getting baby bearded to eat... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Ok, what is most likely going to be the problem is your lighting.
How long have you had him for again?
The UVB coil that you have, what brand is it? If it is a reptiglo or a reptisun or a zilla, then that is what is causing the problem. Combined with that & the blue light, it is probably causing photo-kerato-conjunctivitis. It can cause an array of problems, so it is imperative that you get that coil light out now. It will damage the eyes because it is emitting low wavelength of UVB which is borderline UVC. The phototherapy phosphor blend that is used for UVB lights was incorrect & the wrong type of glass was used which was allowing that type of wavelength to occur.
The symptoms are lethargy, non eating, or anorexia type of behavior, squinting one eye off & on, or both of the eyes, balance issues.
Here is an article to better inform you.

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/phototherapyphosphor.htm

So do put just a regular bright white lightbulb in for him, & take the coil UVB out until you can get a regular flourescent tube bulb as a UVB. The only 2 that I will recommend are the reptisun 10 or the reptiglo 8.

Let me know how he is doing. Don't give up, ok? I would like to see him pull through!!

Tracie

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #12
dragonss
baby beardy ...first u need a bigger tank like a 15 or 20 gallon also u need some comfort for ur dragon u wouldn't like it if u had a small glass cage with paper towls get a small stick-on-hamick or a basking rock if ur bd feels scared and nervouse find something like a towl over part of his cage ( i use hamick and underneath is a fake branch from the pet store so he can climb on and get up to the screen top and cool off make sure the top is on they can get out) I also have learned keep ur bd away from loud or noise areas let him get comfy with his new place before try to feed him or her it can take a few days befor they eat but with water a warm and cool place ur dragon should be just find... For a good book to get is " the bearded dragon manual" BY roger klingenberg DVM and jerry cole...good book

Oh also my dragon didn't much like crickets so i started feeding him horn worms from a breeder his web site is www.gratelakehornworms.com maybe this info could help ..

Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #13
dragonss
oh sorry my bad that was greatlakehornworms

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!