Inquiry Why All The Hate Toward Reptiles By Mack? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:38 AM   #11
NekoGeckos
Okay wow jeez, I was under the impression I was asking questions.

Please delete this thread, if you see fit. I don't see how asking questions is spreading rumors, but if that's how everyone sees it, by all means make me out to be that kind of person. I was just seeking to find the truth or end the rumors. I don't think I could have been any more clear on that.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:55 AM   #12
hhmoore
I'm closing this thread, at least temporarily (pending further review). While it is essentially in the format of an inquiry; you seem to be casting aspersions based on anonymous rumors. If you want to talk about rumors, negativity, claims, etc, you should be identifying the source(s) of your information (and saying to check out user groups on Facebook doesn't count).
If you want to create a new thread - an inquiry of their business practices, info based on your own experiences, etc, feel free. This one may be reopened later, depending on the thoughts of the other mods (but if you start a new thread before that, this one will likely stay closed

Old 07-30-2015, 09:25 PM   #13
hhmoore
I apologize for the amount of time it has taken for me to reopen this thread - unforeseen issues have kept me offline. The thread was closed primarily to prevent the post count from soaring before the rest of the moderation team had a chance to review the issue addressed in my previous post.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM   #14
odduc748
From my experience, Reptiles by Mack produces quality animals. They are very patient and answer all your questions. Delivery is exactly as promised and transactions are very smooth.

Customer service is excellent!

I would highly recommend doing business with them.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 AM   #15
acecurl16
I have had the same experience ... dealt with them on a number of occasions and always top-notch communication and willingness to answer questions. They have great animals and shipping is very professional and to the animals well-being. As far as Leopard Geckos go ... I have gotten a few from them and always been very happy with them .. Rainwater Albinos, Mack Snows, and Super Snow, and Hypos .. all top quality animals!

Old 07-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #16
juliasara
I have never seen anything bad said about them, the only thing I've seen is that they breed and sell their geckos wholesale and don't keep track of genetics. As long as your not planning on breeding that shouldn't be a problem at all. They aim to produce and sell quality pets, no shame in that!

Old 07-31-2015, 12:14 PM   #17
ElexisC
To be honest, she really is seeing a lot of bashing of them in groups, I've seen some of it myself but it's because they are a whole saler, and supply many pet stores. And the people in these gecko groups HATE pet stores it seems, so I guess in their mind because reptiles by mack supplies pet stores they are the enemy because so many pet stores don't know how to care for them.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #18
ElexisC
But that is really the only complaint I have actually seen. I've never seen someone say "they sold me a sick gecko" or say the genetics were wrong. All of the bashing I have seen was because they supply pet stores. Which shouldn't be a reason to hate on and bash a company.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:12 PM   #19
elena
As a former buyer for a private pet store (I'm just evil, right?), I will weigh in and say that I purchased a wholesale lot from Reptiles by Mack some years ago. The animals were well packed, healthy and as described, which is more than I can say for some other wholesalers. They were sold as pets, many to first time reptile owners, and I never had a customer come back and say they had a problem with the animal. As for genetics, we didn't care and neither did our customers. If I was looking to add a specific morph with specific genetics to my colony, I might go elsewhere, but if I needed another wholesale lot I would not hesitate to buy from Reptiles by Mack again. Also, I was pleased to receive a variety of morphs within the pack instead of all the same. I made a special request that the geckos be of comparable size so they could be more safely housed together, and this request was fulfilled.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:27 PM   #20
sschind
You're pure evil Elena Just like me. When I had my store I bought a quite a bit from RBM (quite a bit by my standards anyway) The vast majority of animals arrived with no issues whatsoever and the few that did have issues (A couple of pixie frogs in one shipment and a pac man in another) were taken care of promptly and satisfactorily. They even went good for a pixie that arrived alive but in questionable condition (it was alive but upside down and kept flipping over when I righted it.) but lived for two weeks for me. I told them right away the problem and they said "keep us posted" when I told them it died they gave me a credit no further questions asked.

They were probably the easiest wholesale company I ever dealt with and certainly had some of the best animals. If I were still in business I have no doubt I would be using them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!