Introducing myself - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
ShadowKorin
Introducing myself

Hello! The name is Sarah and I hail from Pangea Reptile Forums where I spend most of my time, but I'm branching out to other forums (oh dear, as if I need to spend even more time thinking about my reptiles!!). I've been keeping Rhacodactylus species (ciliatus and auriculatus) for over two years now and loving every second of it. Currently I have 15 geckos and some eggs incubating and an adult speckled kingsnake. I also have a Labrador Retriever who answers to Leeloo but is also known as "the Shredder" and "The Devourer of Small Objects Left In the Yard".

I am about to start work on a Masters degree in Biology at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX (not actually moving down there until August, I'm in Arkansas right now). Going to be specializing in vertebrate physiology but I really hope to pursue some work in regeneration for my future work. Apart from my reptile addiction, which includes field herping and the care of my geckos, I love to horseback ride as well and birdwatch. Birdwatching while horseback riding is also fun. I like to draw and am a very amateur photographer with my work posted at www.shadowkorin.deviantart.com and www.shadowkorin-photos.deviantart.com.

Ok, I can't think of anything else to say, so here are some pics of a few of my favorite geckos and The Devourer (who just chewed up the neighbor's cushion from their porch swing...)

Sulu:

Mekare:

Armand:

and in a very misleading calm moment: Leeloo:

this is much more typical Leeloo behavior:

Old 07-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Boanerges
Welcome

Old 07-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Greetings Sarah, and welcome to Fauna!!!!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
DAND
Welcome to Fauna Sarah

Nice pics

Old 07-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Welcome to Fauna!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
Tiger Lilly
Welcome, Sarah...adorable critters!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Refused Autopsy
Oh, Sarah, I am in tears laughing at Leeloo shots......I have one just as active!!!! Also, Sulu is such a flirt!!!!

I know you from Pangea, and look forward to your pics all the time....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!