Atlanta show vendors - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #11
sheffy22
So are you saying the Atlanta show is going to be a bad show, I really hope not because I look forward to it all year long. But on a possitive note the new place is really really nice.
JOHN S.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:28 AM   #12
audrypayne
No one said it's going to be a bad show. But it's not going to be as big as most people would expect. Too many people are going to be upset when they go to the Gwinnett Center for a reptile show that's not there. All the advertising was done for the Gwinnett Center. Including Reptiles Magazine. And a lot of people don't have(or want) the internet. If you attend the Atlanta show, I hope you have a great time.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:43 PM   #13
SCReptiles
I went on to Tony’s website (http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/ga/) this morning to get directions and noticed it had been moved from the normal location to the AmericasMart in Downtown Atlanta. I checked on the AmericasMart website and noticed that the show was not listed. I emailed them and received and email back saying there was no reptile show scheduled there. I went back to Tony’s site and cut and pasted the section listing them as the venue and emailed it back into AmericasMart. This time I received a phone call back from the booking rep. She assured me that the website was incorrect and there would be no reptile show there this weekend. Not long after speaking with her, I spoke to Tony on the phone. He assured me that she was mistaken and the show was on for there. After hanging up with Tony, I then received a call from the Vice-President of AmericasMart. He told me that beyond a shadow of doubt, there was no reptile show there this weekend. He says he is the man who writes the contracts, and no contract was ever written for this. He said he talked with Tony several times and they wanted to get the show in, but it could not be arranged on this date. He also says he made Tony aware on Friday there would be no show. I checked back at the old Atlanta venue just in case, they are booked with another show. As of right now, I do not believe there is going to be a show at all this weekend. If anyone else has better or more up to date information, please let is know.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
JMExotics
Oh Man... COME ON TONY GET REAL AND TELL THE PEOPLE BEFORE THEY WASTE MONEY COMING TO A SHOW THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Stop playing games with these people!

Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #15
audrypayne
THANK YOU! SCReptiles for your very informative post. If I say anything about any shady dealings from a show promoter, I get questioned. I've chosen not to vend any more of his shows because of all the misrepresentation. His shows used to be totally awesome. But lately have lacked in attendance of vendors & attendees. I'm glad someone other than myself has the nerve to come forward.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #16
MatthewK
As of 11-11-05 the Atlanta Reptile Expo is going to take place at a new venue.

The venue will NOT be the Gwinnett Civic Center, the new venue is the America's Mart in Downtown Atlanta!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...2s=GA&2z=30303

Hope to see you all there!

Old 11-14-2005, 09:32 PM   #17
audrypayne
Sorry to tell you this Matthew, but you need to scroll up to post #13 by SCReptiles & read it. As of 11/14/05

Old 11-15-2005, 06:32 AM   #18
audrypayne
Better yet, call the AmericasMart & see what they tell you about the reptile show.
AMERICASMART-ATLANTA
240 Peachtree Street
Suite 2200
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-220-3000 or 800-ATL-MART

Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #19
SCReptiles
As of 11/15/05 1247pm

Old 11-15-2005, 01:01 PM   #20
audrypayne
The only right thing for us to do is try to notify the vendors that the show is cancelled. We also need to let the general public know. I'd be highly upset if I made the trip & found NO Show, as a vendor or attendee.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!