Bad Guy Has anyone dealt with richardson6951@roadrunner.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #41
reticguy76
hence, that is why i cruise craigslist for pure entertainment, not to ever, ever, ever buy anything off there (live animals, of course, i am speaking of).

i have (for fun) replied for animals and feeders off craigslist a couple times, and it is amazing the idiots that post/attempt to sell on there.

cl is good for a laugh every so often

Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #42
ReptileGirl07
Reticguy

I used to sell feeders when I lived in Arizona, and I used Craigslist as my source of advertising. I made quite a bit of money, and had a bunch of happy customers (NOT one unhappy customer).

I actually had better luck overall with the quality of Phoenix Craigslist users vs the quality in other areas. I think you have it easier in your neck of the woods, from my experience over there.

But, there were still laughable people/ads.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #43
reticguy76
I havent any experience with cl in any other area, but if Phoenix area is good, id fear what the other areas of the country hold

It's super easy to pick out the straight up idiots off cl, but sometimes you have converse with some people to see the dishonest, trolling idiots

Thanks for the tip that Phoenix is the good cl place, if I move ever, cl will be more off my source list than it is

All in all, sorry about the experience with this idiot

Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #44
ReptileGirl07
lol! No problem. Yeah, moving here made me want to rip my hair out with Craigslist lol I miss Phoenix!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #45
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Expecting more than "ridiculous behavior" on CL is something I will not expect. It's the same place people can hook up with trannies... come on LOL
I normally enjoy your posts and respect what you have to say... but I've got to say something about this. Random trans-phobic comments aren't cool.

Making a slur/joke about Craigslist being for "hooking up with [negative word for gay men]" or "hooking up with [negative racial slur]" wouldn't be acceptable, and it's no more acceptable to make the same "joke" about transsexuals/transgendered folks.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #46
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Yep, sure did read it Deborah. Read it several times.

His reply should have been the end of it. But as soon as someone starts in with the 'your customer service sucks for air' lecture, they need to understand that there are people out there who will stand up and fire their mouths right back.

Does it make it right? No, I never said it did. But she was asking for that one by poking the badger in the eye with a stick.
Ah, I understand your perception now. It's a reasonable one imo. I, too, have just passed on when someone replies unprofessionally.

She should have moved on.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #47
reticguy76
His post was fine. Back in topic now

Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #48
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
It's funny you say that considering I sell many feeders on CL throughout the year and ALL of my customers will tell you I have "Grade A" customer service, everyone of them...every time.
Sorry to tell ya there Nick but your logic doesn't really cut it. Nice try though....

I could advertise from a dumpster for all I care and ANYone who inquires is going to get a friendly, professional response from me.

Don't get me wrong I definitely understand MANY people on CL are a joke but to answer SOMEONE else' add and get that response is a joke.

Just another person justifying ridiculous behavior
I don't think anyone is "justifying" the behavior, I think that some are just pointing out the OPs part in getting the response she did AFTER the "Yeah, right." That response right there could have been indicative that the person on the other end wasn't as big a breeder as she thought, or a joke, and she should have moved on.

People rarely respond positively to sermons.
*Let me shut up, both Nick and Shadera have helped me see from another perspective.

She warned us, but we have no idea what happened from the breeder's end, and it is unfair (imo) to lable him and negatively impact his business at this point.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #49
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I don't think anyone is "justifying" the behavior, I think that some are just pointing out the OPs part in getting the response she did AFTER the "Yeah, right." That response right there could have been indicative that the person on the other end wasn't as big a breeder as she thought, or a joke, and she should have moved on.

People rarely respond positively to sermons.
*Let me shut up, both Nick and Shadera have helped me see from another perspective.

She warned us, but we have no idea what happened from the breeder's end, and it is unfair (imo) to lable him and negatively impact his business at this point.
Yeah, I am pretty sure you are now justifying it as well. Again, Awesome!

"Because you got a bad response the first time, it then becomes your fault"...

I honestly could care a less considering I live nowhere near the OP. I just think it's funny to bash on her that's all. (Or whatever you want to call it)

Old 11-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #50
ReptileGirl07
Just curious what you may think happened on "his end"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!