Anyone heard of Phil Barnett of PC Reptiles? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:17 PM   #1
StickyTongues
Anyone heard of Phil Barnett of PC Reptiles?

Anyone heard of Phil barnett of PC reptiles? He has a good deal going on for albino boas but just sounds to good to be true. Atleast hes excepting credit cards and bank checks. Thats a plus. Easy to prosecute if it is a lie. Thanks!

Old 07-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
HRoss
It is not too good to be true. They only have one eye. Anything you produce with them will be worthless if you represent the parents honestly.

Those animals should be culled. There are too many one eyed albinos popping up for it to be considered a fluke anymore.
Howard Ross

please save an extra 4-500 dollars and buy a healthy one.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
Mickey_TLK
Howard hit the nail on the head.

One eyed albinos SHOULD NOT BE SOLD. In fact in my opinion they should be culled. Sure given away as "pets" in theory works, but even then breedings can and do happen on accident, and any offspring are a drain on the breeding population.

Anyone considering breeding albino boas in particular needs to be very particular about the stock they use for production. Anyone who truely cares about the animals they are working with WOULD NOT BREED INFERIOR ANIMALS, this weakens the line for everyone.

Please by all means buy a good animal, with both eyes. Do not fall for any "trauma" caused eyeless animals, or even one properly identified as geneticly eyeless.

If you would like help obtaining a good albino boa, feel free to contact me with the price your trying to pay. If your looking for a "pet" get a female, and you can save money that way.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:39 AM   #4
SPJ
They have 3.3 available from the same breeder and ALL 6 of them are missing an eye. That's genetic and these animals should NEVER be bred and these idiots should be smacked for advertising them as a "great for breeding to anery or salmons".

Old 07-26-2004, 01:50 AM   #5
StickyTongues
Just got an email from him. He said they were the result from inbreeding. Thanks guys for the advice. I keep my eye open for a albino male. Looking to spend no more than 900 for a good one if thats possible.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
HRoss
i think anyone that has posted so far would go out of their way to find you an albino in that price range. it is preserving their investments. i dread the day that one of my hets could throw one eyes ( and it very easily could, this is not even close to the first group of deffective animals).

the difference is now people should know that they are hurting boa breeders everywhere when they sell these. i have not called the seller anything negative; i hope he does not know what he is doing.

the new cyclopse albino: the morph of the future
howard ross

Old 07-26-2004, 02:50 AM   #7
nextworld3
Hi

Hi,

I agree with everyone else i saw that ad today and couldnt believe it. Great for breeding more like great for destroying the gene pool, yeah its a new morph A Cyclops Albino, should be 5000. i agree with - Smack them. lol!

I can help you out a little,
I have 1.1 Awesome albinos right now, They are pefect in everyway. They are from an Albino father to a het female. You can have either one for $1000 thats the best i can do on these guys. Heres a few pics of the girl the males pics are to big but you can see them at www.nextworldexotics.com/boas.htm .

Old 07-26-2004, 02:55 AM   #8
StickyTongues
I don't know why anyone in their right mind would breed sibling albinos. I hope I never come across anyone selling me one of those for full price. What a waste. Thank god for BOI.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:37 PM   #9
Iguanachic
Just for curiosity sake. I don't believe in putting animals down that have chance. How would they be as pets? I'm not thinking of purchasing from him, but is there a good chance there are other deformities underneath or could they be kept as pets?

Old 07-26-2004, 01:14 PM   #10
Mickey_TLK
In a perfect world that would be fine. However greed often overcomes peoples best judgement, and as such its hard to imagine the animals NEVER being bred.

Sadly reptiles often are passed from one owner to another. Lets say the first person buys the snake as a pet. Well 3 years later something happens in their lives, and they are forced to sell or give away the "one eye pet". Sadly chances are the next owner will breed the animal, thus polluting the gene pool with more inferior animals.

While it seems harsh to doom one animal due to a defect, its far more devastating to allow that inferior animal the chance to breed, and screw up the gene pool for everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!