Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #51
KCRD.com
Missing: 5500 Attendees!

I forgot to mention that since the show sucked so bad Friday and Saturday Kellie was confronted by one of the vendors about the missing attendees that were promised. Her reply was that they didn't know how to get to the convention center and that her phone was ringing off the hook from all the presold ticket buyers trying to figure out how to come to the show.

Can you say H-O-R-S-E C-R-A-P!

Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #52
Michael Jacobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boasnkc
I forgot to mention that since the show sucked so bad Friday and Saturday Kellie was confronted by one of the vendors about the missing attendees that were promised. Her reply was that they didn't know how to get to the convention center and that her phone was ringing off the hook from all the presold ticket buyers trying to figure out how to come to the show.

Can you say H-O-R-S-E C-R-A-P!

I got this same story! How they can look into the eyes of somebody who has been in the business over 20 years (me) and make such a ridiculous claim is beyond me. That punk Troy told me "if you're going to call me a liar, do it to my face". Of course, I then leaned over the table glaring at him and said (with added profanity) "You are a lying punk!" That's when he ordered me off the premises (even though I was already almost completely packed!).

Cheers, Michael

Old 07-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #53
Michael Jacobi
Exclamation Board Of Inquiry Thread

I have started a thread in the BOI forum
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?p=287615
Please briefly comment there as you wish.

People like this need to be exposed so that even their use of aliases doesn't permit them to rip others off. (I only wish I would have photographed them).

Cheers, Michael

Old 07-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #54
Michael Jacobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Howell
Michael,

When I tried to get into their website, it has mysteriously disappeared from cyberspace.
Hi Sherry,

It's still there:
http://www.nashvillereptileshow.city...ge/2049266.htm

I believe the cricket seller that they shafted with over 400 boxes of crickets and a lie about his exclusive right to sell crickets did the site for them. I have a feeling he will not remove their lies from public viewing. If anyone has his email address please contact him and ask him to leave it as evidence.

Cheers, Michael

Old 07-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #55
Sherry Howell
Thanks, Michael. I clicked it again and it finally opened up. It had been giving me an error page.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #56
Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinc
What do you mean a sissy cell phone ring? I take exception to that!
You gotta love me darlin'
Stoney

I love ya Stoney....

Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 PM   #57
Old dog old tricks
Wow, some things don't change I am from near Troy's home town in California. I hate to admit it, but we were friends years ago, before I really got to know him. I actually stumbled upon this thread as I was "googling him" to see what he was doing as i heard a rumor that he had a recording contract with a country music recording studio out there in TN. I would like to say I'm surprised by this, but that statement would be as false as the things he reportedly stated about the show. Saw the web site too as well as a write up in the Tennessean.com
Link

BTW if ya need a pic there is one there of both of them. I have never met Kellie nor do I have anything to say about her as I believe statemets of character need to be made based on personal experience. However, I could go on for hours about TW. Perhaps it's best that I don't as it appears all you good people have plenty of your own to reflect on.. I regret that I didn't do the search earlier. I might have been able to save some of you the trouble that was caused, or at least made you all more informed about his history. I really had hopes that this time he had turned things around. He's a very personable guy, and was quite successful in things that he didn't hork up with his (I'm sure now patented form of) BS. Sadly, it was a rare occasion indeed, when his BS didn't get in the way.

Well I guess its safe to say that this is still his best move.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #58
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind
Note to future show promoters:

Make sure boasnkc pays for their table in advance.

Steve
Steve:
There were others that didn't pay for their tables yet you pick on one person. Maybe you can't read. Maybe you shouldn't be sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. Maybe you're related to Kellie & Troy therefore agree with what they did.

I'm sure you would have paid for your tables when you're out hotel money, gas money, food money, and more all based on a bald faced lie. Yeah thought so.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #59
ms_terese
Quote:
Saw the web site too as well as a write up in the Tennessean.com
Interesting article. Did Roark Ferguson speak at the show?

Old 07-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #60
Sherry Howell
Roark did presentations each day. He was right next to us. I found him to be a friendly person and he had a sweet green burmese.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread