of others not fortunate enough to be in that club. It is just further proof that the fractures inside this community when it comes to situations like this hurts it more than the people that are on the outside looking in with disgust when they have no understanding of who we are and what we do.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #278
reticguy76
this something that should be mentioned on all necessary forums and sites. the fact is, it is much easier (and better) to find out that ashley is "in the clear" so to speak, and apologize, than it is to just keep hush hush about the whole thing, while people that are out there that maybe dealing or in the future dealing with this problem of ibd. this isnt just about a person that is potentially sending out wrong morph animals or wrong sexed animals, this about animals potentially dying and showing symptoms of a disease that is horrifying to watch an animal have. if people havent seen what ibd symptoms can look like, it is really really bad, and can freak people out. ibd is serious and we, as a herp community, need to try and keep it at bay as well as we can, while research is still going on to try and find a true cause, route of acquisition, and treatment/cure.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #279
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
She is not leaving RTB.net, she is just "not going to be around as much" or something to that effect. It is a temporary thing until the heat dies down over here and is successfully extinguished over there, I assure you.

It has everything to do with this current situation. She can pretend it does not, but that is not really going to make anyone believe it. Some people mistake "Peter Pan" and its belief systems for truth rather than fiction. Maybe we should all start clapping our hands and see if that revives whatever remnaints of her shattered ethics remain decaying inside of her rotting morals.

While I can understand the desire to avoid "drama" on forums, I am absolutely appauled by RTB.net's disregard for the potential devastation that can come from all of this. It is as if it is a daycare center trying to keep the peace between a group of Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts arguing over if Thin Mints or choclate bars are better. It is an injustice to the reptile community as a whole and, to me, shows how spineless and callous people can be when the dog is not soiling their front yard. The mentality of "it is not happening to me, therefore, does not pertain to me" is massively destructive. That may seem a bit dramatic, but it is the facts.

For a group of people to turn their back on this situation when understanding it and trying to prevent it is so essential to our entire community is disgusting. The mods over there have created their own "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy regarding this irresponsible mess and it serves only a singular message: we protect our good ol' boys even if it is at the cost of others not fortunate enough to be in that club. It is just further proof that the fractures inside this community when it comes to situations like this hurts it more than the people that are on the outside looking in with disgust when they have no understanding of who we are and what we do.
I just want to add my thoughts on the bolded part in your post.

They are not protecting anyone, imo. They are providing her with a means to keep spreading mites and IBD. They are, in essence, saying to their members...it's SAFE to continue buying from her.

Not exactly "protecting" HER as much as providing a vendue and possibly aiding and abetting in destroying a lot of other people's collections.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #280
sally-dog
I GUARANTEE had this not been posted when it was, half of RTB.net would be infested with mites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd