Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #261
LizardGuy123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hognose1 View Post
Your a POS liar...I hope Mr. Ty Park sues you for this post...
must be another one of his groupies...

Old 12-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #262
Lucille
I just want to say that I admire Michelle's spunk, she's been through some harrowing times with all this. Good for her, for standing up to these guys and trying to get the advertised raffle prize.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #263
LizardGuy123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Although I do not know either party, I felt that I had to post my opinion.
I have been following Ty on FB for a while, and have been very impressed by what I feel is a genuine concern for the wildlife that he works with,many species are quite threatened in the wild for a number of reasons. Then I notice his "circle of friends" many of them I have known for years as being pioneers in habitat restoration and work with critically endangered specie of turtle and iguana. In particular Rick Hudson from the Fort Worth Zoo and Turtle Survival Alliance. I do not know Mr. Parks, but if he is friends with Rick Hudson, then he is "good people" in my book.
I wish this could have been resolved without it going this far, because frankly, all I see is a bunch of people trying to drag a good man through the mud.
no offense but just because you hang with "good people" doesn't automatically make you one....you ever heard the term "bad apple"?...lol

Old 12-27-2016, 04:39 PM   #264
Mike (The M)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I fail to see how people bringing up the moral/ethical short comings of having a "charity" raffle by offering high dollar animals or the promise of cash prizes and then refusing to deliver those prizes as promised qualifies as a "witch hunt".....seems like bringing dishonest practices to light in several arenas.
My point is simply, if it fell squarely upon Ty to provide the prize, is it necessary to drag them into it? My question was also whether or not this was simply the case of Ty saying, "Hey, I'm raffling off some stuff, and choosing a cause" or if it was in an official capacity. If it was not in an official capacity, then they would have nothing to do with it, and then yes, it would be a witch hunt. As has been confirmed by more than one person, it is in an official capacity.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #265
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
If it was not in an official capacity
If not in an approved non profit capacity, it would likely be seen as a lottery in either Florida or Arizona.
He would want to avoid running a lottery.

Old 12-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #266
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
So, I'm off to investigate California non profit raffle law.

That is interesting. The non-profit is out of California so California law would apply. They simply have their mailing address out of Tucson. Also, their status is suspended. Under Arizona law they would not be able to conduct a raffle in this state. That said, you will have to check with the laws of California concerning raffles since that is their jurisdiction for this particular non-profit unless they have filed in Arizona as well. You’re a better researcher than you give yourself credit for.

Thank you,
Aiden Fleming
Government & Tribal Relations Manager
Arizona Department of Gaming
1110 W Washington Street, Suite 450
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Office: 602.255.3879
It seems quite possible that this corporation may have filed in AZ as well just as Mr. Fleming suggests above since it appears that the top officers moved from CA to AZ a few years ago.

If not, and they are "suspended" in CA, what exactly does that term mean? Can they still hold raffles legally at all, no matter where they are held? The drawing for this one was in AZ as we have seen, so what are the consequences of those two things combined (suspended corporation holding raffle drawing outside of the state of incorporation)?

Old 12-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #267
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I just want to say that I admire Michelle's spunk, she's been through some harrowing times with all this. Good for her, for standing up to these guys and trying to get the advertised raffle prize.
My sentiments exactly!

Stay the course Michelle!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 12-27-2016, 07:10 PM   #268
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Although I do not know either party, I felt that I had to post my opinion.
I have been following Ty on FB for a while, and have been very impressed by what I feel is a genuine concern for the wildlife that he works with,many species are quite threatened in the wild for a number of reasons. Then I notice his "circle of friends" many of them I have known for years as being pioneers in habitat restoration and work with critically endangered specie of turtle and iguana. In particular Rick Hudson from the Fort Worth Zoo and Turtle Survival Alliance. I do not know Mr. Parks, but if he is friends with Rick Hudson, then he is "good people" in my book.
I wish this could have been resolved without it going this far, because frankly, all I see is a bunch of people trying to drag a good man through the mud.
If that's all you see then you're either not paying attention or you're biased. This isn't about who Ty is, who he knows, how much money he has or what good he does. In this situation he is not following through with his obligation. It's pretty simple really.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #269
Prahanien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Douglass View Post
If that's all you see then you're either not paying attention or you're biased. This isn't about who Ty is, who he knows, how much money he has or what good he does. In this situation he is not following through with his obligation. It's pretty simple really.
Bingo.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #270
DavidBeard
You can't complain about being drug through mud when you poured the water, made the mud yourself and then burned any alternative routes around or over the mud with your own actions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu