Sallie Mae - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:25 AM   #1
SPJ
Sallie Mae

Did you know that they will call people you listed as a reference 5 years ago on your loan application?

They supposedly called me but never left a message so I didn't call back.

They called my in-laws and aunts house tonight for me.

WTH!

Old 12-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
99Vengeur
Hey, if you owe them as much money as I do , they will ensure that you are responsible enough to pay back the loans! lol

Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Jim O
Of course they will. One of the purposes of asking for references is so they can find people who will know where you are in the future, in case they can't locate you for some reason. This goes for all creditors, not just Sallie Mae.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
varnyard
Well that goes to show you how much I know, I did not know Sallie Mae had loans. I thought they were all about beauty aids.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Of course they will. One of the purposes of asking for references is so they can find people who will know where you are in the future, in case they can't locate you for some reason. This goes for all creditors, not just Sallie Mae.
Yes but wouldn't it make sense to leave a message on the answering machine if no one picks up so the person you are trying to reach knows to call you back?

They didn't get me so they called the other people who were home at the time.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Yes but wouldn't it make sense to leave a message on the answering machine if no one picks up so the person you are trying to reach knows to call you back?
Yes, of course it would. I wouldn't accuse Sallie Mae of using common sense in this situation.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #7
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
They can't leave messages because if they did, and someone other than the intended person heard it and found out you were applying for a loan, they could be sued for violating privacy laws.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!