This is driving me nuts! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
heathn
This is driving me nuts!

A few questions for the more experienced breeders. When your boas were gravid did you see a little loose skin in the front third of their body? I guess from losing weight there. I'm wondering because my female shed about 3 weeks after the male was introduced but he was still pretty horny,teenagers lol. Trying to figure out if she is gravid or if I'm gonna be waiting another year. She has eaten only once in the past 3.5-4 months but still has good thickness in her lower body. I can post some new pics if it will help. Any help here would be greatly appreciated because I am running out of hair. I didn't have much to start with, lol.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Biscuit71
How long has it been since the shed? Did you see ovuation? How long ago was that? If you could post dates and maybe a few pics, that would be great...

Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
heathn
The shed was in late oct-early nov. I didn't see an ovulation but I could have missed it. Here is a pic.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
If she ovulated, and you missed it, you should still see a thickening in the lower third of her body. Should look sorta like she ate recently. To me the pics look like a healthy girl. Nothing to indicate she's gravid.

As for your concerns, I say just let them stay together and do their thing. They know what they're doing more than we do. When or if she takes, she will go and curl on her warm spot, and the male will loose interest. Just keep dates of the shed and all. Mine shed her normal shed, than shed 2 weeks later her POS. So it may have been just a normal shed too.

Wait it out, and give them as much peace as you can. They'll do their thing.

Hope that helps
Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!