Atlanta show vendors - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #41
audrypayne
Well at least people know the truth about him now. I've always liked Tony as a person. But lost a lot of respect for him after his last Raleigh show. He tried to convince me that it was his best Raleigh show ever, when in fact it was his worst. Only around 5000 through the door & way too many empty vendor booths. Then telling all the lies about Cathy & making it public only added to my lack of respect to him. What really got me was that some very smart people actually believed his BS. They actually turned on me because I questioned his business tactics & honesty. No, Cathy never had a show that brought 15,000 attendees through the door. But all her shows have been advertised & promoted honestly. He had 75 vendors listed for the Greenville show, and we all know that only about half of those vendors had registered. He lied about the advertising as well. Some of the attendees didn't even know about the Greenville show until they picked up one of his half page fliers that Cathy allowed to be distributed at her show. I'll no longer be vending his shows. I've had enough of it. I kept returning as a vendor hoping things would improve, when in fact it only worsened. All I can do at this point is wish him the best of luck in the future.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #42
Southerncat
Hey Roark...you gettin slow or are ya just gettin old? j/k

Old 11-16-2005, 05:26 AM   #43
bigsnakedaddy
Question not the age of the man when he is the Man of the Age!

Old 11-16-2005, 05:47 AM   #44
audrypayne
The last time that I saw Roark, I thought he had a sparkle in his eyes. After closer examination, I realized that it was just the way that the lights were reflecting off his grey hair.
Don't cry Roark. For you are like a fine wine- you get better & better with age.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:58 AM   #45
Southeastern Shows
The Atlanta Show

Although I do not visit the threads, after there had been a rumor that a show had been canceled in the past which was not, I posted on our website that if there ever was a situation where a show had to be canceled or postponed, I would list the information on my website and in newsgroups. I did not imagine the situation would happen but felt it was important to have a policy established.

It is with deep regret that I unfortunately have to announce that the Atlanta Reptile Show which is scheduled for November 19 and 20, 2005 has been postponed.

I heard of an email from the venue and could dispute the facts, as can Sandy Quinn of Reptiles Magazine who spoke with Brian Quirk, the Executive Director Friday evening at length. However, this is a mute issue because as the show director, I am responsible and the therefor the individual that should be blamed and is responsible and take full responsibility for the show not ocuring this weekend . I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this has caused any vendor or attendee and I mean it very sincerely.

I apologize for this posting being brief and will followup on our website tomorrow with more information and details. It is such so that we can complete various avenues to inform everyone including labeling, stuffing, mailing out by this afternoon letters to 4000 people on our mailing list which is very labor/ time intensive.

Please check our website, www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com tommorow for the new show information. If you have any questions or concerns, I request you give us until tomorrow so we can concentrate on informing everyone and updating the website with the new information and then feel free to email Atlantareptileshow@yahoo.com or call me. My office and cell phone are both listed on the contact page of the website.

A big THANK YOU to so many of the vendors that I spoke with today that were so kind and willing to help in what has been the worst two days of my life.

Very sincerely,

Tony Cueto
Southeastern Shows

Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #46
audrypayne
Hey Tony,
I appreciate your honesty on this matter. You have gained some of the respect back. I wish you the best of luck on your new Atlanta show.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #47
bigsnakedaddy
Hey Audrey, Chuck, and others
Congratulations on your most thoughtful posts. There is much Kharma in the air. I remember 3 cardinal rules:

1) Respect for self.
2) Respect for others
3) Responsibility for ones own actions.

There has been much animosity displayed these past few months among promoters. Some warranted and some not. I as many others would like to see all of us join together in a spirit of forgiveness and unity to resolve these petty and wasteful time consuming matters. It would be easy for any of us to fix blame and point out wrongdoing. At this time I would like us to fix instead the problem. In this spirit I am declaring a truce, yes a cease fire amongst the troops in a sincere (hopefully not sincerely wrong) effort to bring peace so that vendors, show promoters, and attendees can operate under the tenants of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To this end I ask that all of us vendors/promoters/attendees alike support whomever/whenever for whatever reasons/choices we make without the ridicule or undue influence of others. There has often been much restraint, reason, and kindness demonstrated in this forum and I for one would like to see that continue. There are surely hurt feelings to be soothed and justifiable frustration and anger to be addressed. I intend to join a fragmented group of wonderful people together in a common cause to represent the reptile industry and showcase us in a professional manner. An undertaking of this magnitude requires much deliberation, cooperation, and the help of many. I am asking for that help and am depending on that help to achieve success. There will be many triumphs and failures, major and minor, for us all. Whether mercy or consideration is merited or not I ask for all to help in the reparation process. I am asking for the good of this industry for all of us to exercise restraint now that things are out in the open. I am going to work diligently to bring promoters together in that spirit. Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you......

Old 11-16-2005, 11:15 AM   #48
audrypayne
Talking

Hey Roark,
I've already made my peace with Tony. And you're right(for once
This is not only the season for Thanksgiving, but forgiving as well.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #49
RepFan
Hey Roark,
I couldn't agree with you more. I hope know we can all work together or at least do our own part to better this hobby for the enthusiasts, vendors,and promoters and strive for the professionalism this hobby so desperately needs if it is to thrive. Let us all remember why we are in this hobby and use that as the tool to strive and keep this hobby going in the right direction. How can we expect the legislatures to endorse this hobby we are all so passionate about if we cannot even get along with one another?
~Todd

Old 11-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #50
SCReptiles
Roark, Cricket, Tony, would you guys like me to go onto price line and get you a room? Enough already! You all are acting like hippies at Woodstock. Can’t we all just get along. Free love man!

Anyway, just a reminder to all you guys that have already made arrangements to be off from work, etc to attend a reptile show. The Dixie Reptile Show in Birmingham is on for Saturday. I have spoke to Terry and everything is a go over there. With the Atl show being a bust, I expect more venders then usual. I will be there, hope to see some of you.

http://www.dixiereptileshow.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!