Jungle Habitats Plastics- Alan Hall (Bad Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #1
gbcop
Jungle Habitats Plastics- Alan Hall (Bad Guy)

To start off with, here is a time line of events.
10/22/07-1854hrs- Order was placed for 12 slot 16qt Sterilite rack with Johnson Control Thermostat
10/22/07- Personal Check was sent to Alan Hall
10/26/07 1345hrs- Check was Received.
11/19/07 1318hrs- After not hearing from Mr. Hall since 10/26/07 and trying to get ahold of him NUMEROUS times by phone, was finally able to get ahold of him. After being advised it would be a min. of at least a week before the rack would be shipped I advised him to cancel the order. Mr. Hall advised he would have a check in the mail by the end of the next business day.
12/5/07 After not receiving refund from Mr. Hall, my fiancée called him inquiring where the refund was. Mr. Hall was advised to have a refund check in the mail the next business day and provide a tracking number or criminal charges would be pursued.
12/5/07 Placed order for new rack from mark venhorst @ www.boamaster.com
12/6/07 Tracking number was received from Mr. Hall.
12/11/07 Received Partial Refund
12/12/07 Received rack from mark venhorst

Now here is the entire deal. During the last part of October myself and my fiancée had been searching for a rack system as we were going to be purchasing a breeding “colony” of corns from a Herp show in San Antonio. We contacted Mr. Hall on 10/22/07 by telephone after we were unable to place an order for a single 12 slot 16qt sterilite rack with a Johnson Control Thermostat for $280 over his website. After speaking to Mr. Hall we were advised that he has a limited account with his credit card service and had received the maximum amount of credit card orders and that we would have to mail a check. I made it very clear to Mr. Hall that this rack was needed around the November 2,3,4 Weekend due to having already pre-purchased a number of animals. I was assured by Mr. Hall was if he wasn’t able to get the rack to me by November 2nd that it would at least be shipped out on the 5th and normal shipping time was around 3 days. After taking Mr. Hall for his word, a personal check was sent out the same day(10/22/07) due to his credit card account not accepting further orders.

On 10/25/07 I received an order update stating, “Jennifer, You rack will be ready to go out before I headed out of town next week. Likely I will ship it on the Friday Nov 2nd when I am leaving for the SC reptile show.” Myself and my fiancée had left town November 2nd to San Antonio for Randall Berry’s show. Which we had stayed overnight and had returned on November 3rd after the show. On November 6th when the order hadn’t arrived I tried contacting Mr. Hall. And continued trying to contact Mr. Hall, and was finally able to get ahold of him, via telephone on 11/19/07. After asking Mr. Hall where my rack was, Mr. Hall got extremely defensive and mad and began telling me that his mother had been in the hospital and that he had almost lost her. And began telling me that his mother comes first and foremost, and that his business wasn’t a priority during this time and he had no way to received phone calls or check e-mails. I expressed my concern for his mother, and reminded him that per his order update my rack should have been sent out on Nov 2nd before he left for the SC reptile Show. Mr. Hall had told me that the reason it had taken longer than expected was due to us sending him a personal check, and that he had to wait for the check to clear, and even went on to say that he has received bad checks from friends. I then reminded him that it wasn’t my idea to send a personal check, that he would have had his money the same day the order was placed on 10/22/07 if his account with his credit card company would have accepted further payments. Mr. Hall then advised me that it still wouldn’t of mattered, that he still had to wait for his builder, who computer cuts the plastic to have completed the order and that he had gone out of town. Mr. Hall then went on to tell me that my order was completed, but since his builder was out of town for Thanksgiving that it would probably be at least an additional week before my rack would be shipped out. I again explained that I now had to spend an additional $80 in Under tank heater’s for my snakes, because he hadn’t keep his end of the bargain. I then told Mr. Hall that I couldn’t wait any longer… That it would be almost a month before my rack would supposedly be here after it had been promised to have already been shipped out. And I then told him to send me a refund. Mr. Hall was extremely hesitant about issuing a refund, and told me that he couldn’t do that, that the rack was already built. I then told him either have my racked shipped out on 11/19/07 and provide me with a tracking number or send me a refund today. Mr. Hall again went on telling me that he didn’t have access to the rack, that he would continue trying to get a hold of his builder. I then told him then cancel the order since he was unable to keep his end of the bargain. Mr. Hall then told me that he didn’t have checks and wasn’t able to get a money order due to the local bank being several miles away from his residence. I then asked when he would be have a check or money order sent, and he that it would be sent no later than the next business day(11/20/07). After twelve(12) USPS shipping days and having not received the refund from Mr. Hall my fiancée was able to get ahold of Mr. Hall. Mr. Hall was advised that if he didn’t have a money order, and a money order only, no personal check out by the next business day with a tracking number that we would be taking steps to go about filing criminal charges. Mr. Hall advised that we didn’t need to do that and provided us with a UPS tracking #1Z4AR9470300716597. Today we received the refund check for $210 dollars, with a print out with a section highlighted stating that order’s not cancelled after the first 48hrs are subject to a 25% restocking fee.

Maybe I am being unreasonable, but when I trusted Mr. Hall when he told me that he would have my rack completed and shipped out, per his words “November 2nd” and it doesn’t happen, causing two of my Nelson Milks to have feeding problems while I’m trying to get their temp’s correct. Then after having to purchase $80 worth of heating equipment because he was unable to keep his end of the bargain, and then because of his extreme delay in send my refund, which BTW per his policy refunds will be sent out in 5 days. I had to put forth ADDITIONAL money to go with another supplier(mark venhorst
www.boamaster.com) for a rack. I do not think it is asking too much for Mr. Hall to refund the ENTIRE FULL $280. I have since attempted to contact Mr. Hall by e-mail to his e-mail address of info@junglehabitatsplastics.com. The following is the e-mail sent to Mr. Hall at his e-mail addy as well as sent by PM on 12-11-07 at 3:33pm to him here at Fauna Classifieds which I received a read receipt on 12-11-07 at 3:48pm and as of yet to receive a response from him. Anyway, here is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Mr. Hall.

“Mr. Hall,

I just wanted to drop a not to say we received the refund check, minus the $70 you STOLE from us, after the fact that you did not deliver the rack when you told me over the phone it would on 10/22/07(Delivery around Nov 5-6). You don't believe me?? LOOK AT YOUR ORDER DETAIL, an additional copy of which you sent to me, "Jennifer, Your rack will be ready to go out before I headed out of town next week. Likely I will ship it on the Friday Nov 2nd when I am leaving for the SC reptile Show". I continued trying to get ahold of you, and was FINALLY able to get ahold of you on the 11/19/07. You gave me the story about your mom, then blamed ME for sending a check is the reason the order was taking soo long.. When you were reminded I tried paying by credit card thru your website, and when it wouldn't let me I called you who informed me that you didn't pay your bill or something and that I would have to send a check in. You then changed the story again and told me, "Well, that still wouldn't have mattered because of the 14-21day delivery time."

Well I'm still at a loss sir as to why you would tell a customer that you would have the order ready in a specified time, when in fact you wouldn't. And to top EVERYTHING OFF I cancelled the order ON THE NINTENTH DAY OF NOVEMEBER 2007, and THE REFUND CHECK JUST GET'S HERE ON THE ELEVENTH DAY OF DECEMEBER 2007? My girl had to call and threaten to file on you on the 12/5/07 for you get around to getting the money you said you would have and sent out by 11/20/07. So 16 days went by before I actually received the refund check, minus the $70, that to be honest you STOLE from me since you couldn't keep YOUR end of the bargain.

So, Mr. Hall I am asking you refund the entire $280 dollars(additional $70) to close this matter and to call it good. If not I feel as if I am going to have to go forward posting FACTS as so that other people in the herp community will be well aware of your business practices, and not have to go through what I did.

Mr. Hall, if I do not hear from you by the end of the business day tomorrow(5pm CST), December 12th, 2007 I am going to go ahead and post my review of your company the appropriate places.

David Beaver”

After being lead on for soo long by Mr. Hall I honestly do not feel as if this is issue is going to be resolved by posting my experience with Mr. Hall and his company. But I would like for my issue with him to be out in the open. Thank you for your time.

David Beaver

Old 12-13-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
SPJ
Sorry to hear about this.

Here we go AGAIN.

Seems like a trend now with Alan giving BS lines to people, making them wait for products that never arrive, and then deducting money from them.

Deja Vu anyone?

Old 12-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
SPJ
Daivd, this sounds eerily familiar to what I went thru with him.
Here is the thread about it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ungle+habitats

Hopefully he will make it right with you but I seriously doubt it.

Alan, you NEVER made the rack, you NEVER shipped the rack, why STEAL money from a customer and claim it's a "restocking fee"?
You really have gone downhill. Definitely not the person I once would have recommended for people to buy caging from at all.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
ravensgait
Pretty sad, I almost bought some cages from him last year now I'm really glad I gave my money to AP instead.

Different states look at this different ways but If you can't provide an order on the date you say you will you have no right to withhold a full refund.

The guy is always throwing out his mother as the cause for any business problems he has.. Now I have no reason to believe she isn't ill but to use her as a constant excuse is really BS.. If your business doesn't mean that much to ya then fold it!!!...Randy

Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I'm really glad I gave my money to AP
Can't go wrong with AP. They treat their customers right and deliver quality products when promised.............................unlike other cage builders.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
KelliH
Yeah, Alan is not a good guy to buy cages from. A simple search here on the BOI would have shown that fact. I'm sorry you are going through this with him as others have in the past. Hey Alan, get your stuff together or get out of the cage making business, for crying out loud man you have become a joke!

Old 12-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
DThomas
This is about to fall off the front page. I would hate for that to happen before Alan had a chance to respond. Although, I have seen him logged on to Fauna atleast twice since this thread was started. The latest being just this morning.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
ravensgait
I guess finding his way to this thread is just as difficult for him as finding his way to his Shop and getting cages built. Randy

Old 12-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
gbcop
I'm still unsure if Alan actually builds the cages himself. When I first called and talked to him, he was telling me how he was almost through building a rack. Then when my cage never arrived, and was finally able to get ahold of him to get the story about his mother, he told me that he sent the order off to a guy who computer cuts the plastic and he hasn't received the cage from him

Probably will never know with if he builds the cages himself or has someone else builds them for him. With the lack of communication skills of Mr. Hall, will never know.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #10
gbcop
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Yeah, Alan is not a good guy to buy cages from. A simple search here on the BOI would have shown that fact.

Oh, believe me the BOI has now become my herp "bible". Only wish I knew about the BOI in October.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!