Inquiry on bearded pets? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #71
INSANE CANES
That is what I thought, but I have never produced so I couldn't say for sure.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #72
screamdreams
What does NFL stand for???

Not for long. Hopefully that's the case with these chumps staying in the biz. BT's...with eggs in a year. Puppy dog tame alligators pictured with a dog. I'm almost embarrased for them.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:36 AM   #73
herpcondo
THE SAD THING,,,

I guess to me the sad thing is,, These people are putting such blatant lies in their ads ,,, It really shows they don't know one thing about reptiles,,, Everything captive born,, and the BT laying eggs just takes the cake,,,
So i wonder how well there husbandry is..?
Also if i were producing some of the animals they say they are i would proudly post pics of the parents the eggs,, and the babies,,, But they have resorted to taking pictures from others to use as there own,,, Yep sure seem to be something very fishy here,, like a sardine factory fishy,,, Just a shame uninformed "buyers" are being taken by such blatant scam artists,,, this is truly a "buyer beware" seller,,,,

Old 03-25-2004, 03:41 PM   #74
jbouton
i like this add(lol)

Im a python person, and do not know everything about boas but look at this add. Sould a 6' breeding pair of boa's just be eating mice.

Hi , They are great they are eating great on frozen and live mice , They come with a individual personality sheet . They are both 6 feet long ! They are mating but no babies yet ! They also come with 100% Health Guarantee ! They are going to a great home for $350 for the pair ! Thanks A lot
Jason Bouton
Naja-Kaa Exotic Pets and Supplies

Old 03-25-2004, 05:40 PM   #75
M n R-Reptile
They were posting madagascan big head turtles from a pic I TOOK for Mario at Zoological Imports. I helped Mario sell these turtles to a good friend of mine. I figured he might have been sent the pic by Mario as a pic of animals they wanted to buy but they ended up brokering them>? Or trying to, well to make stories short, they kept reposting for WEEKS after I had my friend buy them.
They also stated the turtles ate goldfish of all sizes when those turtles wont fed on anything but pellets.
They just make up info to spice up ads. Not good practice if you ask me.
If i brokered an animal I would minimally offer right information , and only ad things If i saw something personally, etc.
But to make up stuff to spice something up isnt right if you ask me.
Mike

Old 03-25-2004, 05:42 PM   #76
M n R-Reptile
Forgot, They kept posting the ads after i emailed them and told them that they were long gone. They also had emailed me that they didnt know what I was talking about...pretty funny stuff as I took the pic/....lol
Mike

Old 03-26-2004, 02:32 PM   #77
Commander Max
It gets Worse...

I came across this ad posted on the KS Classifieds:

It seems they want Hots now.

The Text of the Ad:

MALAYSIAN KING COBRAS WANTED!
WILL SHIP ANYWHERE IN CONTINENTAL USA!!!
Posted by Bearded Pets (Contact Me!) on March 24, 2004 at 19:50:21
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2004-01-05

Hi, we are intrested in any malaysian or indonesian King cobra you might have. We prefer a dark brown one if possible. Please email me with pics of what you have at: beardedpets@yahoo.com ........thanks

What if these scammers start selling venomous to the unsuspecting public? I shudder at the thought.

Cheers,

Old 03-26-2004, 03:02 PM   #78
odatria
I contacted them last month about some het....

for albino ball pythons. When I asked for linneage I was told that they did not know the linneage because they buy from wholesalers from Mexico to Canada. I told them that I thought it was rather odd that they did not know the linneage and they responded by telling me "if you want linneage go to Macy's, we are like Walmart. Good prices. Good quality. No Name Brands!" I was like, yeah right! I have the email saved somewhere but am unable to locate it right now. These guys are SHADY!

Old 03-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #79
meretseger
They had an ad up for Gaboon vipers, so they ARE selling venomous. They said they'd "only ship through Delta (so don't ask)" but... STILL.

Erin Benner

Old 03-28-2004, 03:30 PM   #80
dzoo
They have monkeys and other mammals for sale also if anyone is interested.......
http://market.exotichobbyist.com/det...cat=18&de=2137

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!