Need help identifying markings - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
HerpGuy
Thanx for the kudos.... I do it outta my love for herps.

But no I did not know that.... like I'm still learning and researching and trying to... ya know, just overall get as much knowledge as I possibly can. I still ahve awhile befoer I ahve the full knowledge to attempt breeding... so I'm not 100% naive about it lol. But thank you for that bit of info. I was going on what I read, that it was the only way to get a snow. So thank you.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #12
LadyOhh
It is the only way to get a Snow, but you have to breed your second (filial) generations (Double Hets) together to actually even get the chance to produce snows... 1 in 16 to be exact.

It takes a bit of getting used to if you don't have much background in genetics, but its fun to learn!

Old 04-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #13
HerpGuy
yes it is very much so Hope fully I will be in class this fall to be on my way to get my degree bio then zoology then study herps and try for a degree in genetics.... but from what I saw for that curriculum for genetics, OH MY GOD!!!! lol.... anyways thanx.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #14
DJSlurp1200
beautiful little babies! Both of them have their own cool traits! hold onto them and breed them into the future and see of some of those traits carry over!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #15
HerpGuy
Talking

oh that's not even the best pic... here is all 3 together, and you definitely see the color and pattern variations.... one has a lot of yellow and white compared to the others... Check it out, one big happy family lol

The one on the right is my female, her pattern is very ummmm... word.... unorganized is the best. She looks like one of those paintings where people just throw pain up on th canvas lol..

The second, in middle, is a male... his pattern is very symmetric and organized...

Third is my other female of the topic, her color is so much different which why it made me think, and her pattern is even more so organized.

I'm very happy to have been graced with the pleasures of owning thses snakes... all of them are teddy bears
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
HerpGuy
one other question...

I have a question that arose today. While at work I ran into a guy who claimed to be a breeder.... he said something about being able to tell a het for piebald or a certain by the underbelly. He described a cream or a LIGHT brown or pinkish tone. Is this true?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #17
HerpGuy
Ok I stand corrected.... I did a lot of reading and studying. And while doing thing I ran into a breeder, Gerriwitz reptiles I think they are called.... and they described my little male to a "t". Blushing on the side to underbelly, with a defined light spot in the middle back of head. They labeled this morph as Het for Ivory. I dunno, I know for definite there is something there. Just not sure what. I guess I will have to keep my panties on.... for the next couple of years till I have some hatchlings and breed a female back to him. The only thing I'm beating my head against the wall for is that I have no idea of the percentage of the het he has. But I saw the picture of a het for Ivory, and like holy **** that's, Oscar!!! He has the spot on his head and the yellow/blushing belly.

Anyways, just a side note. We had a vet visit yesterday. They all have a clear bill of health.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #18
Cat_72
Try looking here......this will sort out more of what an actual Yellowbelly (het for ivory) looks like. There is no "percent het" to a yellowbelly, either they are or aren't.

http://www.nextworldexotics.com/hgyb.htm

The het pied markers are still a debatable topic, there is no 100% guarantee that it is a foolproof method of telling, as there are complete normals that can have the traits....but when keeping back possible het pieds, they seem to be fairly predicatable. There is a lot more to the het pied markers than just belly color as well...

http://www.nextworldexotics.com/hghpm.htm

Old 04-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #19
HerpGuy
Thanx Cat, you're always so helpful.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #20
Cat_72
I try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!