Good Guy Billy Gangemi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
erobertg
Thumbs up Billy Gangemi

My wife and I both joined this board a long time ago because we're turtle lovers. Lately it's been difficult to be in the hobby because my wife has a debilitating disease that requires constant treatments and constant medical intervention. On top of that I'm charged with caring for my grandmother who has Alzheimer's disease and other relatives that need constant check-ups. It's something I do not mind doing but also something that requires money. Money is always in short supply when you're dealing with illness. So, whenever I do take the plunge and buy on here, it's a big deal for me. I am also careful because I have quite a few turtle members of my family and don't want to do anything to endanger them.

Long story short, I bought from Billy Gangemi and purchased a pair of Florida box turtles. The turtles were stressed from the shipping (as most turtles will be) and both ended up eventually getting sick and receiving antibiotics treatment . My instinct initially was to get worried about how quickly they got sick and blame Billy. It's no fault of Billy and it certainly can just happen when you're transporting turtles and all turtles will have unique microbiomes to deal with. It did result in a lot of treatment (cost) with the vet and Billy was kind enough to give me a fair partial refund. Because of that and his guidance, I was able to make some quick improvement on their health. I know not all sellers are willing to do that and for that I am very grateful to have worked with him.

I'm making this post to let others know that he's a stand up person to do business with. And I also want to do this as a way to apologize for how stressed I got and how much that probably showed in my exchanges with him. Life isn't easy when illness and stress surrounds you constantly. It's made worse when you see your turtle get ill. Billy, thank you for working with me and giving me a chance to get such great turtles. Keep up the good work.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
erobertg
EDIT: I want to add another detail to the story. The turtles were a male/female pair and the female was said to have laid eggs recently and soon to be laying again. I mistakenly believed that the female wasn't close to laying yet. I was surprised to find two eggs in the water dish soon after getting her. Billy gave advice about that as well. So if he says they are going to lay, you should really prepare for the eggs to arrive soon. He definitely tells the truth about that.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #3
marke1
when things go good and everybody is satisfied , that's pretty easy ....... when things don't go good and everybody is satisfied , that especially speaks well of the seller ......

Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
erobertg
Exactly. And things can easily go south with reptiles, very fast. Both seller and buyer have to find ways to keep cool heads and keeps things going a good direction. It's my belief that most of us have good intentions, even if there are a few bad apples out there. So I'm glad that people like Billy are willing to work with buyers to find a good solution for problems that come up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!