Eco Earth - Damp or Bone Dry? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Ball Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
JerJax
Eco Earth - Damp or Bone Dry?

I've been having problems with keeping the humidity up in my BP's enclosure (20 Gallon Tank, he's about half a year old). I can't afford a fogger or a misting machine at the moment, and I was told to use Eco Earth. I did my research as best I could, hard to find any good non-sales-pitch information on the substrate, but I found enough to convince me to use it.

All I would like to know is what is the consistancy of Eco Earth after completely soaked; with a BP should I dry it out COMPLETELY, and does this substrate REALLY help the humidity level in the cage (even when dried)? Any info, references, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I am only using ECO EARTH, please don't try to sell me on another product.

THANKS!
-JerJax
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #2
Pink Lady Exotics
I used to use that stuff when I had glass tanks, it works very well. It doesn't need to be bone dry, but after the inital soaking/expansion, let it dry out for 3-4 days before using it. It should be damp like a wrung-out washcloth before putting it in the cage. You should only have to mist it every couple days or so to keep the humidity up.

By the way, this should be in the discussion forum, not the classifieds.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Ed Clark
THIS POST SHOULD BE IN THE BALL PYTHON DISCUSSION FORUM.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
I used to use that stuff when I had glass tanks, it works very well. It doesn't need to be bone dry, but after the inital soaking/expansion, let it dry out for 3-4 days before using it. It should be damp like a wrung-out washcloth before putting it in the cage. You should only have to mist it every couple days or so to keep the humidity up.

By the way, this should be in the discussion forum, not the classifieds.

Maybe its my eyes ,but i have to look real hard to read your pink type.
Dont care much for it,kinda gives me a headache .

Old 08-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
JerJax
Sorry! I'll keep the posts in the correct forums next time!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread