Jungle Habitats: Alan Hall, the rest of the story - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Roger Jolly
Jungle Habitats: Alan Hall, the rest of the story

I can only assume someone sent me this for a reason, and that reason is to post this here. No I have never done business with Alan, and I would have to admit that there is very little chance I ever will. You can read this and make up your own mind about what to think about it. I just find it interesting.

Quote:
Subj: Kingsnake info from the hidden forum on fauna
Date: 8/4/04 12:02:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: .................................
Sent from the Internet (Details)

He guys well i just woke up noy long ago lol and made a phonecall to Texas ....

I spoke with Jeff and asked how his lawsuit was panning out right now, he said that currently they are about to come up with a settlement in the lawsuit for about 1/2 of what he sued for .I asked him if he would be interested in having something that could possibly win him the full $175k in the lawsuit if i could provide him something that could verywell seal the lawsuit with the info that was found on ahidden forum on the faunasite.He asked what i might have and said he would have to talk to his lawyer first as they were in the process of a settlement and would call me back after talking to his lwyer.i explained to him that while some of it could be seen as little vague there was some posts regarding the fact that how they could get people that typed in a S by mistake . this really got his attention and he said now that is more like a smoking gun then something vague cause that is why he filed the lawsuit . so right now im waiting for him to get back with me and then im going to dicuss what is in it for me lol cause i know right now that he is planning on settling for less then the $175k and i think if i could get him that full amount it might be worth something right ? i mean even if it gets him $5-$10-$50k morethen they plan to settle on .... i think thats would be worth something lol if nothing else even a the fact that he could win the 175k would be fact enough to me IMO to give someone something esp since a settlement like that could more then likely cause rich to have to shut down fauna if he looses this lawsuit and esp if its for the full 175K or more . anyways attached is the copypaste in MS word of the info that was most juicy on the kingsnakes.com info and then there is some info on when KS started banning rich's sites . let me know what ya think guys .

i think if he wants some info i might request that i get a full upgrade on my account to top status and possibly a lil "reward" for this info lol
---

Old 08-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #2
Laura Fopiano
Angry Huh, a hidden forum??

How cloak and dagger!! And I thought that the "dirty dozen" was enough!! What a crock of $hit!! I hope that Rich kicks butt because although I don't post a lot, this sight has been one of the best things to happen to the herp industry. I am a daily reader for almost 2 years now, and to have this sight shut down would be an outrage to myself and many others. Keep the faith and have fun at Daytona fella's!!

Old 08-12-2004, 05:24 AM   #3
WebSlave
I guess this is an opportunity for me to make a statement about the lawsuit.

Jeff Barringer and I have agreed to make a sincere effort to try to resolve our differences. I believe that this is all that needs to be said about it at this time.

As far as Alan Hall's email, and the "secret hidden" forum he refers to, this is a forum I set up where the moderators and myself can talk about issues in private and also discuss things that are better left out of the public eye while we are discussing them. I think every message board system has something similar, so it is no big deal. As for what it was that Alan saw that he approached Jeff Barringer about, I really don't know and really don't care.

How did Alan get access to that forum? A mistake on my part. When I discovered that Alan was deleting his posts and editing out those that he could not outright delete, thereby butchering the threads they were part of, I created a separate user group to put him into that would disable the editing and deleting functions of a regular member. It appears that this new user group had access to the moderators' forum as well.

As I said, my mistake. But I must confess that I am shocked and disappointed by the manner in which Alan acted with the information he took from that private forum. And in light of his apparent attitude about myself and this site, I am formally inviting him to leave and go elsewhere. To have someone wish financial damage and hardship upon me, and the demise of this site in the process, is rather disturbing to me, to say the least.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:42 AM   #4
gila7150
I guess that desperation can make a scumbag do some despicable things, huh Alan?
Those clunky boat anchors you're trying to sell as cages must not be doing too well if you're trying to profit from a lawsuit that doesn't even involve you. Even "top status" at Kingsnake won't help you sell those turds.

Old 08-12-2004, 05:45 AM   #5
Lucille
Webslave:

I am certain this is destined to be a long and emotional thread, and that many will show their support for you, as they should- you put a lot of time and effort so that we here may have a good site to come to with our reptile questions. This is an outstanding website, and as I have said in earlier posts, when I arrived here after many years away from reptiles, I found a group of people more than willing to help and give advice; I am grateful for all of those of you who took the time to help with my many questions.
I myself wish you only the best and continue to do so. Of course, I do not have the IPs and so on in front of my to be sure that what was said does indeed come from Alan, but if so I am horrified and disappointed that he would do such a thing to you.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:06 AM   #6
DAND
What's wrong with people these days? Is it normal to wish that someone looses something that they have obviously worked very hard for? Then want a piece of it as well.

What a piece of....!(well you all know what should come next but I don't want the warning points)

Rich, I wouldn't invite him to leave. I'd say don't let the door hit you in the butt. We wouldn't want his head to go in any further. Then again maybe a few more hits may put it back where it belongs but not likely.

And why all of a sudden does he want to delete all his posts? If you want off the ship, get off the ship, but you don't have to sink the rest of us because you want off.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:41 AM   #7
SpindleHead
Alan,

Way to be a back biting SOB. I hope you do leave this site as you obviously don't care for it or for Rich. Go on over to Kingsnake where you can hang out with losers just like yourself, you aren't welcome here anymore.

Chris Marston

Old 08-12-2004, 06:55 AM   #8
Bill_Leverton
DAMN I dont even Know where to start I left this site last night reading "HELL" And thinking Damn I can understand Alans thinking on business and thinking Roger Jolly only did it for the lime light To wake up to this To find that a man who I have never done business with But Respected and Admired Had turned Judas on someone he called Friend ..Alan.....FOR F**KEN WHAT ??
A fist full of dollars (maybe) from Jeff(lol) Dude I wouldnt count on any of it because in the real world people like you ...when they finish using you you will be discarded ...I hope you business fairs well after all this because as it sits now approx 75%(my guess) of the users here Do a search on who to to deal with and when your name comes up Guess whats gonna come up "This Thread" I dont speak for the masses but for myself and anybody I talk to will know of this so in closing Alan I wish you all the best in your endeavers and hope it was worth it ..... ......To Webslave Im sorry this happened to you and I hope You dont close this site down It is the best of the best and for it not to be here would be a loss to us all

Old 08-12-2004, 06:57 AM   #9
Bill_Leverton
Oppps Forgot sorry Roger Jolly In my way of thing and thanks for bringing this forth

Old 08-12-2004, 08:00 AM   #10
Casey Hulse
What a shock!

This really is a surprise. It is amazing how many dirtballs try to feed off this industry/hobby.
Rich, I am sorry, that this happened, I hope it turns around and bites Allen in the ass.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread