FREE spider ball python - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
omgitskacie12
ill take a picture of the snake and post it here so you can see what i mean when i say its in HORRIBLE shape. I should have it up in 5 min

Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
omgitskacie12
here are the pictures
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #13
Shadera
Wow, that poor darling is thin. I'm not sure what exactly is going on around the vent, so I'll reserve comment on it or how to fix it.

I've been digging around looking for rescues near you. Problem is, Texas is such a huge state and it's often hours between activity.

Here are a couple I found within relatively close distance to you. If you can get a rescue to take the animal, I'll make a donation of a hundred bucks directly to their vet toward its care (or euthanasia if that is deemed necessary). It's not much, but hopefully it will help find a group to take him/her. I'd start with these guys, and see if you can hook up some sort of train to get the snake to them. If not, maybe they know of someone closer to you.

http://wichitafallsreptilerescue.webs.com/
http://www.rhandst.com/

I hope you can find someone to take it, and get it all fixed up for a new home. And hopefully those pet store owners get a good karma bite in the butt for letting it get that far. Bless you for having such a big heart.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
WindsweptReptiles
Damn, looks more like the underside of a boat than a snake, and I'm also not really sure what's going on with the vent. Good luck on it, whatever happens.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
omgitskacie12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Wow, that poor darling is thin. I'm not sure what exactly is going on around the vent, so I'll reserve comment on it or how to fix it.

I've been digging around looking for rescues near you. Problem is, Texas is such a huge state and it's often hours between activity.

Here are a couple I found within relatively close distance to you. If you can get a rescue to take the animal, I'll make a donation of a hundred bucks directly to their vet toward its care (or euthanasia if that is deemed necessary). It's not much, but hopefully it will help find a group to take him/her. I'd start with these guys, and see if you can hook up some sort of train to get the snake to them. If not, maybe they know of someone closer to you.

http://wichitafallsreptilerescue.webs.com/
http://www.rhandst.com/

I hope you can find someone to take it, and get it all fixed up for a new home. And hopefully those pet store owners get a good karma bite in the butt for letting it get that far. Bless you for having such a big heart.
Thank you SO MUCH! ill ask them if they can help or ill keep searching for another rescue (or a vet that will work with me on the cost so i can try to rehab the snake myself)

Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #16
omgitskacie12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsweptDemyx View Post
Damn, looks more like the underside of a boat than a snake, and I'm also not really sure what's going on with the vent. Good luck on it, whatever happens.
Yeah thats why i took it because i almost broke down in tears because it is so bad! i wanted to tell the manager off and i will be reporting them for abuse because leaving it like that for 2 months is unacceptable!!! and the guy that got it before them should never have snakes ever again, it could have been prevented with simple care, like actually giving it water (because the condition it has is caused by dehydration and not being able to pass its poo or at least thats what i found on the internet)

Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #17
StrictlyExotics
Kacie,

That snake is in no condition to be shipped. I know you are limited in what you are capable of doing so my suggestion is call some of your local vets and see if they can help you somehow. At the very worst, they might be able to suggest someone (organization) to give it to. From looking at the photos, that snakes needs immediate medical attention before it ends up dying from starvation. If you can, try a pinkie (even though I doubt it will eat).

Ball pythons are very resiliant but, I dont see a good outlook for that poor snake.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #18
omgitskacie12
i gave it a pinkie rat about 2 min ago and its eating it so thats a good sign... i think. It would probably eat more if i offered it, any opinion on if i should or not. I dont think i am going to ship it. I googled a few vets and my mom found one yesterday (that she didnt tell me about) that said they would look at the snake for 85 and then we could go from there. Im trying to get some money by selling some of my breeder rabbits and im thinking on selling a snake or two if it comes down to it (the surgery it will need costs between 100 and 400 bucks what isnt a lot to most people but for a 16yr old thats quite a bit of money)

Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 AM   #19
Elizabeth Minton
as i said looks like it prolasped its rectum. can be caused by hardened poop in its colon, wrong heat temps, and dehydration. soak the snake in sugar water, keep it warm, make sure its eating and drinking and get it to a vet. they may need to stitch it to the inside of the snake so it does not prolaps again... it is a common and occasionally very troublesome issue. keep it hydrated warm and fed. if its a prolasp the snake is too weak right now to pull it back in itself. keep the area clean to avoid infection. i have had good outcomes from household painkilling neosporen when it comes to things like that or tears etc. good luck

p.s i am in vet school right now and i am studying small animals and herp practices. i am not far enough to correctly guess or surgically help but i have seen videos and a few college students have brought them in for our classes to help further our learning. my best guess would be a prolasped colon not an inverted rectum.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #20
omgitskacie12
that must be it, because when i got it i was feeling its mid section and there were about 5 things of poop in there that mt friend pushed out when i got home all of them were hard as a rock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!