Greater Harrisburg Reptile Expo, Carlisle P.A. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #51
reptirus
Im looking forward to attending this weekend. It may be a newer show but it is held at a very nice place and seems to be run very well. I do not have enough to sell yet this season to constitute getting a table, but it is nice to have a quality show being run so close to home and I definitely plan on vending once I have more stuff to put on the table :-) Until then I still plan on attending every show

Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #52
ReptileKIngdom
some really cool stuff at the show

We have an outstanding amphibian availability for those frog lovers, check out the ad in the amphib section of the classifieds. Also we have a pair of chaco spiny lizards, one of only about 12 pairs imported from Paraguay. I have a hand selected pair with the most colorful male and perfect tails on both male and female, a really super rarely seen pair of lizards. If it is snakes you like, we have captive bred sunbeam snakes, almost never seen. Smokin jungle carpets, ball and boa morphs, tons of colubrids, and much much more. Hope to see you there.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #53
mikeyt
Really glad to see Reptile Kingdom is coming, as well as other vendors. This show has room to grow and still be comfortable for everyone. I also attend many other shows and it would be really nice to see some of these vendors at the Reading and Philly shows. They to have ample room to grow with plenty of room.

As a buyer I most definitely look forward to getting up close to a table and talking to the vendors before I buy. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #54
GHReptileExpo
What a wonderfully rainy day to spend with your family indoors doing something fun.. come down to the Greater Harrisburg Reptile Expo today and ask for $1 off admission. Tell the girls Eric sent you.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #55
cursedj
SO WHERE WAS EVERYONE YESTERDAY? this show will be gone real soon if it gets no support from the reptile community.....and that will be a shame because it offers everything that everyone gripes about ....

people through the door = more vendors .........

Thanks to everyone who did come out ,support and stopped to say hello....

Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #56
jntreptiles
I agree with Jamie. WHERE WAS EVERYONE ????

This venue got off to a real bad start and now finally has some good effort behind it with the new promoters, but I to feel that it will soon disappear with the lack of support from the reptile community.

Jamie is right, this show does offer everything for those who gripe about other shows, BUT,

Whats the old saying ? You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink.

For some of us, when oppurtuniy knocks, we open the door and walk on in.

Once again, Thanks to the promoters for their efforts, and especially to Adam from Nat Pet for all his time, sacrifices and dedication to this industry, so that we can continue to enjoy what we love.

Joe and Jeana

Old 03-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #57
reptirus
Sorry guys, Ill admit I dropped the ball on this one :-( I really planned on being there, but after spending more gecko money than I should have on 2 sweet pairs of geckos, I had to force myself to stay away from the show or I would have wanted to spend more :-( I see everyone is saying #s threw the doors were down, did the people who showed up at least make purchases though?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #58
dragonlvr64
I don't know if the flood warnings and the heavier rain kept people away or not but I really thought this one would be a whole lot better in terms of attendance.
The advertising was first rate. Saw it on every forum, saw full page ad in the Reptile magazine. Saw the guys out everywhere it seemed handing out flyers and talking to people.
I am not sure how sales were. I know my husband really contributed on that end!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #59
bkline
the set up was awesome yesterday, i thought the advertising was good but didnt do very well because of the water and all the shows within the 2month span in my eyes. there was such a wide selection of reptiles,supplies and feeders yesterday.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #60
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkline View Post
the set up was awesome yesterday, i thought the advertising was good but didnt do very well because of the water and all the shows within the 2month span in my eyes. there was such a wide selection of reptiles,supplies and feeders yesterday.
I agree, lots of good things to look at. Just needed the buyers and all would have been great.
Will continue to vend this show! I think it has so much potential and with all the guys working so hard to promote it, I hope the vendors continue to stand behind them.
Think good point was made that there were a lot of different shows going on in a short period of time and the bad weather, made for low attendance.
Next one is bound to be better! Don't give up guys!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!