Isn't this ILLEGAL? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
melissal
Isn't this ILLEGAL?

Ball Python for sale ad

Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Chameleon Company
By illegal, you are asking if it is against the law ? Don't want to speculate too much, but perhaps you meant it was a violation of the TOS of Ebay ? When labeling it as "illegal" it would be helpful if you could cite what you believe the relevant statute would be, or the specific illegality that you feel is being committed.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Scott Nellis
Talking Um...

Um....exactly what part of that ad is illegal? Looks ok to me, except that I believe E-bay stopped the selling of live animals on it's site...so I don't know how that ad posted. But, it's not illegal...just against E-bay's policy.

Scott Nellis

Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
melissal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Company
By illegal, you are asking if it is against the law ? Don't want to speculate too much, but perhaps you meant it was a violation of the TOS of Ebay ? When labeling it as "illegal" it would be helpful if you could cite what you believe the relevant statute would be, or the specific illegality that you feel is being committed.
did you see the question mark at the end of the subject ?

That means I don't want to speculate and wanted someone to explain the specifict illegality or violation committed. thank you

Old 09-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #5
christopher66
I read that add.Theres something about it that just doesn't sit right with me.
I came to the conclusion that anyone dealing with this individual should be carefull.
I had some red flags come up.
Maybe I'm just cynical,but i have yet to be ripped off.And this add and seller just doesn't look right to me.

Just my opinion.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #6
hhmoore
It is not illegal, but it is a violation of Ebay's policy regarding sale of live animals. I am sure it will be removed shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay Policy: Animals and Wildlife Products

Animals and Wildlife Products

eBay generally does not allow the listing of live animals or pets on eBay. In restricted cases, some stuffed birds and the pelts and skins of some animals are permitted. Sellers who wish to list these items should review the specific rules in the “Some Examples” section below to ensure their listings comply with eBay policy. We also encourage members to educate themselves on the laws governing the regulation of the sale of animals found in the additional information section.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Old 09-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
Chameleon Company
Melissa ...

C'mon .. take a powder for a moment. Look at what you said:
Quote:
did you see the question mark at the end of the subject ?
To be as frank as possible, you did ask this question:
Quote:
Isn't this illegal ?
And in the schools that I attended in my youth, a question mark was usually what was at the end of a sentance that asked a question. The point was that you did not explain what "this" was. You might have had more success if you had said "Is selling snakes on Ebay illegal", or "Is it legal to sell snakes without a permit", etc.. or "Aren't exotic snakes banned in this municipality". Which probably brings us back to a fundamental understanding about the differences between government statutes and the policies of private companies, as Harald pointed out. For future reference, there is also a significant distinction between just asking "Isn't this illegal" vs. "Is this legal"

Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
clarinet45

Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
Bill & Amy
It is now an invalid item.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
hhmoore
I guess somebody must have reported the auction to eBay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!