Bad Guy Phil Robbins and Jeremy Hargett ( jsh reptiles ) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #121
Chris Kennard
Oh no no...he (invertebrates manager) was too busy for a few days to help with the shipment. Sounds like a good excuse to me (wink, wink). Nothing more to see here folks. Move along now...

Old 10-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #122
filenamex5100
i think i originally told both phil and Jeremy to stop talking. seems Jeremy was smart enough to not dig himself a deeper hole.
phil just keeps digging. haha

Lucille ....good idea on the new thread with miamicracker in the tittle. that has now been created and linked directly to this thread.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:13 PM   #123
Chris Kennard
The partners are stearing clear of posts from Mr. Walker, myself and others with valid questions. Seems like Elvis has left the building.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:22 PM   #124
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by filenamex5100 View Post
i think i originally told both phil and Jeremy to stop talking. seems Jeremy was smart enough to not dig himself a deeper hole.
phil just keeps digging. haha

Lucille ....good idea on the new thread with miamicracker in the tittle. that has now been created and linked directly to this thread.
Seems the convenience of a "partnership" is the ability to pass the the torch. "Never sold anything to anyone, anywhere", was enough for me to form an opinion early on. Pass that torch bro. You guys are in this together. Let's save the best for last...

Old 10-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #125
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCracker View Post
He did not. He referred the 1 person that asked, to me. I in turn explained what happened. And that was that. If this little troll would not have started running his mouth and marking false claims, Jeremy would have referred him to me also but didn't have time as the troll want from 0 to 100 within seconds of his "sting".
From the posted conversations, between Jeremy & the OP, Jeremy *did* refer the OP, to you, in the beginning. Prior to going on, further, with what he had for sale (allegedly, A. togolensis).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCracker View Post
Yes I am. Just like he is the tortoise and turtle manager. (I don't really know much about them).

You didn't read the whole thread did you. Both of these were explained in the links to AB where I TOLD EVERYBODY THE 50 THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGOLENSIS WERE NOT TOGOLENSUS INCLUDING THIS LITTLE TROLL.
I did read the entire thread.
The conversation, between Jeremy & the OP, took place about one week after you posted the info that you have in all caps (above). A post you had made, on AB, after, as you stated, having opened the box and viewed it's contents (which, according to you, were just more H. hottentotta instead of any A. togolensis).

Since you have disassociated yourself from Jeremy (&/or having done business with him), by your answer to my question/s, then you are throwing Jeremy under the bus as being a liar and, perhaps, scammer.

Clearly, Jeremy stated he purchased the scorps, as A. togolensis, from you.
Also said that the paperwork stated the scorps were A. togolensis (so that is what he is selling them as).
Jeremy also admitted that he had offered A. togolensis, to another individual, prior to the the OP.

I suppose, according to you (via your answer to me), Jeremy must have lied to the OP and acted on his own.
Since that is the case, I wonder why it makes no sense that Jeremy referred the OP to you ... or that you said Jeremy would have referred the OP to you.

Yep, things to ponder.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:14 AM   #126
Chris Kennard
Deb, I truly wish I had your eloquence! That being said, Only one claimed partnership and disassociated himself from this deal from the get go and passed the torch. The supposed invertebrates manager and "damage control" spokesperson. Both silent now. Both guilty? I'm on the fence with little benefit of the doubt.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:15 PM   #127
filenamex5100
If i recall right, the comminucation i had with jeremy (which all took place on the same day) was the same day i talked to phil about togolensis still being offered for sale. If it were me in phils positions, i wouldve launched an investigation right away to find out more details and i wouldve asked the person emailing me to provide more details so i could get it fixed....rather than getting upset about a real issue that my name was involved in.
If by chance you trully did order the adds for togolensis to be removed and one was forgotten about, that couldve been handled in a better way with a "sorry about that....ill take care of it".

Its all too fishy and like someone said earlier.....the reason things happened so fast and the reason no togolensis were sold is because i opened my big mouth right away before anyone could purchase any (to my knowledge).
Anyone that knows anything about androctonus would be pretty excitd to see togolensis on US soil being offered for sale. Alot of those peoples logic and caution would go out the window due to excitment of getting a really rare scorpion at any price. Thats a recipe for alot of dissapointed buyers.

Im even shocked that since you started a thread on ab about togolensis and knew how rare they are that you or anyone else would even offer them for sale at $30 each. Even if they did arrive as togolensis, theres no way you would let them go for $30 each. Seems to me that the perfect scam would be to offer something that is really rare but offer it for a price that you could quickly make a buck but not ask too much where novice or beginner collectors couldnt afford...no matter how rare they are. Your mistake was offering a really really rare species that caught my attention right away and i knew it was going to be togolensis. Ive got news for you....if my german collectors dont have a species....that means noone else has that species. This was fishy from the first moment i saw the word togolensis in the original thread on ab.

As far as im concerned, 5the debate is over.
By phils own admission, either he and or jeremy are at fault and started a scam. Phil, rather than providing a reasonable explanation and calling names to anyone asking for facts, has buried himself and jeremy.

one of you lied to me and thats enough to cause this reaction.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #128
yeloowtang
Well this was an interesting read for sure, can't say I believe is explanation much either, not that he will care.. but I also don't believe he got a couple and decided to keep them..
bellow is a copy paste from two last posts on an arachnid forum, dated Oct
16th . What I see here is him telling everyone that he didn't get any of the rare togolensis.. had he received any, even a couple, he would have been way to happy to share with everyone that he got some and will be keeping them.. just another lie..

Oct 15, 2016 #12

Miami Cracker

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire

76 0 246 South Florida

sorry guys, going through 300+ scorps is tedious. I have what is supposed to be the togolensis set to the side (54 of them) will get to them tomorrow.
On a side noye I have over 200 Hottentotta hottentotta. :happy: Some just gave birth. so.......yeah.........I will post a for sale ad soon....lol.

Miami Cracker, Oct 15, 2016

Oct 16, 2016 #13

Miami Cracker

Miami Cracker

Arachnosquire

76 0 246 South Florida

Alas it was not meant to be. As soon as I opened the box all I saw was more H. hottentotta.
Dude swears he has togolensis but whatever. anywho.............who wants H. hottentotta?

Old 10-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #129
filenamex5100
I knew this whole situation was going to be a very confusing read. partly because in a way, I'm like a middleman that got involved because of suspicions I had. that maybe caused me to be a little unorganized and flying by the seat of my pants.

I want to say that I'm glad some of you were able to read and keep up and draw the right conclusion. I would assume how flagrant is in the eye of the beholder.
I do want to say that I'm greatful that others looking from the outside chimed in. you guys and gals had no vested interest in the matter and I feel that makes a big difference in making a judgement call.
id still like to know why phil said I got scammed so I'm butt hurt about it (or whatever words he used). I didn't buy, and never have, purchased or had any dealings with phil or Jeremy that I can recall. that being said....id rather live with the question as to why he asked that rather than deal with him coming in here again and name calling. that's a win win to me.

anyone reading this that purchased any scorpions from phil or Jeremy since mid October 2016, please chime in and share your experience in detail and please provide pictures of the scorpions you purchased (specially if you purchased them as anything from the genus' Androctonus and/or Hottentotta). that's important because you may not have the scorpion you think you have which could pose a safety risk to you and others.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #130
Bayshore_pets
So I would like to enlighten everyone here..... I think this is a case of miscommunication at its finest....
I myself actually imported these scorpions under MY federal permit for Jeremy...I actually did 3 separate importations during this time out of Ghana and Togo..I was the one who "requested" 500 androctonus togolensis for venom extractions....
Now, with that said..... What I requested and what we actually received were two different things...They were labeled and packed as Androctonus ssp....WHICH was wrong...All 3 separate scorpion shipments were in fact hotentotta... I spoke with USFW and declared these as THE WRONG SPECIES, as well as declared to them that they were packed not within IATA standards....My recourse was letting USFW know that I was NOT happy with my exporter and that I will NEVER again order scorpions from this individual in Africa ever again....USFW requested photos of the packing and pictures of the actual scorpions that arrived...(they were concerned that there may be emperor scorpions in the shipment, which there was not).
At the end of the day, ALL 3 shipments of "androctonus" were in fact identified and verified by ME as hotenttota, and I subsequently made Jeremy aware of this AFTER he had already placed an ad for them to sell(he actually thought they were androctonus, no crime there, honest mistake)....subsequently he did the right thing and took the ad down....I do not know who Phil is, and I only authorized Jeremy to collect the shipment from my broker in Miami after clearing customs..So phil is most likely someone who Jeremy maybe sold too as well or maybe its his business partner, idk and I don't care...what I do know is that if someone purchased these scorpions from Jeremy and they thought that they were androctonus, then they as well would most likely sell them as androctonus... This is a rookie mistake and SHOULD NOT happen, HOWEVER clearly it does! These scorpions were not represented maliciously or even with the intent to defraud anyone....It was a case of mistaken identity that did not get handled as fast as you would have liked....unfortunate...
I see zero reason to bash someone for this....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!