Inquiry Why All The Hate Toward Reptiles By Mack? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #41
Gilbertreptiles8383
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
If you have proof of this you should post it. I don't doubt it at all, based on how she acts, but I'd LOVE to see it posted straight from her. Maybe if you do that I can stop hearing about harassment and abuse and how she's a victim every single time I read a BOI thread.
Im starting to pick up on what you are saying. Im new here I just wanted to respond to something she said but i understand what you are saying. I don't want to jump the gun here but after reading all of these comments I am learning who to trust on here.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #42
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbertreptiles8383 View Post
I am learning who to trust on here.
Thanks for those kind words!

Old 08-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #43
David Scarboro
Quote:
I was talking to them over the telephone. This was late 2013 I don't remember the exact words.
You are new, so let me help you a bit. Facts are what the BOI deals with. Your description of a conversation that you really do not remember much of should probably be kept to yourself. Read up on the whole process here.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

Old 08-04-2015, 07:06 AM   #44
Lucille

I for one would not judge or come to any conclusions about a vendor based on a vague two year old alleged conversation that the person himself confesses to not clearly remembering.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #45
BillZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
You are new, so let me help you a bit. Facts are what the BOI deals with. Your description of a conversation that you really do not remember much of should probably be kept to yourself. Read up on the whole process here.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880
"Proof is optional, but recommended".

Fauna does not require proof of any kind for as long as I can remember. They seem to be stating their claim as "fact" but just can not remember the "exact" words. Proof sure would be nice but is not required as per your link. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #46
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post

Fauna does not require proof of any kind for as long as I can remember. They seem to be stating their claim as "fact" but just can not remember the "exact" words. Proof sure would be nice but is not required as per your link. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct.
Per the rules, and for as long as I have been here, as a member of Fauna, proof is not required (but is recommended).
However, members do prefer to have proof. With extremely good reason.

As far as Mr. Leachino is concerned, I came to the same conclusion as you. He posted an experience, as fact, but cannot remember every exact word of the conversation that took place. No proof, either, since communication was over the telephone.

Without proof, all that members can do is take Mr. Leachino's claim with a grain of salt.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #47
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by scervantes View Post
I would never sell you an animal. I put too much time and care into my geckos to send them to their death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scervantes View Post
just because I didn't agree with your method of blowing marijuana into a geckos face to try to get it to eat does not mean I harassed you.
(Going back, a little bit, in this thread)

Do you have any proof, at all, to support what you seem to be implying and for your claim (quoted above)?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #48
senusenu
Quote:
Iffy basically means (to me) that I would probably never purchase anything else from them. I said "iffy" because they made me seem that I was worthless and I didn't really matter to them and they only wanted my money. I am the type of person that wants to know everything about the animal that I'm purchasing. They were basically saying that i don't need to know everything about what I'm buying.
Honestly, if you want to know "everything" then I would suggest going to a hobbiest breeder and not a wholesaler. Their lack of information pertaining to lineages and hets/possible hets makes it clear they are not necessarily marketing to the individual the way a hobbiest would.

Like going to a big box chain store and wanting every last detail about an animal before purchase. Most associates won't know all of that (or even half) because they just do not get that kind of training or knowledge. Some (I used to work for one) would go out of our way to research outside of work and learn more than what the company wants us to know. I prided myself on being able to tell people the temperments of the snakes in particular, how to tell veiled cams male or female, and so on. Average Joe working the pet store to pay for college may not delve that far into the details for you.

I kind of see RBM being more in that category, more like a big box store rather than a smaller breeder who keeps detailed information about each different animal. Searching the BOI can give you ideas on who to contact for that kind of service.

I have had no personal dealings with RBM, but that was our supplier so I know which of my animals came from them. As far as my snakes go, they have been very active, healthy, no issues with feeding or shedding, and so on. I don't have personal experience with them on an individual level. Hopefully the experience didn't sour you on the hobby in general and that you were able to find someone who could give you the care you want.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #49
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillZ View Post

I certainly see your point, but I never used the word proof. His "facts were very vague to me. When questioned, he seemed (again to me) to have problems remembering the conversation.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #50
Gilbertreptiles8383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I for one would not judge or come to any conclusions about a vendor based on a vague two year old alleged conversation that the person himself confesses to not clearly remembering.

I didn't not post about it there was a post about Reptiles By Mack and all I said was that I was not buying from them again. Then the person asked me what it was about and it told them I didn't remember word by word what they said. I'm pretty sure if I asked you to recite a conversation you had with someone yesterday over the phone you wouldn't be able to do it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!