Eastern Mud Snakes - Farancia abacura abacura - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Eastern Mud Snakes - Farancia abacura abacura

Female

Male

Just got these two tonight Im VERY happy with them!

I thought that these guys were pretty fascinating.

Whatchya think? Pretty cool eh? Thanks Sarah!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Whoa! Very pretty Alicia!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Whoa! Very pretty Alicia!
^_^ Thanks John!!!!

Cant wait to give them their first meals with me should be interesting to watch!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #4
WJS Herps
Hi Alicia -

Unfortunately the computer I'm on won't pull up the pics, but the muds have the red triangles coming up the side and the "horny tail-tip", right?

I was heading to my parents for Sunday dinner and caught one crossing the road on a rainy night several years ago and let it go just down the street at their pond. It was the only one I had ever seen (I've lived in that area for 31 years) and it was beautiful. I hope you really enjoy them.

What are you going to be feeding them?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJS Herps View Post
Hi Alicia -

Unfortunately the computer I'm on won't pull up the pics, but the muds have the red triangles coming up the side and the "horny tail-tip", right?

I was heading to my parents for Sunday dinner and caught one crossing the road on a rainy night several years ago and let it go just down the street at their pond. It was the only one I had ever seen (I've lived in that area for 31 years) and it was beautiful. I hope you really enjoy them.

What are you going to be feeding them?
These guys, when i got them, were feeding on Green tree frogs.

So ill be feeding them that, while i locate, also, a good source for Amphiuma and Sirens and i want to try salamanders too.( i have been talking to LOTS of people about this... yeah. im crazy. but i really want to be successful with these guys!) For now, though, the frogs should work.

If they can take dead prey, that would be excellent....im going to try a few frozen frogs and go from there, because if i can do that, i can freeze all of the prey for them, and use it as i go. This way, i wont have to worry about taking care of the prey AS WELL and it growing too big for them to eat while im caring for em.

Ive got a BUNCH of frogs coming to me for tomorrow, that should last me a very good long while for these guys.

Thanks a bunch!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
janeothejungle
Those are diabolically HOT!!! 'Grats!! Can't wait to see them as they grow....

*runs off to research the species

Cheers,
Kat

Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
LadyOhh
LOVE those colors. Congrats, A!!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #8
Miss Tuniwha
that first photo hurt my eyes its so bright girl.. warn people next time. HA HA HA HA

Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
Tim Cole
Thumbs up

Very nice! Good luck acquiring food for them. I've caught a few westerns but have never seen an eastern. Where did you get them?

Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
HopingForBabies
Do you still have these? How are they doing? Where did you get them from? Thanks,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!