Bad Guy Jeff Porto of Shedskin Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #41
senusenu
As far as the carpet python escaing- snakes are Houdinis like that. I wouldn't say that is any sort of proof of someone's failing (unless it happens a lot and they just don't care, I suppose). I've had two corn snake escapes- one from a tank with a mesh lid held on with cage clips. The other was a hatchling that got out through a quarter inch vent hole. The first I got back after 6 weeks, and the second actually slithered into bed with me, so I got her back in less than an hour. With snakes, these things can happen no matter how careful we think we are being, and I don't believe it indicts anyone as a bad person.

If the snake was visibly escaping and he blew it off, that is pretty suspect and irresponsible.

Also, i agree with the guys above. I have a mental illness, and it is not an excuse for refusing to answer questions after posting what amounts to spurious claims. You can't libel someone, declare you don't want to notify them of it, and then hide behind mental illness when called to task for it. Bad form, and only makes it more difficult for the rest of us

There's a lot of claims in that first post, and nothing to confirm any of it. You're going to have a rough time here if all you do is toss some accusations around and then flee when asked if you have proof. People aren't being mean for wanting verification. You could be damaging someone's reputation and business on nothing more than hearsay.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #42
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by senusenu View Post
As far as the carpet python escaing- snakes are Houdinis like that. I wouldn't say that is any sort of proof of someone's failing (unless it happens a lot and they just don't care, I suppose). I've had two corn snake escapes- one from a tank with a mesh lid held on with cage clips. The other was a hatchling that got out through a quarter inch vent hole. The first I got back after 6 weeks, and the second actually slithered into bed with me, so I got her back in less than an hour. With snakes, these things can happen no matter how careful we think we are being, and I don't believe it indicts anyone as a bad person.

If the snake was visibly escaping and he blew it off, that is pretty suspect and irresponsible.

Also, i agree with the guys above. I have a mental illness, and it is not an excuse for refusing to answer questions after posting what amounts to spurious claims. You can't libel someone, declare you don't want to notify them of it, and then hide behind mental illness when called to task for it. Bad form, and only makes it more difficult for the rest of us

There's a lot of claims in that first post, and nothing to confirm any of it. You're going to have a rough time here if all you do is toss some accusations around and then flee when asked if you have proof. People aren't being mean for wanting verification. You could be damaging someone's reputation and business on nothing more than hearsay.
Nicely put Jessica. Define mental illness in your world. Judging from your post, maybe you're normal and it is the rest of us who are suffering.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #43
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoGeckos View Post
I am having serious mental health problems right now, since posting on the avangel reptiles thread, and after not sleeping for going on 4 days now, I can not be bothered with what people think of me, or deal with negative comments from rude people. I will post pictures when I can go on this website without hyperventilating.

If you see these animals and still think I'm lying then I'll talk with you personally, but I have gotten extremely rude messages from anonymous people in the form of karma points, and I'm really just not happy with how victims are being treated here with harassment from anonymous people. I have PTSD, largely from an abusive relationship, but at the same time I had to deal with all kinds of bullies on social media, so I am extremely sensitive to rude comments on the Internet. I posted here with faith in the community and trust for the members of this website, so I would appreciate it greatly if you could all hold off on your negativity until I post the pictures- and for my own health I will be ignoring the replies to this thread until I can gather the pictures and post them when I feel I am able.
And on the day the term "Drama Queen" was redefined...we all stood in awe!

Darien if you plan on sitting at the grownup's table you need to develop a bit thicker skin. No one has been mean to you...they just doubt your stories and motivation and veracity. Breathe into a paper bag and post some proof or deal with the lack of credibility. Pretty simple

Old 08-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #44
d3adinthewater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
And on the day the term "Drama Queen" was redefined...we all stood in awe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
Wow! Mental health problems, no sleep for four days, hyperventilating, PTSD...? And you "despise drama"? Do you have a cat that despises catnip?
While I don't agree with what Darien has been posting and believe they should have supplied evidence as opposed to accusations with nothing to support, please don't make fun of mental health problems. Whether or not Darien actually has them hasn't been proven and hiding behind them isn't an acceptable way to deal with situations like this, but you joking about them does not make you a better person.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #45
Suncoast Herpetological
Chelsey,

I agree with everything you say. However, Darien's posting history leads me to believe that I am on pretty firm ground with the "Drama Queen" moniker

Old 08-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #46
elena
Even if the allegations against Jeff Porto are true, which they could very well be, it's hard to make people believe it with no evidence. I can think of three transactions I've had which were BOI worthy, but all were conducted largely over the phone, hence no proof, hence no BOI. I have now learned my lesson and I don't do business that way. Was I burned? Yes. Would it get me or anyone else anywhere for me to complain about it with no evidence? No.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #47
wolfayal
What I'm very curious is about is what ultimately caused Jeff to decide to cease contact with Darien. Judging by the Reptiles by Mack thread, this may not be the first time a vendor has been forced to sever contact with Darien.

That, to me, points to an issue with Darien's conduct rather than the vendor's. I'd really like to see some transcripts from those who have done business with her in the past.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #48
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adinthewater View Post
please don't make fun of mental health problems.
Chelsey I genuinely don't think anyone was making fun of mental health problems. It's just that it seems Darien is the cause of most of her own problems and that blaming any fallout on mental health issues is extremely inappropriate and downright laughable.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:54 AM   #49
nlcoe
I have been looking threw the bois and deciding who I want to do business with this my bp projects. I feel I am seeing a lot of posts from this person in a very short amount of time.. That being said , I have now desided she is on both my do not buy and do not sell list. I have bipolar and PTSD and have never once in my life said, " I can't do this or that because of my mental illness. I am sorry but I have lost all faith in this person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-05-2015, 02:05 AM   #50
senusenu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcoe View Post
I have been looking threw the bois and deciding who I want to do business with this my bp projects. I feel I am seeing a lot of posts from this person in a very short amount of time.. That being said , I have now desided she is on both my do not buy and do not sell list. I have bipolar and PTSD and have never once in my life said, " I can't do this or that because of my mental illness. I am sorry but I have lost all faith in this person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had major depression for at least 20 years, SAD, coupled with extreme, crippling anxiety and social phobia. I have fought very hard to get my issues under control, and am able to recognize when I'm just digging myself deeper into a hole. When people act out, but then use mental illness as some kind of excuse for bad behavior, it really does upset me. We have a hard enough time being taken seriously as it is without people playing to stereotypes with it.

This person may legitimately suffer mental illness, or they may be an attention seeker. If it's the first, I encourage them to seek treatment for the condition- if it's the latter, then I have no sympathy. I had to learn what gets me most flustered and worked up (worse than my baseline, anyway) and avoid those triggers. I know what it's like to spiral out, but in this case, they brought it upon themselves.

Refusing to provide evidence and calling people mean for asking for such evidence and giving mental illness as the reason why simply galls me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!