Need help identifying markings - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #21
HerpGuy
lol.... well i just finished reading, and he fits all the characteristics. I have him siting in front me while I type and read. Lol... But he's got the speckling, if lightly, amazing flames starting at his belly, and the faded markings on head, alot of yellow along the sides. I dunno, I think we will just have to sit and wait this one out. But if you want to check back in on this post later, I will post some pics of all this that I see when my wife gets home with my camera.

Old 04-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #22
HerpGuy
So here are those pics of Oscar. I hope yall realize I'm very nervous, cuz I don't want to look like an idiot that just aint getting it. I'm simply trying to learn... so please bear with me....

Cat, I tried marking his marking like the site in the links... neither Oscar or my camera wanted to cooperate with me. If I didn't use flash, everything came out really dark, if when I did everything came out fuzzy and too bright. And please mind he had a really bad shed due to the improper cond. his other owner had him in, so the top of his head looks rough. So anyways, take a look at the belly and all. It came out lighter in the pics, it's more like a very pale yellow and red almost like pink rose with a lot of yellow. U know I now know what the color reminds me.... ginger root. lol... anyways I can take criticism, so feel free to do so. Thanx everyone for stopping in and helping.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #23
HerpGuy
here the last one
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
Cat_72
Ty, IMO he's not a Yellowbelly. The speckly pattern on his belly just isn't there....but he does have some very nice color to him.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #25
Leighanne
He is VERY beautiful, quit a stud! From what I've READ around here because I'm no Breeder, if you want to figure out exactly what he is you'll have to Breed him. Right guys? Or no?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #26
HerpGuy
Now I feel stupid lol....

Thanx though... "Only stupid question is the one not asked." right?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #27
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpGuy
Now I feel stupid lol....

Thanx though... "Only stupid question is the one not asked." right?
You are absolutely right....nothing to feel stupid about! The yellowbelly is a hard one to really define, but once you get a good look at a nice example of one, in person especially...it's pretty easy to spot.

I've got a couple of Ball Pythons here myself that just seem "different", and though they don't fit the description of known morphs, they will make a fun breeding project just to see if anything cool pops up. If not, well....they are still very pretty normals! That's half of the fun, is just the dinkin around. One just never knows!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #28
HerpGuy
ya... I agree... I'm "biting my nails" to see what comes of this trio. I couldn't find anything on this one thing..... but ya know the one with the stripe? Well she has this very odd flecking around her neck on the underside... it's looks like dirt because it is so together... it almost looks like graphite dust... lol.... and it's on the underside. I'm very anxious to see that one come through... I'm sure some will say that it's dirt, because it looks like it, but when I saw it I thought same, and tried cleaning it off. Here's a pic... it's very weird looking but pretty in a way. But either way, kinda blows my mind someone would just throw these gorgeous babies away, and treat them so badly. But here it is... I'm anxious to see if as a novice I can bring something of it about... Like before pics came out horrible.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #29
HerpGuy
oh ya forgot... see that defined line on the left of her side near my hand in first pic... that is that same flecking but in a line more defined and also seperate from the yellows and where normal color start. Weird eh? Hope I'm not beating a dead horse... just enjoy this stuff....

How come we never got along lol? oh ya thats right... because of my mouth.... ahhhhh lol...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #30
Cat_72
Hm, well, that's one of those interesting traits that ya just never know, probably just an isolated anomaly.....but could be fun to play with!

Forgive me if I missed it, but do you know if they are CB or CH?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!