The new Atlanta show schedule - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
audrypayne
The new Atlanta show schedule

http://www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com/ga/index.html

The Atlanta's show page is currently being updated with all the new information. With all the publicity this show has received, it's sure to be a great show for vendors & attendees.

Old 11-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
SCReptiles
The new venue looks good and its even closer to my home….however, if Tony wants to be a success he needs to dump Jeff Mohr and his venomoids and get Roark back in that spot.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
audrypayne
Everyone knows that I'm against venomoids & a Roark fan. But Tony has only had Mohr for a short time, He'll have to use his own judgement on this issue.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
SCReptiles
Yes, that is true….but for the man to make properly informed decisions on his show, he needs honest feed back. Among our community, Mohr is not taken seriously by many. And as far as the general public, he is boring. It would be more entertaining to watch fruit flies copulate then to watch his show. With the possible exceptions of Irwin and Corwin, Roark is the greatest reptile entertainer on the market. Mohr needs to be performing at the women’s church auxiliary not at a nationally acclaimed reptile expo. If you want to be the best, you must work with the best.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
OBES
The directions to the new venue are up and there is new hotel information on the "hotel" links page. Also, all VIP tickets that were issued for the cancelled show WILL BE HONORED at this show.

I know OBE will be there, now, who else is going to be there?

Old 11-19-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
audrypayne
I won't be able to make it. I'm already scheduled for Hamburg. My husband is looking forward to adding Maryland & Pennsylvania to the list of states he's been in. He never had the opportunity to travel until I started doing the shows. I think the Atlanta show will be even better than the originally scheduled show. With all the added publicity, it's sure to gather a huge crowd. Best of luck to you OBE in Atlanta. I'm sure that you'll do well. See you in January.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #7
OBES
Thanks Audry....good luck to you in Hamburg....be careful getting there and we will see you in January.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #8
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Just a quick fyi, as of this morning, according to the Cobb Galleria the date is reserved for Tony's show, all he has to do is pay in full and sign the contracts. However, as I have been informed also by the Galleria, if payment is not received in full by next Friday, the show will not be happening there. For the vendors' sakes, I hope all goes well with the show and that all the vendors make out like bandits.

Also, I want to inform everyone that there WILL be an Atlanta show next year. The GA Herpetological Society, after taking several years off from doing shows, has decided to start them up again. I cannot give details about the location at this time(due to not having locked in the venue solid yet), but I can say that a venue is being booked for the second weekend in November of '06. Keep an eye out for more detailed information in early 2006.

Now, onto another matter regarding Tony Cueto and his new Atlanta dates:

The Cobb Galleria does not regularly allow animal shows. A board member of the GA Herp Society contacted them as a possible venue recently. As some of you may remember, that is the location we used for our shows from '96-98, and they were very good to us. The Galleria told us we could be "grandfathered" in to do our show for next year if indeed we had decided to use them once again. Well, after our board member's conversation with the Galleria, Tony called about using the venue for his Dec. 3-4 show. Now, this is not a problem of course, however, when there was mention by the person Tony spoke with of the GHS plans for next year, he immediately claimed to be the "Marketing Director for the GHS." Now, we do not have a marketing director and outside of the GHS having set up native display tables at Tony's previous Atlanta shows, we have nothing to do with Tony Cueto or Southeast Exotic Animal Shows. He is not licensed to use our name nor is he an agent for us or speak on behalf of the GHS in any way(he is not even a member). He blatantly misrepresented himself as being a part of our organization to get into the venue(the President of the GHS has been directed to this thread as he has more face to face on this situation). The GHS has already spoken again with the Galleria as well as every other large venue in the metro Atlanta area informing them that though we are putting on a reptile show next year, we are in no way afilliated with Tony's ventures and that Tony is not afilliated with anything we may be putting on.

Now, assuming Tony pays up on time, there WILL be a show this year(the Galleria had already commited to him thinking he was speaking on behalf of the GHS), and I really do wish everyone does well, including Tony. However, I just want to make it perfectly clear that the GA Herpetological Society as an organization is not involved in Tony's dealings, nor is he in ours. We will not be setting up a native display at his show this year, nor are we likely to anytime in the near future. Should there NOT be a show for some reason, it is not the fault or intention of the GHS or any of its members that Tony's show not happen.

Thank you very much,

Robert Hill
Board Member GA Herpetological Society

Old 11-21-2005, 07:09 PM   #9
JMExotics
Looks like he has done it YET AGIAIN!!!!!!!!! And some of you people really want to support him? Oi

Old 11-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #10
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Tony called about using the venue for his Dec. 3-4 show. Now, this is not a problem of course, however, when there was mention by the person Tony spoke with of the GHS plans for next year, he immediately claimed to be the "Marketing Director for the GHS." Now, we do not have a marketing director and outside of the GHS having set up native display tables at Tony's previous Atlanta shows, we have nothing to do with Tony Cueto or Southeast Exotic Animal Shows.

Honestly who does he think he is? Tony is nothing but a scam artist now, his shows might have been good in the past.

He is a liar. Plain and simple. Just wish some of you would open your eyes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!