Ed Clark,don't buy frogs from him! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
What if the frog Ed sent isn't the one that got the necropsy? The vet said "There are areas of the skin with ulcerations and erosions" and I just don't see that from the pix.

Very strange.

Good point!

Looking back and forth though the pics it's very hard to determine even if the two pics are of the same frog.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
lanceheads
One thing I noticed in the pictures of the exhibit.
Looks like he used paper towels for the substrate and it looked throughly soaked.
IMHO, I think that is over saturated with water which could lead to a bacterial buildup.

I have kept Litoria for about 20 years, and I never have kept them that moist. I spray them twice weekly. When you keep any frog that damp, it could lead to trouble, as they urinate/deficate on the substrate and it looks like it's housed in an Extoterra cage, which only has top-venilation. The air exchange is horrible for amphibians IMHO in those type of cages.
Thats my 2 cents.
Randal

Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #23
Ed Clark
You have no new messages · fChat

Inbox Sentbox Outbox Savebox

Fat Frogs Forums Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: ed clark
Posted: 2 Aug 13, 2008 1:34 pm
Subject: QUESTIONS!
So, I totally LOVE him!

1. Can they fall? I walked out of my room for a while and when I came back he was on the fake rockpile thing, I'm scared he's gonna hurt himself.
2. When do I need to dust his crickets again, may I give him nightcrawler pieces? When he went to the bottom of the tank I thought maybe he was looking for food so I cut a piece of one and put it in, he turned the other way. He is so chunky already I just love it!
3. How were you feeding him? Should I just put some crickets in the bottom? I used to pull the hopper legs off of them for my other frogs when they were babies, or should I let them keep their legs so they can hop up to wherever he is?
4. How many should I feed him? Say, put 5 in at night for like 30 minutes and wait and watch?
Sorry to hit you with a bunch, this is all I can think of for now...
Let me know what you think about his new house too okay? Thank you Ed!

All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to: Select a forum Frogs and Toads----------------Pac-man/Horned FrogsPyxie/African BullfrogsBudgett's FrogsToadsOther Amphibians General--

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #24
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
One thing I noticed in the pictures of the exhibit.
Looks like he used paper towels for the substrate and it looked throughly soaked.
IMHO, I think that is over saturated with water which could lead to a bacterial buildup.
True, however I think it would take longer then one day. In the first post it says Kelly had it one day, my question is can these ulcerations and erosions happen in one day? The pics of the frog when it was alive did not show them.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #25
Ed Clark
Frogs are delicate creatures that need a knowledgable keeper to sustain their fragile life.

Everyone does not do well with frogs and alot of them are lost, its sad but it happens.

I was sorry to hear Kelly lost that frog but it was no fault of mine.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #26
lanceheads
True Bobby.
Methinks this person hasn't had a lot of experience with amphibians though.
i.e. witness Ed's post #23.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #27
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
True, however I think it would take longer then one day. In the first post it says Kelly had it one day, my question is can these ulcerations and erosions happen in one day? The pics of the frog when it was alive did not show them.
Usually, the ulcerations will be on the ventral side of an amphibian.

Randal

Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #28
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
True Bobby.
Methinks this person hasn't had a lot of experience with amphibians though.
i.e. witness Ed's post #23.
I have no doubt at all that they are fragile, and judging by her questions in Ed's post you speak of, she has not got a clue to the proper care of these delicate animals.

As it looks right now, I do not see Ed is to blame on this one. It would be very hard to guarantee an animal like this in the hands of someone that has no clue to the proper care. I will also add, many people that sell amphibians have no guarantee at all. This would be a case that could explain why; Kelly needs to do her homework before getting another animal that she knows nothing about. JMHO.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #29
lanceheads
Ok, last post from me on this subject.

"Comment- The cause of death in this frog is due to bacterial septicemia. This is most likely the cause of the clinical signs. It is difficult to determine where the portal of entry might be for the bacteria, I suspect it is through lesions in the skin. There are areas of the skin with ulcerations and erosions and large numbers of bacteria present as well as large numbers of the bacteria being present within lymphatics in the dermis. No other specific disease agent is recognized."

The Vet that posted that posted his/her findings, is not wrong. However, amphibian diagnostics is still in the early stages of vets. Not much known about it. Amphibians DO asborb moisture, water, bacteria, etc through their skin, no surprise there, hence why the vet couldn't determine a port on entry. I suspect the keeper kept it too moist, didn't have proper air exchange, plus it was probably stressed due to shipping and put into a cage upon arrival, with rocks, cage furniture etc. and didn't have time to aclimate to it's new surroundings.

Randal

Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #30
Serafim
The frog in the photos posted on fatfrogs looks pretty healthy to me. I do not see any abrasions or ulcers on the skin. If there was no guarantee on the sex and it arrived safely I think Ed lived up to his end of the transaction.

I kinda have a sick feeling in my stomach for siding with Ed on this one but the evidence supplied looks like he did his job. On another note I have purchased amphibians and had them shipped few people even offer live arrival guarantees..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark