garter snake question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
matt b
garter snake question

i just caught this guy today and was just wondering if it is a color morph of some sort? i dont mess with garters much so im not up to date on the different morphs. i have never caught a garter snake around here before with the red markings that this one has.
i found this snake in shallotte north carolina.
any input on the subject would greatly be appreciated

Old 09-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Whatever kind it is, its a pretty one! and looks like it just had a good meal too

Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
matt b
ya i figured he had gotten himself a toad not much earlier before i found him

Old 10-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
evilcowboy420
Not sure if its a color morph more but it is a pretty one. Looks like and eastern. I have seen these guy range from a lighter green to army green but never seen one quite like that one. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying any particular morph cause I have never seen a morph that looks quite like that. I would keep and breed it and try to prove it is genetic.

That is just pretty so would probably be a nice little breeder or a great pet. Either way I would keep it if I were you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!