Sinaloan Milksnake "Clown" morph question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
brianm616
Sinaloan Milksnake "Clown" morph question

I'm really interested in finding some information about this morph. I've done searches and have found nothing but this: http://www.generalexotics.com/snakes...lk-snake-p-969 and it's not really helpful.

The reason I ask is that I got an adult male for next to nothing a couple of months back and was wondering what one should expect when plugging him into a couple of normal females next season? Is this a simple recessive or a line bred trait? If this is just recessive why aren't there more of these?

I've already posted this on ks.com and have only gotten "maybe it's a hybrid" responses so any information given would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached some pictures and as you can see he's definitely a bit weird, but still a sinaloan. I'm also pretty sure he's not a hybrid or 'intergrade' as Nathan Wells had a thread on here two years back with a 'clown'/splotched sinaloan for sale.

From what can be seen visually, my 'clown' has excessive white around the mouth (like a clowns lip makeup) and red leeching into the white bands dorsally and ventrally with the black banding fading and being very grainy.

So, again, anyone who knows something about this phase/morph please respond with any information you have.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #2
brianm616
question answered (and how) over at ks.com.

thanks to everyone over there who took the time to post.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
snakemansnakes
Sarcasm isnt really appreciated

Old 05-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
brianm616
no sarcasm intended.

i really appreciated those in the community that took their time to share their years of expertise to educate about a morph query with a very through discussion. special thanks to nathan wells and shannon brown.

and if i wanted to use sarcasm i would have added the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] brackets to ensure my message got across. ;p

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
brianm616
just wanted to post an update.

this morph was originally produced by mark and kim bell - http://www.reptmart.com/p-2225-clown...-for-sale.aspx

Old 07-15-2010, 03:15 AM   #6
JETZEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm616 View Post
just wanted to post an update.

this morph was originally produced by mark and kim bell - http://www.reptmart.com/p-2225-clown...-for-sale.aspx

Thanks for posting that info Brian,
it looks weird to me kinda pyro...and i don't know whats so "clownish" about it.
here are a couple of regular plain sinaloans...my favorite triangulum.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
brianm616
they have a lot more white around their 'lips' giving it a clown makeup kind of look and have a more reddish tongue due to the aberrant patterns. hence the clown name.

and sinaloan/nelsons are my favorite triangulum as well.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #8
JETZEN
Quote:
they have a lot more white around their 'lips' giving it a clown makeup kind of look and have a more reddish tongue due to the aberrant patterns. hence the clown name.

and sinaloan/nelsons are my favorite triangulum as well.
does the sinaloan clown morph vary? or do they pretty much all look the same.
i'm thinking it might have some interesting possibilities.
i never heard about it before you started this thread.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #9
brianm616
honestly, i have no idea how much they vary.

i've only seen my snake:

and the sample image from reptmart:

Old 07-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #10
JETZEN
Quote:
honestly, i have no idea how much they vary.

i've only seen my snake:

and the sample image from reptmart:
those 2 are definately the same morph....the white nose strikes me strange but i seen other sinaloans with light colored noses just not that white.
well anyway its a good looking variation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!