Rumors are not always true: - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
redneckchic2204
Rumors are not always true:

To all concerned,

We at east coast reptiles would like to make it public to everyone involved with talking bad about us or our show. There have been a lot of rumors floating around about us and i would like to clear the board and state what we have to say.
First off this quarrel with Tony Cueto we do not want to continue and did not want it to start. We are not trying to take tonys shows away from him nor are spreading lies about him. Half of the information we know about him came from people who have worked with him and are now saying we did it. We do half proof on a lot of the issues concerning him and they are all from him and his friends emailing us.
As for the vendors we do not want anyone to choose we feel you all should be able to do as many shows as you would like with out getting the hassle and should be able to do well at all shows. Without the promoter there would not be any shows and without the vendors there would be no shows.
As for our last show we made mistakes and do not blame anyone and did not put all the work on the people who were helping us. The work that they did fork out they chose to do and we tried to help but they chose to do it on their own. They also used to work for Mr. Cueto and then came to us and said Mr. Cueto mistreated them and they wanted to take him under, and in return he called them disgruntled employees and we have proof of that as well. Everyone makes mistakes and it is not right to listen to rumors that are not true unless you talk to who their about. For our next show we are trying to do something different. We will also get the advertisement out there as well. Every show is not going to be perfect and lord knows that. Although you may have done shows for years and years some shows still fail, for example Raleigh, from what we have heard from vendors and that is as far as it goes because we were not there.
For instance there are rumors going around about tony but that does not stop vendors nor attendees from going to the show. We should all stick to together to keep this passion for reptiles going so they do not continue to outlaw them. No one show promoter is going to be around forever and if a new one comes in to carry on what you have been fighting so hard to keep around you should help them.
We would like to know what we can do to make the shows better but if we do not hear from you then we will not know the ideas. We are far from perfect and will be the first to admit that. As for if you hear anything and have questions please ask us before you make up your mind.

sincerely,
lisa campbell

Old 05-08-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
Vince
I dont know about your show. But the ones in florida are pretty stale. Plus the prices are higher then pet stores.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
JMExotics
Lisa,
You fail to mention all your shortcomings, which are many. You do not listen to anything or anyone, IE: Forum rules, we are not in the BOI, you have to pay to post there. If you would have read those rules and disclosures you would know that. I also would like to invite you to TRR's War Room so we can talk about this matter un-"civily" since that's the way you want to go about this. In case your short bus forgot to pick you up today, it's thereptileroom.org and private message Gary about getting access to the War Room. As for all this "wa wa boo hoo they didn't let us do anything" cry-baby story, look at yourselves for just one minute and ask yourself... would you want yourself making any decisions regarding a show? which might I add, Columbia was you FIRST show.. You have never even steped foot into another show in your life, let alone know how to sex a 9ft boa constrictor..

This is all I have to say on this matter. if you have any spines what-so-ever I will see you in the War Room.

Sincearly,
Jason VanderWaal
J & M Exotics

Old 05-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #4
Southerncat
Long and Hard

Lisa and Jason
I have thought long and hard about responding to you. I am not and I repeat I am not going to get into a pi***** duel with you. But there are a few things that I have to say.
1) You both need to show what you did for the April show. Can you provide and receipts other than the rent for the temple, ad that you did with Ghann's in Reptiles Magazine and the Insurance? You and I both know you can't! We have ALL the receipts for ads, fliers, supplies, ECT.
2) How many of the sponsors did you contact? 2 those being Ghann's Crickets and Aiken Feeder Food!
3) How many vendors did you keep in contact with more than 1 or 2 times? Post proof!
4) How many times did you call me telling me to re contact the vendors because "someone was causing trouble"?
5) We never said Tony did anything wrong to us. We told you two repeatedly not to mess with Tony! If you have proof otherwise then post it!
6) We received a forwarded email that you had sent to someone stating that we worked for you. If that is the case then you owe us money for what we did. You and I both know how hard we worked on this show. And never got the recognition for it. If you do not plan on paying us what we are owed then what we did was sponsor you. Put our link back on the show site as sponsors or take all sponsors that we off! Simple enough for you?
7) Explain to me/us what you did that we re did and the reason why?
8) We are not slandering you. What we have stated is the truth and we have EVERY email from the very first one. Do you want to post email for email? I am ready any time you are.
9) I do agree with you on working together for the reptile industry. But what you fell to see is that you might want to learn a little more about the animals that you own and how treating people with respect works.
10) You fell to tell everyone why there were no radio ads for the show! Would you like to explain that to everyone?
There is so much I would like to say but this is neither the time nor the place for it!

I hope you have learned something from this whole deal. And wish you well in life.

To the Webslave and mods of this forum: I apologize for letting this go on in the wrong forum and request that this thread and the others pertaining to this subject be moved to the proper forum.

Sincerely,
Cathy Elrod

Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #5
Vince
I think it would be unfair to move this to the BOI becuse then she would have to pay to defend herself.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
Southerncat
Vince
If they move it to either BOI or Hell all they have to do is email webslave and ask for permission to defend themselves. I think hell would be the proper place because it will get heated but its webslave's call.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
redneckchic2204
vince first of all thank you for defending us. to cathy and her family we also have the emails and people who have contacted said it was a lot better than raleigh as for the receipts you made up excuses to keep them and would not let us have them and for your information we contacted all the vendors. you said this is not the time or place but yet you have done nothing but slam us on this forum then you and your kids sit there and call us names and say we ride on the short bus how mature is that. we admitted we did make mistakes on this show and did not blame anyone and apparently you did not read that. yes i have the emails where tony called you disgruntled employess and the emails that you supposedly sent to his pals. as for sexing my female i did but wanted to double check it and i suppose you all learned the minute you hit air on how to do this. im not perfect but neither are you and there is quite a bit of people who did not appreciate you emailing them and talking bad about us. we are merely stating our side of the story and thats it we named no names except for tonys name and we were not even slamming him either. we should not have to explain anything to anyone we stepped up and stated the show could have been better and what not. as for the other shows that have gone on since then you talk to vendors because we had them call us telling us that they sucked compared to ours although we might have had less people. i said what i had to say and if he chooses to close this thread down than so be it im not going to do this petty childish crap because next thing you know there will be more name calling and i wanted to deal with that than i would go back to first grade. if you have a problem with us and want to discuss it like the proffesional adults you say you are than we will but not in public due to it being nobody elses business. as far as other people are concerned if they listen to rumors and what not and then meet us and realized we are laid back people then thats their business and if they can not make choices for themselves and learn for them selves than i dont know what to tell them. as for people causing trouble at the show you called us with the first incident now if you would like to bring our personal life into as other people have go ahead. that makes you look even worse. as for vendors if they had a problem with the show than they know they can make suggestions and contact us. if they do not then thats on them.
have a nice day,
lisa campbell

Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
Southerncat
Lisa Lisa Lisa

Lisa
I do have a reply to your last post but unlike some I will follow the rules of this site and will not post again on this site until it is moved. You only answered one of my questions in my prior posts, wonder why? You have been invited to TRR to discuss this further. And John will receive the info HE requested this week!

Enough said!

Old 05-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
Vince
I am not really defending you, becuse I dont know the whole situation just whats in this thread. I do feel like it would be unfair for this thread to be moved to an area of the site where it would cost money for you to post. Good luck straighting out whatevers going on. Take care.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #10
Wilomn
Vince, pay attention as I am sure this has been pointed out SEVERAL time previously.

If someone starts a thread about a NON-member here, someone who has NOT paid to post on the BOI, that person, the NON-member, can email Rich and ask for a 30 day waiver of the fee to post in their defense. If the thread goes on longer than 30 days their waiver will be extended INDEFINATELY.

THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

Time to start a thread on the BOI and get out the facts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!