Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
amercnwmn
I have been in contact with several people from other forums to help get the word out there is a possible problem. So far Redtailboa.com has published a warning. I'm hoping several other forums will follow suit, even if it goes against their TOS.

I feel if ANYONE is selling potentially IBD infected sick snakes, and there is THIS much proof existing to support the possibility of a spread, the reptile community should be notified.

I hate doing this, because if I'm wrong, I'll look like an idiot..(sadly, NOT the first time & probably not the last..)
But, I'll take the heat if the BEST should happen and everything is fine.

I'd rather risk looking like a "paranoid idiot" as I have been called, than have a bunch of people's collections be affected by IBD and other illnesses/parasites.

Chlamydia is contagious among several species of reptiles & amphibians, and it WAS found in the necropsy of the Burmese Python.
Not much is known about the zoonotic capacity of chlamydia strains, but it IS contagious. I can try to find out more from Dr. Jacobson after the holidays.

I feel there is no choice BUT to try to spread the word there are definitely issues of mites and Chlamydia in the collection, as well as a POSITIVE IBD test, and poor quarantine has been evident since that time.

It's NOT personal, however the more that has been revealed, the more disgusted, disappointed, and frankly, p!$$ed off, I become.

I would expect the same reaction from others if I were/had been selling/breeding snakes under similar conditions.

Tags
ibd