Atlanta show vendors - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #51
audrypayne
Group hug Chuck. And your invited.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #52
SCReptiles
if its just you and i, you can count me in....if roark and tony are invited, i will have to pass. =)

Old 11-16-2005, 08:02 PM   #53
audrypayne
Next time I see you, I'll be glad to give you a hug!

Old 11-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #54
rabernet
Hi all! I'm relatively new to posting here on Fauna (although I've been lurking and gleaning good information since July when I got my first ball python).

Anyway, I had planned to attend the show this weekend, and I was told by someone else that it was being moved to downtown.

Today I got an e-mail from them that the dates have been changed and the location moved. I went to the website and it's for December 3rd and 4th and will be held at the Cobb Galleria.

I had not seen anyone post that yet, so I wanted to let folks know when and where it would be now.

This would be my first show that I've attended, I was hoping to find a vendor to buy a set of sexing probes from. I really hope there's still a good turn out, but I'm a little hesitant to spend the money to go in if there aren't going to be many vendors.

Robin Abernethy

Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #55
audrypayne
Yes, it has been rescheduled & moved. The website is currently being updated. Check it out at:
http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/ga/index.html
As far as the vendor turnout, you'll just have to go & see. With the date change, some vendors may not be able to make it. However, on the same token, some vendors that could not make the original date may be available for this one. I personally know some of the vendors that will be there. It should be worth your while to at least give it a shot. You'll find a great variety of reptiles & supplies. And I'm sure that after reading your post, there will be probe sets available.
Don't forget that Christmas is only 3 weeks after the show. Perfect opportunity to buy friends & loved ones wonderful, unusual gifts.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #56
rabernet
Thanks Audrey! I noticed your from NC, I was raised in Jamestown and went to UNC-CH before moving to Atlanta area. Hi fellow TarHeel!

Anyway, I will definitely have to check it out then. My plans were to buy a probe set and hoped that perhaps someone there could show me the proper way to probe and then I would also take my probe kit with me to the vet with my little guy and have him teach me as well. (After all, I'd love to know if he's actually a she!)

That way I can also be on the look out for nice surrendered animals at local pet shops and identify if they are female or not. I hope to get into breeding on a hobbyist level in another few years while I continue to learn all that I can in the process. But of course, I'd like to start adding some females. By the time I'm ready to breed, all the new additions will have gone through quarantines and had time to fatten up over a few years.

Ooops, sorry for the OT ramble. I'll hush now and keep my eye on that website to make sure there aren't additional last minute changes.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:35 PM   #57
SCReptiles
Ok, Audry, you have my attention. ha ha. I hear there are a ton of people who are looking to get breaderd dragons over in Birmingham on Saturday. I think you and Amanda should load up and head over! =)

Robin, I am a dealer for Midwest. They make the best equipment in the business. Go to their website and decide what you want. I can order them for you. if I don’t get down that way before, I can have them for you at the show and show you there how to probe. Its not very difficult. I am in Atlanta on a regular basis, so I could probably deliver them beforehand. The URL is www.Tongs.com if you didn’t know already.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #58
audrypayne
Thanks Chuck,
But I really need some time off from the shows. I've been all up & down the east coast from Hamburg Pa. to Fla. doing them back to back for about 6 months or so. And I've even done the Birmingham show before. That show is great for the local people, but wasn't big enough to make me want to drive 9 hours one way again.(And for Terry Heuring, I'm not knocking you. I'll be back.) I promised myself that after Greenville, I'd take a much needed break. My next show is in Hamburg again, December 3rd. This has to be the second biggest show in the east, next to Daytona. But this is only a one day show.
Yes, believe it or not. The shows can run you down if you do enough of them.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #59
rabernet
Thank you for the link, I was not aware of them. I had been looking at www.beanfarm.com so far. I'll take a look and let you know!

We drive to Chattanooga for weekend get aways a few times a year, so you're not that far from me!

Thanks so much and I'll let you know about the probes! Is there one that you would recommend for a new person coming into the hobby? If I didn't specify before, I've been bitten HARD by the ball python bug!

Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #60
SCReptiles
Cricket, I am relieved. I was afraid you would actually show up and be on the website Sunday morning saying, Chuck misrepresented the Birmingham show. Ha ha ha.

Robin, you are welcome at my home anytime. I actually live in Kensington, GA. I have a collection of about 130 snakes right now. We can probe till your heart’s content. On the probe set, Midwest offers a few options, and this is not a sales pitch, I would go with the most expensive set. http://www.tongs.com/shop/index.php?GrID=40&PrID=122 this is the only set I know with ridged handles. I only use my own saliva or water as a lube for probing. On all other probes I have difficulty maintaining a gripe for the “smooth” “slow” spin that is necessary for proper probing. This is the set I have, after you have used them, you would not want to use any other. I am going to do my last order of the year in two weeks, so let me know. If you make it up before then, I have another set they offer, you can compare….but I am sure you would want the 8 pc. Also, if you are free on Saturday, I will be at the Birmingham show. I will have my set with me, as I am looking for some certain gender animals. You can take a look at them then and help me probe a few there. its about a two hour drive for you, but probably worth it. Since Tony had to postpone his show, I am expecting a bigger vender turn out for Terry’s.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!