Alan Hall: Cheap Cages.com: GOOD GUY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #31
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille 08-20-2004, 08:18 PM
For what it's worth.....
Wes is IMHO one of the wisest persons on this board. Go back and re read his post. When I considered it, his point that there are indeed others that have been evil and obnoxious for a long time, and Alan is not comparable, is right.
Alan really blew it, but Wes and Carson are right, we are spinning this out to everyone's detriment.
We do give others the chance to redeem themselves, and as sad as I feel about what happened, perhaps we should back off and see what Alan does with this situation.
I think Rich has the power to ban Alan, and the very fact that Alan has the privilege to continue posting here may mean that Rich sees a possibility of redemption; I think I will wait, and see.....
I think its kind of funny that the person that posted this in the original thread just happened to post a link here to that thread. Lucille you state in the above post " think I will wait, and see", so to the best of your knowledge has he done anything else since then, will he ever be able to redeem himself in your eyes as you say. Can a good guy make a mistake, learn from it and overcome it to become an outstanding member of the reptile community again?

So i put it to all of you....Does one mistake make a person a bad guy forever. Casey, will you hold this grudge forever or have you never made a mistake in your past and feel no one else should?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #32
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
I think its kind of funny that the person that posted this in the original thread just happened to post a link here to that thread. Lucille you state in the above post " think I will wait, and see", so to the best of your knowledge has he done anything else since then, will he ever be able to redeem himself in your eyes as you say. Can a good guy make a mistake, learn from it and overcome it to become an outstanding member of the reptile community again?

So i put it to all of you....Does one mistake make a person a bad guy forever. Casey, will you hold this grudge forever or have you never made a mistake in your past and feel no one else should?
I think part of the value of the BOI is that people can read different points of view and make up their own minds. I have my feelings and opinions and others have theirs.
Has time erased this incident? That is something each of you must decide for yourselves; but those who read this thread may feel that whatever decision they choose is more of an informed one than if they had been totally unaware of the information presented. THAT is the value of the BOI.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #33
nicolai
Since you were the one that made the original post I was asking what your opinion was at this time. Has he redeemed himself in your eyes? If not then why?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #34
WebSlave
Well let me make a statement here that I think everyone needs to pay attention to. This thread appears to be turning towards an issue between myself and Jeff Barringer a while back that is over and done with. Jeff and I settled our differences and decided it was time to end the antagonism between us, for the good of this industry as a whole. People were choosing camps and throwing dung at the other side, which was doing no one really any good. So we both decided to just end it flat out, and walk away from the table to get on with our own lives and businesses.

That is all over with. If it appears that this issue is going to be fanned back into flames again, this thread will be closed. I do not want anyone bugging Jeff about it, and I certainly do not want to be bugged about it either. It is over and done with. If anyone has any intentions of reopening those old wounds, you will be walking on thin ice here. I have stated plainly that I am willing to let it go and forget about it, and if I can do it, so can YOU.

I do hope this warning is sufficient for all involved here.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #35
hhmoore
Alan -
I understand what you are saying about only part of the story being told (though I admit that I don't know the other part), and why you might offer to reveal what has remained hidden for so long...but, with all due respect, don't.
I knew as soon as I saw the "good guy" thread with your name on it that someone would feel compelled to link that thread. So be it. Don't dig up a fight that died over a year ago, it is one that can't be won by anybody. All it will do is inflame the membership, many of whom have never even heard of you. Let it go. It is, as WebSlave put it, ancient history.

IMO, if anybody was going to give Alan a hard time, it would/should be WebSlave...and we all saw his comment:
Quote:
I have no grudges at all with Alan, as that stuff that happened a while back is just ancient history as far as I am concerned. If Alan would like to mend the burned bridge between us, I am all for it,
If WebSlave is willing to bury the hatchet, and let bygones be bygones, I would urge any of the rest of you to consider what your reason is for picking up this fight before the casting of stones begins. I am not passing judgement on any of what happened at that time - Heck, how could I...I wasn't even a member yet, lol. - nor am I saying that those of you that were DIRECTLY involved have to forgive and forget; but for everybody else that just got pi$$ed off - is it worth resuming the battle? For some of you, doubtless, the answer will be yes. For me - I can have my Jungle Habitats cages, recommend Alan to my customers with a clean conscience, AND be a participating and (I hope) respected member of this site. If either of the latter items changes, I hope somebody will do me the courtesy of telling me.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #36
JungleHabitats
Lucille

Quote:
I think part of the value of the BOI is that people can read different points of view and make up their own minds. I have my feelings and opinions and others have theirs.
Has time erased this incident? That is something each of you must decide for yourselves; but those who read this thread may feel that whatever decision they choose is more of an informed one than if they had been totally unaware of the information presented. THAT is the value of the BOI.
You ma'am are correct BUt being this was a thread that was not asking IF anyone had done business with me or how i was to do business with , you then took it upon yourself to post a thread that has NOTHING to do with the thread that was started here ? If Nicole or anyone had asked " hey has anyone done business with Alan Hall " then yeah link away . But for you to bring it up in a thread that truely had no bounds for that buried thread to be brought up was IMHO tasteless. A search for Alan Hall / Cheap cages.com junglehabitatsplastics will bring that up will it not ? thats what the search is for ?

Rich , With respect to you
Quote:
Well let me make a statement here that I think everyone needs to pay attention to. This thread appears to be turning towards an issue between myself and Jeff Barringer a while back that is over and done with. Jeff and I settled our differences and decided it was time to end the antagonism between us, for the good of this industry as a whole. People were choosing camps and throwing dung at the other side, which was doing no one really any good. So we both decided to just end it flat out, and walk away from the table to get on with our own lives and businesses.

That is all over with. If it appears that this issue is going to be fanned back into flames again, this thread will be closed. I do not want anyone bugging Jeff about it, and I certainly do not want to be bugged about it either. It is over and done with. If anyone has any intentions of reopening those old wounds, you will be walking on thin ice here. I have stated plainly that I am willing to let it go and forget about it, and if I can do it, so can YOU.

I do hope this warning is sufficient for all involved here
As i told you I agree but Also will not have this hung over my head lile a shrunken shrine As long as you can control the others I will as i told you be honorable here in what i post i just wanted to state the point that Lucille brought this all to light so She is the one the has rekindled the flame on this entire mess.

HHmoore

As i said im done with that and amd satisfied with it staying that way , but With respect to myself i will defend myself as to that as it sees fit .

No worries im not looking to pile a nest here no need to its bygones i the past thats all .

Rich thank you for allowing me to post here and as i told you i will not trudge up things of past I have to go back to work , thanks for the heads up from the person who called me .

Old 02-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #37
Lucille
I certainly think that Alan deserves the benefit if the doubt, and I think with the recent posts of satisfied customers,it looks like he is doing a good job. I have had no current dealings; but I think there is value in information, an informed decision is always a better decision.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #38
BWSmith
I have a quote from Alan on a VERY custom and complicated enclosure at the moment. He has been very accommodating since this one is very specific in design and function. About the only thing standard is the material. Great communication (despite my multiple changes and relentless inquiries) and great pricing. When it comes to enclosures, I am not an easy client. I know what I want, when I want it, and how I want it and have very little tolerance for variations to my requirements. Alan fits the bill. I have spent a couple thousand dollars with him last year, and i plan on spending a few more this year.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #39
JungleHabitats
Thank You Lucille

Quote:
I certainly think that Alan deserves the benefit if the doubt, and I think with the recent posts of satisfied customers,it looks like he is doing a good job. I have had no current dealings; but I think there is value in information, an informed decision is always a better decision
I agree when asked it is
and thanks to everyone who has posted for sharing your experience in dealing , with me Its great to see comments from those who have my products to give there thoughts on them . And to you BW lol for such a short short man you sure haqve some tall tall expectations !! glad to help you as always my friend. and to anyone else Im not some horned devil who eats peoples kids at the park lol Im human and not to bad a guy if you ever actually talk to me take care !

Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #40
bcfos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille

Actually that thread has nothing to do about buisness interests. It is more along the path of posting that member "X" is a baptist and member "Y" is a catholic so member "Y" shouldn't do business with member "X" because of the difference in religious views. Honestly someone could marry a full blown drug addict for all I care as long as they have a stellar record in business transactions who they are married to should not matter. Only if that character flaw causes bad business transactions should it even be considered let alone brought up IMO.

Past is past. Let sleeping dogs lie. Forgive and forget. I think we all need to follow Rich's lead in this as he is gracious enough to put things like this in the past. And that is a big thing being that the past in this case could have cost a lot of money for him. Rich also stated he and Jeff worked things out. Now that really tells me Rich has a very forgiving soul.

So lets all move away from the past and get back on topic of cages. I do believe that is what this thread was about in the very start now wasn't it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!