Fl.International Reptile Show? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #71
homegrownherps
I know there were vendors on his list that weren't actually there and never had any intentions of being there.

I know if my name was on that list and I had no intentions of being there, I would raise a fuss to have my name removed; especially from HIS vendor list.

I am curious to know why the vendors that weren't at the show allowed Tony to leave their names on the list.

They can't possibly need advertisement that bad....can they ?

Old 04-25-2006, 04:47 AM   #72
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps
I know if my name was on that list and I had no intentions of being there, I would raise a fuss to have my name removed; especially from HIS vendor list.

I am curious to know why the vendors that weren't at the show allowed Tony to leave their names on the list.

They can't possibly need advertisement that bad....can they ?
Seems to be the norm for some promoters to play the same game. I was vending one of two shows that were occurring on the same date in the same state, not an hour from one another. I was told the one promoter copied the vendor list from the show I was vending and added our names to their vendor list. Had I seen that and been able to copy it there would have been a BOI thread started very quickly by me.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #73
Suncoast Herpetological
I am still having trouble believing that not a single member here has posted a first hand review of the show.....SOMEBODY must have attended.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #74
homegrownherps
If you go to his show website , I belive thats the list of all the people that showed up for the show ( 14 of them )

Old 04-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #75
homegrownherps
Although some of them may be made up, like the vendor list

Old 04-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #76
eric adrignola
I'm surprised there has been nobody posting anything about the show.
I know people went, so I'm surprised there's no posts.

I'd like to know how it went. I was talking to a few people that were
planning on stopping by or vending, but no word from them as of yet.

This week, I have a presetnation to give for the NC Herp Society, at
their spring meeting in Asheboro, and the week after, I've got to do a
few lectures for Alex's show in Raleigh. Should be fun. Raleigh is on
track to be better than ever.

Eric A

Old 04-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #77
audrypayne
Of course Raleigh will be a good show. Alex has it now. I vended his September show there, and was very pleased with the way he & Brett ran it.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #78
cowboyman13
I have a great respect for those of you that post on this site and your opinion, but i can tell you that the quarrel between the two promoters i could care less about, or what childish thing either has done. I have attended the shows in the past. Allways enjoyed stopping by the booths of allot of those i see posting bad remarks. Some of yall just last fall where set up at his show.

As for the show last weekend i didn't make it. Its hard enough finding parking going to clearwater bch. With a festival its next to impossible. I do know quite a few that went and yall will be happy to hear the show was a bust. Poor vendor turn out, not many animals. It was explained to me that you could make the whole pass of tables in an hour taking your time. Here in FL festivals usually are alcohol, tourist. Great if your in the souvenirs, t-shirts, or an alcohol vendor, but cant imagine its good for pet sales. I feel for any vendor that had to deal with such conditions. Because the vendors are the only thing i care about at a show anyways.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #79
homegrownherps
[quote=cowboyman13]I have a great respect for those of you that post on this site and your opinion, but i can tell you that the quarrel between the two promoters i could care less about, or what childish thing either has done. QUOTE]

That to bad you think of this situation "Childish" , How many of Tony's and/or Alex's shows have you vended at?
I don't consider DEATH threats childish, it is a very serious matter when some one gets a death threat.
And when someone attempts to hurt my income, I don't think it to be a laughing matter and take it very seriously as well.
I don't think I have to list all the "serious" issues again. And I don't think of it as "childish".

Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #80
cowboyman13
Let me state how i see this.

I am a buyer i go to the show to buy from vendors. I don't actually care who the promoter is or how long they have been around or how they conduct business because i am there only to purchase from the vendor. As long as there are vendors there that have animals i want to purchase i will go to purchase from that vendor.

Death threats are not only serious they are illegal and should be handled by having the other person arrested.

Joe Blow is mad at Peter Piper. They share the same friends. Joe says don't play with him he has cooties. Joe says if your his friend your not mine. Peter says don't play with him he's a jerk. If your his friend your not mine. Friends are forced to take sides. Childish yes.

Pretty much sums up the progression of this thread. We went from trying to inform the vendors that they may be at risk of a show cancellation they have allready paid for to gloating that the others show was a bust.

I have read all that has been posted on all this. I have no doubt that Tony did wrong. I started my post with my opinion trying to express that i only supported the vendors in this. And really didn't care to get into the debate on promoter vs promoter.

Sorry if the childish comment was taking personally by you. I don't know either of you, and honestly don't care what happens between the two parties. If i hear there is a reptile show local that may have something I'm intrested in. I base my decision on that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!