Roach chow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
DragonLover0423
Roach chow

Anyone know if it would be good to grind up Zoo meds Adult bearded dragon food pellets for B. dubia roach chow? I heard of using dog or cat food but I don't think I would want my dragons consuming that.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
DragonLover0423
Anyone?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
DragonLover0423
This forum is like a ghost town

Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Helenthereef
I used to feed roaches on dry oatmeal........... don't know if that helps at all.....

Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
DragonLover0423
Thanks for the reply. Yea I have read that too. Just figured since my beardies won't eat the pellets, why not grind them up and gut load my insects with it.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
august quion
I don't know how many dubia you keep but that would get very expensive for me and 2000 adult dubia. This is what I do, i rase keep and breed my dubia on a mix of chicken feed, dog food, oatmeal, rabbit pellets ect ect all ground up. When it is time to feed the dubia to my dragons i re gut load the dubia im going to feed off for 2-3 days with fresh veggies and fruit and yes bearded dragon pellets work good also. This system seems to work good for me I have read that some animal proteins in dog and cat food are not good for dragons and chameleons.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Focal
I've used ground rat feed with no problems. Right now, I am using chick feed that was given to me by someone local and it raves. I think you can get it from a local tractor or farm/feed shop.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
hadenglock
I used Guinea Pig pellet food that you can get from pet stores, they are vitamin c fortified and i as water to it to make it into a mash and the roaches go crazy for it.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
DragonLover0423
Thanks for all the input guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!