warning on bakers boas! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
far north boas
Thumbs down warning on bakers boas!

Robert Baker from Bakers Boas sold me a sick snow boa for $1,700, he knew it wasnt eating good before he shipped it to me, he told me his self it wasnt eating good after I called him 2 weeks after I got the boa because it wasnt eating, Well now the boa is DEAD he wont answer my phone calls and emails or refund my money back. I think this is crappy of him to do this and hope his reputation takes a hit for bad buisness, and hope nobody else has to go threw this with Robert Baker!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by far north boas View Post
Robert Baker from Bakers Boas sold me a sick snow boa for $1,700, he knew it wasnt eating good before he shipped it to me, he told me his self it wasnt eating good after I called him 2 weeks after I got the boa because it wasnt eating, Well now the boa is DEAD he wont answer my phone calls and emails or refund my money back. I think this is crappy of him to do this and hope his reputation takes a hit for bad buisness, and hope nobody else has to go threw this with Robert Baker!
There are a few issues with your post.
First, please send proof...copies of emails, photos, ect would be helpful. You cannot come on the BOI and simply state inflammatory comments about someone with no proof.

Secondly, according to BOI rules, you must sign your posts with your full name

Old 02-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
SnakeMan41185
So he told you the snow boa wasent eating good and you still bought it. So why would you buy him then.
Mike

Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
This thread was posted on the wrong BOI so I moved it to the reptile one. At that time I noticed his full name in the name field and it appears to be still there. Unless I'm missing something about the name he is in full compliance with the name rule.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
His name is there - in his profile to the left. There is no requirement that the name has to be in the post if it is already visible in the profile on the left.

FAR NOTH BOAS

Name : Cory Berensmann
Karma Power: 0
far north boas is an unknown quantity at this point
Trader Rating: (0)

Old 02-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
Ed Clark
A pic of the dead boa along with an email of him saying it was a poor feeder will be a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by far north boas View Post

Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
John E Dove
I have taken the liberty of notifying Baker's Boas so we can also hear their side of this issue.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
Wolfy-hound
Also, how long did you have it before it died? How many times did it feed with you? Did he mention it was a poor feeder before you sent money?
Theresa Baker(no relation)

Old 02-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Agreed, that you should be posting proof that this animal is now dead, as well as proof of the transaction.

I have a fairly important question to ask as well. Did you do anything within your power to get this animal eating? If so, what did you do to try to help it? If you didnt...Did you bring it to a vet?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
Robert Baker
Response

I have been notified of the complaint and here is my response.

Here are the facts.

1.) The male snow boa was shipped on Oct 8, 2008. Also, shipped in the package was a female dh sunglow (possible super) that Cory wanted, but has yet to pay for. The value of this boa was $600. I can try to dig emails up on this if need be.

- Here is confirmation email of the shipping.

Re:Baker's Boas ViewWednesday, October 8, 2008

Re:Baker's Boas ViewWednesday, October 8, 2008 8:18:53 PMTo:Cory Berensmann
Cc:

Hello Cory,

Thanks for the address. The box for your new kids is ready to roll. I checked them out tonight and they are all doing well. I am sure you will love them. Now don't get bit this time!

Fed Ex Tracking # is 866727583230. It will not show up until about 6pm CDT tomorrow.

http://fedex.com/Tracking

Robert Baker
www.bakersboas.com

----- Original Message ----
To: Robert Baker
Sent: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 5:31:24 PM
Subject:

FEDEX address is 5901 lockheed ave, Anchorage AK 99502 I will pick them up there. THANKS ROBERT.

FAR NORTH BOAS!

2.) Cory sent me an email over a month later indicating the male was not eating. Here is the confirmation email. I responded for him to ship the boa back. I called and said that I would take care of him. I offered to give back his money and/or give him value towards something else/or give him a 09 snow boa.

- Here is the email confirmation

Baker's Boas ViewThursday, November 13, 2008 5:39:18 AMTo:Cory Berensmann
Cc:Baker's Boas

Cory,

Hello. Please ship him back asap then to:

Robert Baker
FedEx Kinkos - **HOLD**
2015 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
608-444-8155

Thanks,

Robert Baker
www.bakersboas.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Robert Baker
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:29:48 AM
Subject:

hi robert, that snow wont eat, I tried to force 1 down his mouth 3 times and he wont have nothing to do it, so I think its time to get him back to you. call me asp, thank you.
907-244-0321
FAR NORTH BOAS!

3.) Here are my terms and conditions posted on my website where Cory ordered the boa from.

Terms and Conditions:

Prices are subject to change. Please call for current pricing.
Payments are required in advance by PayPal (bakersboas@yahoo.com), cashier's check, or money order made payable to Robert Baker. Personal checks along with business checks are accepted, however the check must clear before the animal is shipped.
No international business! I will not accept payments from 3rd party sources. I will not accept a check over the sale amount.
Buyer must sex the boa the boa with in the 1st 30 days for a full refund if their is an error.
Buyer must contact me within the first 24 hours after they receive the animal for a refund if they are unsatisfied. After 24 hours the boas is yours, and you are fully responsible. I will not provide a (full or partial) refund or give credit after 24 hours.
Buyer pays for shipping charges. Shipping is only done through Delta Dash or Fed Ex.
Seller is responsible for live delivery, however the buyer must be present when the animal arrives.
Deposits are non-refundable.
All sales are final.

4.) The boa was for me. However, I did tell Cory that the snow boa was a picky eater and did require more attention than normal. He still wanted the male snow boa. I disclosed everything I knew about the boa prior to Oct 8, 2008 to Cory.

IN SUMMARY, now 129 days later I have a complaint that a boa I sold died. Buyers please understand breeders have no control of a boas health once it is in your hands.

This is a sad situation because I have been in a hospital for weeks sitting with my brother who was in ICU from a auto accident. I have not had time to respond back to emails and phone calls, due to the person obligations I have going on right now. I also carry a full time job (other than boas), so it is really hard for me to not make phone calls during the day. During the evening I have been sitting next to a hospital bed.

Also, what is sad is out of all my customers Cory was one of my very favorites. I would have went against my policy and would have taken care of him. I guess from here on out I am sticking to my policy no matter what.

Thanks Fauna for letting me respond.

Robert Baker
Baker's Boas
www.bakersboas.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
far north boas