Bad Guy SCAMMER - Roman /Arturo Strong /Arturo Bautista / Daniel Strong - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
Cross Exotics
SCAMMER - Roman /Arturo Strong /Arturo Bautista / Daniel Strong

On May 22, 2014 I saw this post for a female trick, http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=trick which was posted by the user "Roman". I made contact via pm's while offering my phone number for easy communication. No calls were made at this point, but an agreement was made by myself and "Roman" for the $400.00 for the female Trick. Payment was sent to "Arturo Strong" via PayPal ( saherper210@gmail.com ), and the Trick female was shipped via FedEx overnight. Once I received the package I was alarmed. The FedEx staff member wanted to retain the package due to no label indicating a reptile was preset, no insulation for the box and the snake was just shoved in the box with newspaper and the name was "Arturo Bautista". I pulled her out and she was alive. Moments later after getting home I discovered she had mites. I contacted "Roman" via pm and advised him on her condition and to ensure to package others properly. Days later I received a series of Fauna pm's from "Roman" stating he is has not received his money, and PayPal is requesting that he send it back to me and send it to his other account. Pops up in my mind now and I'm leary of a scammer. I made contact with "Roman" and he states he couldn't get his money due to it not being linked to his cooperate account, and there would also be a 21 day delay for the account to be verified for the funds to clear. He then suggested I send the money to his "boss's" account due to this issue. I agree, but request an invoice for the this to show a trail in the change of PayPal accounts and names being used for this transaction. I contacted PayPal and advised them of the changes being made, and the situation due to "Roman / Arturo Bautista / Arturo Strong" refunding the money and asking to send it to another PayPal account ( bcmarrow@gmail.com ). PayPal stated that as long as the invoice reflects the history or the item purchased I am covered and there is a paper trail to go by. Notes were also taken by the PayPal representative for reference. I made contact with "bcmarrow@gmail.com" by the listed number provided for that account. an individual named "Benjamin" answered the phone, and we spoke regarding the transaction and invoice he sent for "1-unit" instead of a description of the Trick female. Benjamin continued to state he was concerned using his account for this transaction since he has nothing to do with the purchase. However, since "Arturo Strong" was his landlord, he proceeded to use his PayPal account. I requested another invoice indicating the purchase was for a Trick female ball python from "Arturo Strong / Arturo Bautista". I began getting spammed Fauna pm's from Roman stating he felt scammed due to not receiving his money yet. I explained to him that due to his refund, there was a delay in the transfer of funds between banks and PayPal. The invoice was sent and I remitted payment again on 04-28-14 for $400.00 as agreed once the monies cleared the bank transfer process (delayed due to my unwanted refund to me). The money cleared my PayPal indicating a full payment to "bcmarrow@gmail.com" was made as requested on 04-29-14. I received a Fauna pm acknowledging he received the PayPal funds, and he would let me know if there were any issues with withdrawing them. I sent him a Fauna pm informing him that he was to not refund or requesting any money and to refrain from further communication with me due to his actions and comments via pm's and handling of the PayPal accounts. Nothing happened for days until I received a letter in the mail from the Better Business Bureau indicating a claim was filed against me by "Arturo Roman Strong" stating he had not received his money for the Trick female and is requesting a refund as settlement. So throughout this process, Daniel Strong / Arturo Strong / Arturo Bautista / Roman / Benjamin Marrow attempted to have me send money via certified postal money order. I want everyone to be aware of this guy and his various names and accounts being used to scam people. He tries to pressure and lie his way to have money refunded and sent to other accounts so that he can claim to not have received them. Fauna pm's, PayPal screen shots and other evidence is available and I may post it as well for further clarification.

PS Sorry for the long read, but it's very important to look out for one another against people like this "Roman"

Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
Cross Exotics
Reference this as well.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=261525

Old 06-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
j_dunlavy
Did he happen to claim to get the trick from Dan Wolfe?

I saw this ad from a Roman Garcia: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=trick

The second photo in the ad is one of Dan Wolfe's photos (red flag)
I e-mailed Dan to let him know but got no reply.

Screenshots of the ad are below:
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
hhmoore
"Arturo Strong" has operated under a number of aliases (I'm not sure which, if any, is his real name; but I think Daniel Strong was the first he used).
Please post the contact information you have for him, as there is at least one other account that I suspect him of using.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
hhmoore
In many of "Roman's" ads, it was stated that the trick was from Dan Wolfe.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #6
hhmoore
The ad you posted indicates it was from Dan.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The ad you posted indicates it was from Dan.
I wanted to be sure we were talking about the same "Roman" ad.

I had notified Dan when the ad was posted as I was unsure if Dan's photo was used with or without permission.
Dan's photos are fairly consistent so I thought a stolen photo could indicate a possible scam; I just had no proof or evidence (such as a reply from Dan indicating a stolen photo) so I could not post in the BOI at that time.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Cross Exotics
He did indicate the Trick was from Dan Wolfe. The receipt indicating the Trick was from Dan also had a Facebook comments section indicating Daniel Strong won the auction.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Cross Exotics
I'll get the photos and such later and post them as well as all contact info he used.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #10
joepythons
more info

He ripped off a friend of mine and shipped her snake thru the post office. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Daniel+Strong

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!