Is this real? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
Dyscophus antongilii
Is this real?

Hi All,

As many of you know, I adore large species of Anura like Pyxicephalus adspersus. However, I am also a sucker for the colour red. Hence my screen name. It is both an Anura and red.

So, when I saw this Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBx6qvweP4U, I just had to ask, if, this Pantherophis guttatus was NOT manipulated, colour wise.

Thank you, all for your time and for looking. I am looking forward to everyone's responses. Lastly, if, this is a real colour mutation of Pantherophis guttatus can someone direct me to a breeder?

Thanks again.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
snowgyre
The color is off a bit in the video, but I believe due to bad light and not due to any manipulation. It would be hard to change the color of one and not the other. Quite an amazing saturation on that animal though. Would love to see it in person.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
The color is off a bit in the video, but I believe due to bad light and not due to any manipulation.
By a bit off, you mean making the specimen look "more red" then it actually is? That is what I assume you mean Glad to hear...well see..... it was not manipulated "on purpose".

Quote:
It would be hard to change the color of one and not the other.
That is very true. Just with all this "fancy" computer "stuff", I am just never sure what is "natural v.s. enhanced".

Quote:
Quite an amazing saturation on that animal though.
Ohh how I agree. Can I ask, for the best "examples" of the Blood Red colour mutation you have seen, whenever you have time? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Would love to see it in person.
You and me both.

Thanks for your time.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:54 PM   #4
Insomniac101
Gorgeous snake - I love the reds too! There may be some distortion of the color due to lighting, but probably not much.

Don Soderberg, at South Mountain Reptiles is working with some awesome red morphs - his cayenne fires, and cherry amels are incredible!

Check it out: www.cornsnakes.net

Kathy

Old 02-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
elena
I second that recommendation for Mr. Soderberg. When I was breeding corns, I got some amazing stuff from him including an incredible bloodred sunglow. Corns carrying bloodred can get amazingly bright.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Gorgeous snake - I love the reds too!
Glad to "hear", well see LOL, that I am NOT the only one that loves the color red.

Quote:
There may be some distortion of the color due to lighting, but probably not much.
Wow, what is the colour mutation shown in that Youtube? It is simply amazing! I want one similar to/like that.

Quote:
Don Soderberg, at South Mountain Reptiles is working with some awesome red morphs - his cayenne fires, and cherry amels are incredible!

Check it out: www.cornsnakes.net
I completely agree that Mr. Soderberg breeds some awesome red morphs. Do you happen to have picture's of the Cayenne Fire's and or the Cherry Amels? Since, I can not seem to find them on the above website. Or, could you direct me to photo's shown on website. Either way, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
I second that recommendation for Mr. Soderberg.
It is always great, in my humble opinion, to get various members positive feedback on a seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
When I was breeding corns, I got some amazing stuff from him including an incredible bloodred sunglow. Corns carrying bloodred can get amazingly bright.
I would LOVE to see picture's of the colour mutations you bred and mentioned.

Thank you all for your time.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
elena
https://www.cornsnake.net/index.php?...id=250&lang=en
There's a cayenne fire on that page.

Unfortunately, I don't have any older collection pics, as I have not worked with corns in many years.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #8
DLenaRuth999s
Don is absolutely wonderful. I have 3 corns from him. Not only are they lovely, they are very healthy and handlable. If you go to his site, go to snake of the day and search for your color morphs. They will come up. Also go to the for sale section. There you have the choice of hatchlings and surplus. For hatchling, they are organized by color, click on the color swatch of your choice. For the surplus, each one available is pictured. You can also contact Don through the site and describe what you are looking for... I have 3 on order with him now. HE ALSO HAS ONE OF THE BEST TOS IN THE BUSINESS. Great man, loves what he does.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:40 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Let's not turn this into a BOI thread about Don please...

Old 02-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #10
DLenaRuth999s
Sorry. Over-exuberant.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
webslave