Inquiry on bearded pets? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2004, 04:44 PM   #81
M n R-Reptile
From what I am seeing, they seem to advertise animals with no pics as they cant since they dont own them. If they have pics its because they called in to someone and asked as a buyer to see pics and use those pics in the ads. From many animals I have seen posted by them it seems they get pics from alot of different Florida dealers. If the dealer doesnt send them a pic, they steal it off a website. I remember seeing that Black Spider Monkey on a list, it was only 6,000.00 and anyoen who is anyone that buys monkeys usually doesnt impulse buy and KNOWS the market rate on these guys.
I think they are trying to make a name for themselves by brokering others animals but not knowing info ont eh animals thus the false information int eh ads, etc. If bearded pets is reading this then I suggest you guys fork over the money and buy some stuff that you can actually sell as your own and know what the animal feeds on, etc....instead of blatantly making lies.
It would work out ALOT better for you.
I would be surprised if anyone purchases from them after all these threads!

Old 03-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #82
dinopolis
100% 50%ers...if that

I saw an ad from them a while back for 100% het for piebald BP's where they claimed the father was a het and the mother was a normal?! I wrote them a few times on their mistake but got no response and saw the ad renewed again and again. This may have been brought up here already (I got through the first 6 pages of this thread, but my modem is a bit slow). btw-the hets were priced at like $1000 each I think...not sure where they came up with that number..lol
-dinopolis

Old 03-30-2004, 03:11 PM   #83
masterofpythons
I inquired to them about an animal they had up for sale on KS recently. I asked for pics, and got no response.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:58 PM   #84
Commander Max
Observations

I had a legnthy conversation with Elena at Bearded Pets a week ago. When it had come to my attention these folks were in the process of aquiring venomous animals to sell, I sent a terse e-mail message requesting they give details and I left my number.

Elena called a few hours later. Based on the conversation with her all I can say is that I am thinking that they are not intentionally attempting to commit Fraud, as much as these folks, based on Elena's statements, appear to be without a clue with regard to selling animals. Elena claims that her family has been in the retail pet trade in Florida for quite a while and all her experience with buying and selling reptiles and exotics comes from that.
Bearded Pets are animal brokers, and as such they advertise animals clearly not in their possession at the time they place an ad. I explained that using other peoples photos, or making any claim that everything they sell is Captive Bred is not acceptable and unethical. She claims that she intends to change this policy.

Time will tell if these people change their ways, their advertising is horrible, their representations and claims clearly questionable and it would not surprise me in the least that they do not survive long in this business.

Thanks for listening,

Old 03-31-2004, 03:00 PM   #85
JungleShadows
I live in FL. what is her family buisness name? I have never heard of her until bearded pet's, other then the various other names that have been used along with Elena's.

Old 03-31-2004, 03:08 PM   #86
screamdreams
too late, in my book

It's far too late to change things in my book.

Since the faimly
Quote:
has been in the retail pet trade in Florida for quite a while
I personally feel that's more than enough time to learn wrong from right. They've lied about origin, they've mis-represented, they've stolen pics, etc. and the way they word their ads is the absolute worst!! That's right Neil, I said it...lol...Beardedpets ads are by far much worse they've got family spread out all over america running one business, but don't own most of what they sell??? Are they a registered business and are they properly liscensed to sell reptiles in the state of Florida???

BP - please respond.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:06 PM   #87
odatria
Re: Observations

Quote:
Originally posted by Commander Max

Elena called a few hours later. Based on the conversation with her all I can say is that I am thinking that they are not intentionally attempting to commit Fraud...
Christian, I appreciate you contacting them and trying to sort things out. However, your post is confusing to say the least. You dont believe they are intentionaly attempting to commit fraud. You are correct, they are not "attempting" they are commiting!

In fact, from what I see in your post, they have a "POLICY" to commit fraud.

Quote:
I explained that using other peoples photos, or making any claim that everything they sell is Captive Bred is not acceptable and unethical. She claims that she intends to change this policy.
Not only is it "not acceptable and unethical," IT IS FRAUD! Plain and simple. In fact, I would chalenge anyone to define their "policy" as anything but blatant fraud.

Hopefully your conversation will inspire these people to change their ways. But dont let them fool you Christian, the ARE INTENTIONALY COMMITING FRAUD.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:07 PM   #88
jon1048
MY LAST POST!

First of all this is the only response I will make , I don’t want to get involved with a back and forth war of words. The only thing that we did wrong was use a few pictures to portray animals that we had for sale, we did make it clear that they were not ours and that our camera was broken. We did not use the pictures intentionally to commit fraud as stated by your replies. It was a honest mistake and one I notice many people make. The items that have been advertised were offered to us for sale, and were advertised with the information that we received. We do have many animals in stock and we also breed bearded dragons and Uromastyx . We are currently working on our own breeding stock of varied snakes.
I understand that all of you out there are professors and have dictionary minds, but sorry we do have horrible spelling. All of you just jumped on this like you were a bunch a pirana’s when we did absolutely nothing wrong. The only person who was an actual customer
who commented on this forum was concerned because of the negative and false statements made
by all of you, when we were contacted by him he was offered a refund if he returned the snakes
but he did not wish to. We have had threats against our property, threats against our lives all because of the statements that have been made. All of you have made false accusation that have no merit as we did not do anything . I know you will tear this statement apart and make comments and use it to you own agendas.(including this sentence) I did say to Christian that we would never use someone else’s pictures again. And we do and will verify our suppliers source more carefully, we did not sell any animals under false pretense. I want to repeat that all of the
responders have not been customers if you notice all of you complain or have given negative feedback or comments on many sellers on KS, it is only natural to assume that you are competition or just a gossiping group of people that have nothing else better to do. I know you are going to use this statement to. I want to respond about the statement about our ads focusing on personality, shame on all of you for not thinking a snake or a tortoise does not have a personality are you the same type that does not think a snake can feel pain? We do not see the animals we sell as “specimen”, a specimen is something you give when you go to the doctor. All animals have different personalities including yours but you people would not know that because you put your animals in bins and shut them out. I cringe when I see animals in small enclosures obviously not given the care, love and respect they deserve. It makes me furious when you make comments against us without merit and you have no idea how we take care of animals and save animals from demise. Our tortoises do have personality and yes we even name the ones we have in stock. I don’t owe any of you an explanation, nor do I feel I should be compelled to answer your false and inaccurate comments and questions. To the person who said they were asking many questions and we just stopped answering ,you did not put us out on the carpet we just realized that you were messing around with us, and you were not a serious buyer just emailing to waist our time. I can go on and on but you see I have a life and animals to feed so I don’t have time to waste on petty garbage like this. So go ahead guys get your coffee and your crumpets read this post and start typing away. I hope I didn’t offend all you good spellers!

Old 03-31-2004, 06:53 PM   #89
odatria
I could type for an hour in response to your post.

But for now I will make a brief statement. You did not make a mistake in using the pictures that did not belong to you. The minute you posted them in your ad you broke the law. You used someone elses property for your financial gain. That is not a mistake, it is fraud. You may try to make us believe that you didnt know it was wrong, but were not buying it.

A mistake is defined as : An error or fault resulting from defective judgment, deficient knowledge, or carelessness.

The only thing defective about you guys is your character. Your deficiency is definitely your understanding of the law.

Since your "mistake" was a violation of law, your excuse is invalid as ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse.

Fraud, on the other hand is defined as: A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.

So, you can dance around the definitions all you want. You guys are scammers...PERIOD!

As for your comments about us being competitors, that is also false. See, I dont sell animals that I do not own. I do not sell animals as captive bred even though they are wid caught. I do not sell hets that I cannot provide the linneage for. I do not steal pictures that do not belong to me, in order to make a profit.

Funny how different we are isnt it? Yeah, Id say we are definitely NOT competitors. Your competitors are people like Dave Lawson and Bruce.

I will disect the rest of your gibberish later.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #90
dumje
"To the person who said they were asking many questions and we just stopped answering ,you did not put us out on the carpet we just realized that you were messing around with us, and you were not a serious buyer just emailing to waist our time. "

How could you not take me serious. I was just asking about lineage...where they came from. I am sorry I wanted to know where the 2 hets that I was planning on owning came from. I was fully willing to do the trade that you offered to me. I just wanted to know where they came from.

Or maybe you just stop replying to me because I had put an inquiry here on you. you tell me?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!