www.gosteve.org A FRIEND NEEDS HELP!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:52 AM   #1
Brent Strande
www.gosteve.org A FRIEND NEEDS HELP!!!

Hey there all you herpers, I’ve got a GREAT FRIEND who could really use a hand from anyone out there!

A very close friend of mine, Steve Symons, who is only 21 years old was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) a couple of weeks ago.

Although Steve is doesn’t frequent any online herp forums, he keeps a beautiful corn snake and treats it very well.

Here’s the basic rundown of how things came about…

> Since December, 2004, Steve’s knee has been bothering him. He was finally given an MRI on Monday, April 18, 2005.

> Steve’s MRI revealed a 3 inch tumor in his left femur just above the knee. Although the Doctor believed it to be cancerous, he told Steve to go to Minneapolis for testing to be sure.

>The day before (Wed, April 20) Steve left for Minneapolis for testing, he was walking in our front yard when he turned and his femur snapped, breaking his leg.

>After breaking his leg, Steve was rushed to the hospital and transferred to Fairview Hospital in Minneapolis. On Friday, April 22, 2005, Steve was diagnosed with cancer.

> The next 3-4 months Steve will be receiving Chemotherapy, then they will perform surgery to remove the tumor, followed by another 3-4 months of Chemo. It’s going to be very tough and expensive for him.

> Steve has just begun chemotherapy, and it’s hitting him hard. It’s one of the toughest things that I’ve had someone I know personally have to deal with.

Now, here’s my request:

We’re fundraising for Steve in order to help him and his family out during this ordeal. We’ve been selling bracelets similar to the “LIVESTRONG” yellow Armstrong ones, but they are baby blue and say “GO STEVE” on them. We also have T-Shirts available in baby blue with navy blue lettering, the design looks like this:

The pricing for bracelets is a minimum of $5 and the T-Shirts we are asking for a minimum of $12. If you’d like to add an extra dollar or two to help out with shipping (Yes, we can have them delivered to you!) that would also be greatly appreciated!

If you’d rather JUST DONATE, that’s also GREAT! I’m posting this on EVERY FORUM that I visit, and if I could get just one dollar from each member it would make a world of a difference!

Please take the time to help out another human when he’s in need, especially since he’s a close friend of a herper you know!

Donations can be made by sending a check or money order, or you can use PAYPAL by going to the site: www.gosteve.org and clicking on the DONATE Button.

If you can forward this to anyone you know that you think would be willing to help Steve out, DO IT!

Thank you again, and God Bless,

Brent Strande

P.S. Updates are available on the Site, as well as a bio on Steve. Be sure to check it out at www.gosteve.org

Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
ms_terese
Brent,

Steve has great friends! I'll be clicking some buttons at gosteve.org, and sending thoughts and prayers his way. Keep everyone posted.

Old 05-05-2005, 09:15 AM   #3
Ginger Ambrose
Where to send m/o ?

Is there an address where we can send a money order?
If so please email me at gingera63@yahoo.com
I have personally been effected by cancer and it's ravages.
I have lost my Father and his mother (my Granny), as well as my father's youngest brother to cancer and any time I can assist in the fight sign me up.

Ginger Ambrose

"You're never too old to learn"

Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
Brent Strande
Leighton is collecting funds. Checks can be written to "GO STEVE Fund" and mailed to:

Leighton Mohl
1820 40th St SW #113
Fargo, ND 58103

If you go to the website, www.gosteve.org and click on the Donate button, on the bottom of the page there are two buttons. One is for credit card, and the other is for check/money order. If you click on that it has the address, as well as an order form if you'd like a bracelet or T-Shirt.

Thanks everyone who's willing to help! This is something that nobody ever expects to be handed, so it's nice to see that there are compassionate, decent people out there!

Thanks again!

Old 05-05-2005, 11:23 AM   #5
mycurlylocks
I'll be glad to help. Life can deal some nasty blows. Steve will be in our prayers. He's got to be a great guy to have such good friends!
I'll be sure to check for updates.
Good luck,
Candy

Old 05-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
Brent Strande
Thank you for all who have helped! This is something that anyonce can help with and it means the world even for a small donation!

The bracelets are now available and are going fast! More updates are on www.gosteve.org and we're hoping that we can continue to raise funds to help Steve out!

If it isn't too much to ask, be sure to let other people that you know to check out the site too and perhaps donate!

Old 06-01-2005, 03:26 AM   #7
latazyo
thanks to everyone that contributed

so far we've raised around 20.000 USD

Leighton

thanks so much

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!