Bad Guy Deans Reptiles - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #171
hhmoore
Some people learn too slowly for their own good...when a moderator says knock it off, knocking it off is the best course of action.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #172
SakaraGT4
Ok... i am going to attempt to post these... Since I don't know how to upload a file here I will just take screen shots of the report and post the pics.....

Old 12-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #173
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmguy420 View Post
Well there it is I did not offer reptilemike any animals. You can assume whatever you want but the facts of the situation show that I did not offer any reptiles in trade. That is the known fact of the situation. You know I have seen many people buy something or trade for something at the reptile shows and put it right out on their tables to be sold. How is that not flipping? Maybe I am cixelsid! but I have done the same thing I have seen others do. Point blank is the situation reptilemike is talking about I did not offer any animals in trade and he stated that himself and here on fauna everyone seems to be about facts not speculations.

Dude, I'm gonna tell you straight. Do not take my words and try to use them as some form of defense for yourself. I believe wholeheartedly you would have traded animals, sick or not, if Mike had gone through with it. I think Mike was right to come here with this info, whether he has "solid proof" or not. I think I even agree with him somewhat about you practically admitting it with your comment in the return email. You certainly admitted to not feeling wrong about trading them, and this was a trade. Just want you to be totally clear, I was not speaking in your defense, but rather for Mike's information.

I figured my last paragraph to YOU, would have spelled that out to any dumb monkey. But you aren't just ANY dumb monkey, are ya.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #174
reticguy76
excellent job posting that lab report about your snake. again, sorry you had to go through that. the only issue i were to have (only because i am in veterinary medicine) would be, that i dont see an actual true diagnosis of ibd. i see, where they found inclusion body cells in the samples submitted, and inclusion cells can be found in any animal, in any sample, for at anytime. now that being said, without a diagnosis of specifically Inclusion Body Disease, being the actual cause of death, it most likely wouldnt stand much ground.
now, me personally, someone that knows veterinary medicine (specifically reptile medicine), given the where the animals came from, the how and when it died, and the fact that some inclusion bodies were found and documented on a lab report, it would be and is obvious to me, that it is, boidae specific IBD. and again, my apologies that you had to deal with all this, and my utmost respect, that you submitted samples to try and weed out what demised your snake

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #175
SakaraGT4
well I would absolutely LOVE if it wasn't IBD, lol... And I appreciate the look over it from you

Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #176
reticguy76
oh dont get me wrong, everything on that lab report, to me as a veterinary professional, says ibd, i would just be concerned, that it wouldnt hold up, the way its worded, if you were to choose to, say go after the person for retribution or whatnot. on lab reports we get on our patients, there is 4 main sections: source (what was submitted), brief history of the patient (that we put on the submission forms), interpretation of results, and finally diagnosis. quick example, we have a coughing dog come in. an internist gets a tracheal fluid sample and we send it off. the lab result would be as such- source: tracheal wash fluid, history: dry hacking cough x 5 days (anitibiotics no help), interpretation: something like - 15-20 valley fever cell spores, per high power field (microscope lingo), consistent with valley fever, diagnosis - valley fever
they also throw in recommendation section sometimes. in this case it would read something like, recommend valley fever serum titer test.
so that example being said, i just didnt see anywhere on that lab report that stated, all out pure diagnosis as Inclusion Body Disease.
inclusion bodies, are basically a general term for cells (either red or white blood cells), that are seen with an unexplained, non-normal something inside the cell

Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #177
SakaraGT4
Yea I hear ya... I hadn't planned on taking any "drastic" measures unless any of my other snakes died of IBD... Hopefully that doesn't happen... It would kill me to lose all my babies

Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #178
reticguy76
i know it would, you obviously love your animals, and take very good care of them, and have their best interest at heart. keep a close eye on them, especially the pythons. ibd seems to hit them the toughest and very quick

Old 12-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #179
SakaraGT4
that's what I have heard... Hopefully everyone is alright though... I can tell you that no one has had any issues, at least not yet... and all the boas and pythons are eating, shedding and pooping wonderfully, lol

Old 12-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #180
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
i just didnt see anywhere on that lab report that stated, all out pure diagnosis as Inclusion Body Disease.
I doubt that you will...at least based on the reports that I have seen (human and animal). "Consistent with" and "suggestive of" seem to be the phrases of choice in interpretation. As an example my lab report showed findings "consistent with" Lyme Disease...but didn't say definitively that I had Lyme Disease.
I wonder if it might be because listing a pure diagnosis creates some sort of liability or malpractice issue if said diagnosis turns out to be incorrect?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!